Texans 20 Bengals 19

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Citing the economic downturn as a reason for poor Bengal attendance is not touching on the key issues, IMO. The stadium doesn't fill up, because of the Carson Palmer fiasco, going a combined 131-217-1 since 1990, and having a shameless owner. Season ticket sales come on the coattails of 6+ win seasons in Cincinnati, not economic booms.

I disagree with that, everyone doesn't have the excess money in comparison to what they used to.

If you let a third string rookie quarterback from North Carolina lead a game-winning touchdown drive against you, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs. I also hate the prevent defense. When was the last time it prevented anything?

I completely agree, especially with your point about the prevent defense.

Man, it's such a shame that the injury bug bit the Bengals this year. I thought Carlos Dunlap was having an outstanding season and was a huge difference maker. It's been like a slow kill. My prediction was 7-9 prior to the season. They exceeded my expectations this season and I am very excited about the future. Couple our very talented young guys with some outstanding draft positions and I think this team can make some noise over the next few years. Green needs minimum 10 targets/game.

:lol:

Far from it. I haven't been to a Bengals game since Hurricane Ike rolled through.

Cool. I just thought we should throw around exaggerated opinions of each other since you were of me. Facts are facts. They only team with a winning record they have a W over is Tenn. Tenn is 7-6.

I repeat once again he has now put a good young football team together, a team that should be better each year. So why do you think he will decide now to change things. Honestly why should he now at this point? He is already hard headed, so not like he is going to change things after putting together a good young team.

Maybe more of this will help!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

Cool. I just thought we should throw around exaggerated opinions of each other since you were of me. Facts are facts. They only team with a winning record they have a W over is Tenn. Tenn is 7-6.

Pats have played a horrible schedule since the midpoint, the Steelers and the Ravens have played the same horrible schedule the Bengals have besides two games. It's not like we take credit away from those teams for beating bad and average teams. That is what good teams do. The Bengals have done that, what they have not done is beat the elite teams in the NFL. So no they are not an elite team, they are a good team that is not able to overcome injuries to beat the elite teams. The elite teams have depth to overcome injuries, the Bengals don't have that depth yet. With the young talent in place, they are in position to build that depth. They were healthy when they were winning, and unfortunately they started having key injuries when the big games came along. Yet in each one of them besides one they had a good shot to win. Also they are a team who if they win out still has a good chance to make it.

The Texans are not an elite team with the current makeup.

The Broncos are not an elite team.

The 49ers, despite record, are not an elite team.

The only teams they've played that could be considered elite are Baltimore and Pittsburgh. They're 0-3.

Teams considered good to above average would be the Texans, 49ers, Broncos, and Titans. They're 1-3.

Team that would be considered bad to below average are the Bills, Browns, Seahawks, Colts, Jaguars. They're 6-0.

That puts their record against teams above average at 1-6, and against teams below average at 6-0.

As SSC has stated. They've beaten terrible teams, and fared extremely poorly against the good teams they've faced.

The only teams they've played that could be considered elite are Baltimore and Pittsburgh. They're 0-3.

Teams considered good to above average would be the Texans, 49ers, Broncos, and Titans. They're 1-3.

Team that would be considered bad to below average are the Bills, Browns, Seahawks, Colts, Jaguars. They're 6-0.

That puts their record against teams above average at 1-6, and against teams below average at 6-0.

As SSC has stated. They've beaten terrible teams, and fared extremely poorly against the good teams they've faced.

Seattle is not a bad team should not be listed with the teams you listed. They also beat the Giants on the road as well. The Bills at the time were not a bad team, and were playing great. You can't discount that win, when confidence is huge and they had all the confidence in the world and just beat the Pats. The Jags have beaten the Ravens, and have a top 5 defense. So shows that was also a tough game to win. The Colts are a bad team obviously. The Texans and 49ers are good teams, and both games the Bengals let leads at the end slip away. Games that very easily could have been wins too. They are a good team this year, but I am not surprised you would argue that. I mean you are the one who said they would be horrible and no chance at all they could even come close to even 8 and 8. So obviously you don't want to admit they are good, because that would make you more wrong than you already are. The season is not over, and you could end up being right about this if they don't win these games. Which would be one of the first things you been right about this year about the Bengals. They also have a good chance to go 10 and 6 and make the playoffs, but I am sure you all would still say they are not a good team.

Yep. The Bengals aren't good or bad. They are better than bad, but not quite good. I'm not sure what's hard to understand about that.

How do we quantify "good"? I will go with where they wind up in the league standings at the end of the year. 12 teams will make it to the playoffs. That 37.5% of the teams in the league. If you are not in the top 37.5% are you "good"? Turn the #s into a test score. Start at 100 for perfect, now take away the 37.5 that are right now better than you and you are at 62.5. Not a "good" grade. If they wind up with a draft spot of 16 or better, then they fall below 50%. What is "good" about that?

How do we quantify "good"? I will go with where they wind up in the league standings at the end of the year. 12 teams will make it to the playoffs. That 37.5% of the teams in the league. If you are not in the top 37.5% are you "good"? Turn the #s into a test score. Start at 100 for perfect, now take away the 37.5 that are right now better than you and you are at 62.5. Not a "good" grade. If they wind up with a draft spot of 16 or better, then they fall below 50%. What is "good" about that?

As I mentioned before the season is not over now. I look at the Bengals and what the results have produced, and also just look at how they play. I look at how they matchup with other teams and how they will do against them. I do think the Bengals are a good team, and I do think they will end up at 10 and 6. Which if they get to 10 and 6 I don't know how people could say they are not a good team. Which 10 and 6 is not a guarntee to make the playoffs, because now they need a couple of teams to lose. However I do think if they get to 10 and 6 it will work out to where they make the playoffs. If they don't then I will agree that they were just an average team this year no more no less.