Jordan Nevels to Highlands?

rhino

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by letabrotherspeak

Nah...not enough money...heck George Bush only makes 200,000 dollars a year.

Once had a job at an orange juice factory...got canned...couldn't concentrate.

No, they raised the salary this year to $400,000, I remember that from the election coverage. But Nevels will have a better shot at getting a D1 scholarship, BUT

Will Mueller play him?????

IMO,

He should have stayed at SK and become a featured player rather than having to work his way up through the football factory over in Ft. Thomas.

Sometimes being a big fish in a small pond has its rewards.

JSports, I now that Congress gave themselves a pay raise, didn't hear about the President's. Wonde if his taxable income increased form 50,000? Or maybe his pension inreased as well. Former Presidents make roughly 140K a year in pension upon leaving office.

Originally posted by letabrotherspeak

IMO,

He should have stayed at SK and become a featured player rather than having to work his way up through the football factory over in Ft. Thomas.

Sometimes being a big fish in a small pond has its rewards.

JSports, I now that Congress gave themselves a pay raise, didn't hear about the President's. Wonde if his taxable income increased form 50,000? Or maybe his pension inreased as well. Former Presidents make roughly 140K a year in pension upon leaving office.

Yeah, they also get a Secret Service Agent for life!!!!!!!!! No matter what.

I still don't think that Mueller will just start Nevels or play him as much, unless something that the SITE RULES PROHIBITE ME FROM TALKING ABOUT went down? But thats a different subject that I won't bring up.

Originally posted by gametime

i wish i had an insider on this one:irked: :lol:

You do, you just didn't look in the right place.:D

By the way, I have met labs and I think he would be a good sideline reporter. He speaks well, is quick on his feet, and he is funny and I know how much you guys like to be funny on TV.:lol:

One more thing, the only problem with labs is he has a radio face.:lol:

Originally posted by blueblood2445

What reason would Mueller have not to play him?

Surely too goodness he would at least use him to maybe returns punts or something. Does anybody know if Nevels can kick?

If not he could always use a year of J.V. to get acclimated to the speed of the game.

labs, believe me, this kid will be a star at highlands. highlands has nobody and i mean NOBODY on their team right now with the kind of abilities this kid has.

If(the biggest two letter word in the English language) Nevels is fortunate enough to put on a Highlands jersey I believe he will be a nice addition. I'm not gonna say he will be a star by any means because no matter what anyone says the birds always have their share when it comes to the cream of the crop and I'm sure next year will be no different. If I'm not mistaken don't they return a few members off the area all star teams next season. I didn't see the younger Nevels name mentioned on any of those list. I would venture to say that he would eventually be a nice fit in the system which coach Mueller runs because he is both quick and elusive and with a little grooming he would become another cog in the wheel of success which Highlands football fans have grown accustome too. I have to somewhat agree with LBS in saying that by no means will he waltz in and shake up shop, it will be a process which intells a lot of hard work and if he proves himself then I think he would earn a spot on the field. I would venture to say that even Nevels himself would share the same sentiments.

Originally posted by tdman

labs, believe me, this kid will be a star at highlands. highlands has nobody and i mean NOBODY on their team right now with the kind of abilities this kid has.

If this kid comes in thinking he's going to be the star and take over without putting in the required work, then he's already a second teamer. You can't just pop in to that program and become an instant star or leader, it doesn't matter what you think your abilities are, you have to earn that. Nothing is given to any player on that team. It is earned through hard work and dedication.

Like Blueblood said, he comes in and does the work and is as skilled as everyone says, then he probably will end up being a starter and possibly a leader on the team. But he has to put in the work.

I personally look forward to seeing him play. I hope he is as good as advertised and he does what he needs to do to help the team reach the carpet again.

I am not all that fond of seeing athletes transfer after the begin high school (before high school it is a different beast imo). However, I have heard this rumor that Nevels is coming and have had it confirmed by both Highlands and SK people.

From what I understand Nevels is a good kid as well as a great athlete. He will be a welcome addition to the program.