Can Manual be Beat by a Kentucky Team this season?

Mercy beats Manual tonight 67-65. The smart kids beat the athletes.

Wow, that's an interesting game anaylsis. FYI, Manual is a Magnet school with some very interesting ACT stats on their website; their average for the kids in the school is a 26.

I guess this answers your question D-Series.

Yep; I saw them both several times in Lexington and wouldn't have guessed it would have happened. Glad I'm wrong. The one thing I do like about Mercy is their guard play. The way to to keep Manual from scoring is to take care of the rock which keeps them from getting their fast breaks and quick points.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's an interesting game anaylsis. FYI, Manual is a Magnet school with some very interesting ACT stats on their website; their average for the kids in the school is a 26.

I took the ACT 3 times and my combined score wasn't 26!

Ummm ... you realize that Manual is one of the most prestigious academic schools in the state, right?

Yes but like alot of schools in Louisville the kids that are good players are highly chased by the high school coaches out of middle school. Check Manuals players ACT scores and get back to me.........

Yes but like alot of schools in Louisville the kids that are good players are highly chased by the high school coaches out of middle school. Check Manuals players ACT scores and get back to me.........

It has been a long time since I took a logic class but are you saying the Manual players are recruited from middle schools and don't have high ACT scores? I didn't understand the phrase highly chased.

If I had a child playing on Manual's team, I would have certainly found your comment that the smart kids beat the athletes as impertinent.

As i posted previously, yes they can be beaten. However Mercy will probably beat Manual 2 out of 10 times. Also to say Perry Centrral is not in the same league as Manual and Marion is foolish. Gurantee they can beat either one on any given night as can another handful of teams in the state. If i have learned one thing in girls basketball, nothing is a sure thing. I do think this loss by Manual makes the Marion game a little more interesting satruday. The loss shows they are beatable but it also leads me to believe it will re-focus the Manual girls. Girls basketball is great.

I think what Heartbreaker is insinuating is that while Manual has a great majority of kids scoring very well on the ACT, not a lot of them are athletes. If you have followed several lawsuits against JCPS over the years, you will see that some kids with middle school 4.0's do not get into Manual, but several kids with less than stellar middle school GPA's and can average 20 points per game get in. On the flip side, all you need to get into Mercy is about $10,000 per year. Either way, no matter how you look at it, it's a bogus statement.

I think what Heartbreaker is insinuating is that while Manual has a great majority of kids scoring very well on the ACT, not a lot of them are athletes. If you have followed several lawsuits against JCPS over the years, you will see that some kids with middle school 4.0's do not get into Manual, but several kids with less than stellar middle school GPA's and can average 20 points per game get in. On the flip side, all you need to get into Mercy is about $10,000 per year. Either way, no matter how you look at it, it's a bogus statement.

Heartbreaker is not nearly as stupid as you guys think.....sorry for the third person....

Could possibly be 3 straight! If Manual doesnt re-focus they could possibly in my view. They have a tough game against the Ryle Lady Raiders and I'm not sure how many of you know anything about them but it could quite possible be a hard fought game. This seems to be a tough part of the schedule for Manual. Playing 3 of the top ten teams in the state all in a row. Hopefullt they can get back on track BUT just know Ryle isnt a team that your going to walk into the gym a beat easily

LOL Jenna Crittendon may be better than anyone Manual has. Just because a team is from the Home of Pitino doesn't mean they will win as Manual has found out more than once in the last week. Ill take Ryle by 4

This shows why your comments on the rankings threads are way off.....Lets see.....

1. Ryle

2. Ryle

3. Ryle

BUT we will revisit this after the game.