Jordan Nevels to Highlands?

rhino

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by 83birds

I have a question, where is he going to play?

As I mentioned before, he has played WR, RB and DB.

Competition at RB should be should be stiff next year at Highlands since they have a number of promising underclassmen RBs. Peterman (soph), Bionimi(sp?) (soph) and Ruby (frosh) and another fosh RB are all pretty good. Peterman saw plenty of varsity action last year. Since these other RBs have more muscle mass than Jordan they might be better able to take the pounding at RB.

Turner is graduating but I believe Highlands also had a soph who was the #2 wide out last year. Perhaps Jordan will play some WR. However, I suspect he'll end up as a starting DB next year if he transfers and he is eligible to play. It's probably his best position.

Actually I would almost gurrante that by next season Jordan is pretty rocked up. He is already getting there, and will be the most athletic kid on the Highlands team right now. He is really a fast player he will run a legit 4.3 by the time he is out of high school.

He will start at corner, and probably take reps at WR, and RB.

A player of Nevels' caliber can play any skill position. HHS is exactly a smash mouth squad, and they usually don't have a huge RB. He could play Qb and run the option, he could play RB and leave defenders in the dust, or he could play WR and catch a ton of passes in the Birds' attack. He can also be an asset on the defensive side of the ball. If he does play at HHS he will be utilized to the fullest.

I heard this a few months ago, and talked to Gametime about it also. Now from what my source in the school says, that Jordan will leave after the 27th when the semester ends. Now, I talked to Gametime about it, and what is the official rule on Varsity Athletes tranfering??

Originally posted by pioneerpal

I'm pretty sure the rumor is true and Jordan will be transfering to Highland's following this semester's end at SK. He will also be moving to the Highland's school district. I am pretty sure he will start school there next week. He's a very good student so to say that his decision has anything to do with sports is an unfair assumption to make.

he will probably play where ever he wants to. this kid is the real deal! he has the intangibles you just cant teach. he has great hands,great instincts, and above all a great attitude.

Either the school has to be sub par accidemically, which isn't the case, or the student must move into the school district of which he is to enroll if he/she wishes to participate in varsity sports at that school after having all ready done so at there previous school.

Jordan will play wherever he think's would be best for him in college or that he wants to play most in College. Jordan is built just like his brother's and probly the most athletic, he can see things so clearly and so fast it's like he's playing in another league. I can't wait to see what he does next year and will try to make as many of his game's as possible too.

Originally posted by cshs1981

Great to hear that Jordan is a very good student. Your implication is that SK cannot offer him the academic challenge that he needs, thus, he needs to move to Highlands' school district. I find that hard to believe.

If he wants to go to Highlands to play on a good football team, I see no problem with that. If his family wants that for him and is willing to move, good for Jordan. If it improves his chances of playing in college, its a good move.

Just don't try to tell us that its for academic reasons. I know of several good students that have come out of SK.

I believe that the Fort Thomas school district is one of the tops in the state. So I don't believe that it would be that far fetched to see him going there for academic reasons.

Originally posted by pioneerpal

Jordan will play wherever he think's would be best for him in college or that he wants to play most in College.

I'd bet he'll player wherever the coaches want him to play, even if it's not his best position.

Originally posted by NamecipS

I'd bet he'll player wherever the coaches want him to play, even if it's not his best position.

Take a position, Namecips. Do you think he's going there for academic reasons or for football reasons? Do you think if SK has had a higher level of success in football that his family would be moving?

As I stated earlier, if he goes by the KSHAA rules, there is nothing wrong with him wanting to change schools to get a better chance of getting college paid for. Its a decision that he and his family will have to make. Is he willing to leave his friends for football? Would I make the same decision? Hard to say without walking in the kid's shoes.

This is a football decision only. The strong academics at Highlands are nothing more than a bonus.

Originally posted by cshs1981

Take a position, Namecips. Do you think he's going there for academic reasons or for football reasons? Do you think if SK has had a higher level of success in football that his family would be moving?

As I stated earlier, if he goes by the KSHAA rules, there is nothing wrong with him wanting to change schools to get a better chance of getting college paid for. Its a decision that he and his family will have to make. Is he willing to leave his friends for football? Would I make the same decision? Hard to say without walking in the kid's shoes.

This is a football decision only. The strong academics at Highlands are nothing more than a bonus.

Take a position? I commented on an academic statement and a football statement. There's no need for me to take a position. Highlands is strong in both academics and athletics. For you to say this is "football decision only" just doesn't make sense. Are you his mom or dad? Are you Jordan, do you actually know why they are moving? Maybe their neighbor doesn't take a shower and they just don't like living there any longer. Or maybe his dog ran away and he just can't bear to live there anymore without Rover. I mean c'mon, people move everyday, you can't just broad stroke it and say it's a "football decision only" .

Will he have a better shot at going to college on a free ride by going to Highlands, not necessarily. It's possible he might, of course it's possible he could tear his ACL on the first day of spring practice and never play football again.

No need to take a side. I stand by what I said. Highlands is near the tops in the state in academics and Jordan will play wherever the coaches think will best help the team.

to say jordan has little chance at getting a free ride from sk in unfounded since his brothers all played there and have or will move onto the next level. i would guess academics has more to do with it than others think. this is a very bright family, that even though they possess great athletic talent, they all know that their minds are their real future. i was at an sk practice earlier this season and heard chris talking to the team after practice. he was stating that football is what it is, a sport, and you never know when it might be your last game ever. he focused on the importance of being a well rounded young man and not just an athlete. keep in mind this is comming from a former college ball player that has since graduated and is working towards his law degree at chase law school. i have never mentioned this topic to any of the nevels brothers because its their families personal decision and i dont care to know why he is moving, but i would say from personal experience that academics has as much if not more weight than athletics in this decision.

If this is true this is all about football and a chance to get a state Ring......

SK offers the same type of college prep classes as Highlands...

Sometimes we get caught up in our kids too much...

Do you think this kid is a D1 player?

Someone in the Nevels family must think so....

I am not for sure if this is a good move, sell your house just to have your kid play for Highlands...