Jordan Nevels to Highlands?

rhino

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About what could have went down. It is something that should be asked and something to think about. Red flags are being raised because An Awesome Athlete from a losing school in Independence is packing up a leaving for a Great School in Fort Thomas. When does that question come up? I know KHSAA will certainly bring it up. But doesn't the question linger in the back of you head?

It is something to THINK ABOUT, not meant to discuss!!!

Originally posted by JUGGSPORTS

About what could have went down. It is something that should be asked and something to think about. Red flags are being raised because An Awesome Athlete from a losing school in Independence is packing up a leaving for a Great School in Fort Thomas. When does that question come up? I know KHSAA will certainly bring it up. But doesn't the question linger in the back of you head?

Not that you're suggesting anything...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by JUGGSPORTS

Help me out, Juggs. I'm not sure what your asking/saying. Are you saying that this topic is hot because it involves 'an awesome athlete ' from Sk going to Highlands? What will KHSAA 'certainly bring up'? What question might 'linger in the back of my head'?

Meuller was not even notified of any supposed proposed transfer until more recently(end of last week, beginning of this week). From what I have heard he has avoided any contact with Nevels for this very reason. That brings me to two interesting thoughts. If I wanted to just play ball somewhere, the coach would be the first person I talked to but then again if there was more to my case than just sports I would really have no need to contact the coach. Second being that Mueller is completely clean of any such "wrong doings".

this is becoming more obvious that there was no wrong doing by any party in this matter. maybe it was a kid not happy where he was at. maybe his parents felt he could get a better chance at a higher level of hs and college education paid for (weither its on an athletic or academic scholarship). maybe its he respects his older brother and his parents know that the brother is a positive role model to anyone he comes in contact with. maybe they wish to have thier youngest, and maybe most gifted, son go through this very tough two years in his life living with a law student and former d1 athlete he respects more than anyone. just some food for thought for all of us uninformed out here. alot more to this one than football. i guarantee it on this one

Let's change the thread direction for just a second. What happens if he transfers and then becomes athletically ineligible to play football or basketball at Highlands? Does he transfer back to SK? Would he be allowed to transfer back to SK and play the two sports there? I understand he is a very bright young man, but say for instance KHSAA decides this is to fishy of a situation as far as the athletics is concerned.

Originally posted by BigRebel

Anybody that doesn't realize this is purely for athletic reasons is only kidding themselves.

Who would you rather play for, a 4A doormat or the best 3A team in all the land, at least they used to be?

See and I thought I was one of the only posters who would stir the pot with a statement like that.

Yeah, I'm not buying it. I'll go back to my original statement and say that the Ft. Thomas school district is one of the best in the state. And to borrow from blueblood, which carries more weight, a degree from NKU or the same degree from Yale?

You can't just broad stroke it by saying it's purely athletical(is that a word, it is now) reasons.

All I wanted to get across was that it was just a thought. KHSAA will most likely bring up the Evil "R" Word. As they do in most cases. But I know that its out of the picture. Seeing that I have known about this transfer for awhile, It has been in the back of my mind. Now hearing from the Birds, I am for sure now that it is out of the picture.

I played football with both Nevels brothers, and Jordan has a great chance of landing a D1 School. I and others think this would be a great way for him to be found. But, this varsity transfer raises red flags. Now, is he doing it to win, education, to be recognized, or All THREE???

I believe all three.

Probably wouldn't be made as big a deal as the way it's going now. But I'm sure someone somewhere would question why.

Of course since it's a transfer to Highlands, people are going to question it. I guess it's kind of like the rich getting richer and the poor struggling to stay above water. Maybe not the best example, but I'm sure you all get the gist.