Jordan Nevels to Highlands?

rhino

WHO Cares? no offense but if this kid goes to Highlands so be it. Then he learns the "bluebird" way and become part of their team and not SK. So be it. If SK wants to make a big deal out of they can (question his eligiblity, gradianship, so on) will they probably not will the AD sign off on it probably even if the AD and the football coach is one and the same:rolleyes: will this make Highlands better? maybe will this hurt SK? maybe but if the kid wasn't happy there how did it help SK?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ROCK77

WHO Cares? no offense but if this kid goes to Highlands so be it. Then he learns the "bluebird" way and become part of their team and not SK. So be it. If SK wants to make a big deal out of they can (question his eligiblity, gradianship, so on) will they probably not will the AD sign off on it probably even if the AD and the football coach is one and the same:rolleyes: will this make Highlands better? maybe will this hurt SK? maybe but if the kid wasn't happy there how did it help SK?

Aren't message boards like this meant to discuss different topics?If you don't care, then don't post a response.

I think some people care. I mean the thread got to 4 pages with you posting.

It has :kiss: but really why is there 4 pages? talking about a high school student leaving one school because of not being happy taking his ball and going elsewhere:bounce: What about loyality? Hhow do college recuiters look at that? wouldn't u wonder when a player leaves one school goes to another very close to former school and changes gaurdianship to do so? wouldn't this set off a red flag in your head? is the kid coachable and left because he wasn't a team player?:confused:

It has :kiss: but really why is there 4 pages? talking about a high school student leaving one school because of not being happy taking his ball and going elsewhere:bounce: What about loyality? Hhow do college recuiters look at that? wouldn't u wonder when a player leaves one school goes to another very close to former school and changes gaurdianship to do so? wouldn't this set off a red flag in your head? is the kid coachable and left because he wasn't a team player?:confused:

Because it's news. It's football news. Football in NKY is as big as Basketball is in the rest of the state. Something happens affecting the football world up here, people want to know.

Loyalty? Maybe in college, maybe. But not in highschool. They didn't recruit him to go to SK, he lived in that area and had little choice. In college they recruit you and so there should be some loyalty there. See Marvin Stone story about transferring schools and loyalty.

College recruiters, what do they care whether you transferred or not, they're only interested in the bottom line, are you qualified and are you coming to their school.

Changes in guardianship I didn't know about until today. I thought the family was moving to Ft. Thomas. If true, then that does raise a little concern and I'm sure will be looked in to by SK or KHSAA.

Originally posted by NamecipS

Football in NKY is as big as Basketball is in the rest of the state. Something happens affecting the football world up here, people want to know.

yes it is I've coached high school football for over a decade I realise how big it is but again until it happens let's wait, football season is a long way away

Originally posted by theguru

You do, you just didn't look in the right place.:D

By the way, I have met labs and I think he would be a good sideline reporter. He speaks well, is quick on his feet, and he is funny and I know how much you guys like to be funny on TV.:lol:

One more thing, the only problem with labs is he has a radio face.:lol:

my source on this is as good as it gets, that was insider sarcasm :rolleyes::D

yes it is I've coached high school football for over a decade I realise how big it is but again until it happens let's wait, football season is a long way away

The thread title is "JORDAN NEVELS TO HIGHLANDS?" So why not discuss it. Obviously, it is quite possible this is going to happen. Otherwise this thread would've been shut down because of the rule about discussing rumors.

I do agree that nothing it certain until it actually happens. But it's fun to speculate about what could happen and what he might bring to the team.

If you've been a coach for over a decade, I'm sure there's been a time or two where you thought you might be getting a good player transferring in to your school. You can't tell me you didn't sit around with some of your friends and discuss what could happen on the field if you get the kid? It's human nature. That's pretty much what's going on here, except that it's in a public forum and not in the garage throwing back a few brewskies.

I do agree that nothing it certain until it actually happens. But it's fun to speculate about what could happen and what he might bring to the team.

Just like in Cool Hand Luke when they say 'if my man says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs", if Oldbird says its a done deal, its a done deal.

That's pretty much what's going on here, except that it's in a public forum and not in the garage throwing back a few brewskies.

true but some post read like this kid is the second coming. Kids a good player his brothers were all good players but I have issues with a kid leaving one place and going else where?

Originally posted by blueblood2445

I'm in no position to say what will or will not happen in the future.

I know what I would like to see happen but I don't think I really have a say in the matter.

I'm curious, what would you like to see happen?

Originally posted by cshs1981

Just like in Cool Hand Luke when they say 'if my man says he can eat fifty eggs, he can eat fifty eggs", if Oldbird says its a done deal, its a done deal.

I didn't say it was a done deal. I did say that I have confirmed that he is coming from people both connected to the Highlands program and the SK program. However, Jordan is still a kid and he could change his mind at any point.

If I was predicting I would say he is leaving SK.