Can Manual be Beat by a Kentucky Team this season?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Undefeated (10-0) Perry County Central is loaded with talent this year too. They have most of their players back from last year's team that fell in the first round of the state tournament by 2 points to Butler, a game they more than likely win with room to spare if leading scorer and All State player Kendall Noble hadn't gone down with a knee injury in the first two minutes of the game. PCC also picked up a great player from North Laurel, and one of the best players on Mason County's team (a local girl who's parent's moved back to Perry County).

I believe Perry Central had a good chance to win the state title last year if Noble had not been injured. Now with two excellent additions to go along with Noble and Rankin, Perry Central may just do it this year. Coach Randy Napier won the state title when he coached MC Napier, which along with Dilce Combs, form Perry County Central. Title number two is a definite possibility this year.

I haven't seen PCC but I've watched Manual 3 times and I am very impressed. I haven't seen a team as good as Manual since the Sacred Heart team a few years back. They really don't run a whole lot of set offense; they spread the floor, drive and shoot or dish. Tough part of their game is defense. One thing for sure, when you play them, the game is in the air. Block in the middle picture was unreal.

6562918147_793ecfc673.jpg

6562811331_005d4ae147.jpg

6562786477_db4c8b9d59.jpg

I'm sure Manual will be the favorites going into the state tournament. Have they picked up any players since last year? They were also good last year but Rockcastle won the title. As I mentioned already, I believe Perry Central could have matched up with any of them last year if not for Noble's unfortunate injury.

Perry Central has a center (Rankin) that is about 6'1 and has the size and strength to create space, score, or draw fouls. Hard to make blocks on her. It's going to take a major effort to contain her. She almost beat Butler by herself last year after Noble's 1st quarter injury, scoring over 30. But if you key too much on her then Noble has a multitude of ways of scoring. All Perry's players are good with the basketball and can score. One of the jokes going around the region when they added the two transfers was there wouldn't be enough basketballs to go around in a game. And PCC handles pressure defense very well. Napier knows how to press and his teams work hard on beating the other team's press. He's been around a long time in the coaching business and knows the game very well. Perry will not be an easy out in the state tournament imo.

A better question is who can beat Marion County. Perry Central is not in the same class as Marion and Manual. Manual is yet to play anyone other than Mercy.

Perry Central's is stronger than they were last year with the addition of the two transfers. And last year they were right in the mix to win the title, and might have if they hadn't lost Noble. What has happened since then to make Manual and Marion so much more powerful than Perry? Neither one of them won the state title last year either. If memory serves me correctly, Rockcastle County won it.

Where did the two transfers come from? I know they got Noble last year as a transfer and maybe another kid, but you are telling me they got two more this year? Hmmmm.......the smell test is smelling bad.

I'm not from Perry County so I'm not in the know about everything that's going on there. From what I understand the Smith girl is originally from Perry County. Her parents moved back from Mason County last year. The North Laurel transfer, I believe her name is Crawford, I have no idea what led to her move.

As far as Noble, from what I hear her mother is a doctor and she moved to Perry County from Jackson because she changed her employment to a hospital in Hazard.

• 2 weeks later...