Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texans 20 Bengals 19

Featured Replies

We have discussed this before, he is not the reason why they are not going to games. He might be for some people, but for most people he is not the reason. People gave up their season tickets because they were fed up with losing and thought this team would really suck this year. Season tickets determine stadiums selling out, and they lost so many season tickets that they won't really sell out. Just like next year they probably will sell out more games, because some people will start buying season tickets again because of the young talent even though he would still be the owner. If it still is nothing but blackouts next year too, then you will be right.

 

And I will be. With 3 games left we are in the playoff hunt and can't even comes close to selling out. Not even remotely close.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most by luck. His track record is proven. No reason to think the same improvements will keep happening with him making decisions.

 

Your right and history is definitely on your side for this. However my point is there is no reason to even say wake up Mikey like things are going to change now. It's not like this was a 2 and 14 team this year, it is a very young team who has given theirselves a shot. A young team that looks to have a bright future. So in his eyes he is getting things done right now, so not like he will change it now. Yes would be awesome to have a GM, but who is to say we even hire a GM that would even be good. There are also bad GM's out there.

And I will be. With 3 games left we are in the playoff hunt and can't even comes close to selling out. Not even remotely close.

 

Because so many season tickets were not sold. Because the economy is so bad, and tickets are expensive still. I know that is the only reason why I haven't made the last two home games, is because I simply don't have the money. As much as I would love to go, I have to be smart and use the money I have on things I need in my everyday life. A lot of people are in the same boat. We will see season tickets start to go back up next year though, and we won't see as empty of stadiums and will see more home games on actual tv.

Because so many season tickets were not sold. Because the economy is so bad, and tickets are expensive still. I know that is the only reason why I haven't made the last two home games, is because I simply don't have the money. As much as I would love to go, I have to be smart and use the money I have on things I need in my everyday life. A lot of people are in the same boat. We will see season tickets start to go back up next year though, and we won't see as empty of stadiums and will see more home games on actual tv.

 

Citing the economic downturn as a reason for poor Bengal attendance is not touching on the key issues, IMO. The stadium doesn't fill up, because of the Carson Palmer fiasco, going a combined 131-217-1 since 1990, and having a shameless owner. Season ticket sales come on the coattails of 6+ win seasons in Cincinnati, not economic booms.

It could be worse. We could still have Carson.

It could be worse. We could still have Carson.

 

Ha. he's tearing it up in Green Bay

Ha. he's tearing it up in Green Bay

 

Hey he just needs to be with the Bengals to beat Green Bay, that is why he is playing bad. I believe he was 2 and 0 against the Packers with the Bengals. :D

Lot of garbage in this thread. Clearly the refs decided this one. NO WAY that was pass interference.

At least now the Bengals can put to rest any talk of postseason....I'm saying 8-8 is what they finish. Better than expectations, but just a complete and utter collapse.

 

The Bengals next two games are very winnable, while the Jets next two are tougher. If both teams when their next two games, then it will come down to the final week of the year. If the Bengals beat the Ravens and the Jets lose on the road at Miami, then the Bengals are in the playoffs. So no matter what if the Bengals win the next two, the Bengals will have a shot on the last week of the year. That Miami game will mean everything. Both teams have the same conference record and that would be the tiebreaker.

Lot of garbage in this thread. Clearly the refs decided this one. NO WAY that was pass interference.

 

Are you just joking? He grabbed his whole arm and pulled him.

Are you just joking? He grabbed his whole arm and pulled him.

 

I was just hoping they would call holding and not PI.

Gruden does not turn Dalton loose. The Bengals are back to last year offense, run, run and hope on third down. They do let you pass on first down, ask Green Bay. The penalty was bad, false starts worst but not falling on that fumble unforgetable.

Papa and daughter were in attendance today. Lots of reasons this one slipped away. Too many defensive players injured; they still rattled the young QB on occasion but gave up WAY too many wide-open looks to the TEs and RBs. Settling for 3 after first and goal from the 1 in retrospect was tough. The first play of the second half was a KILLER. Trying to advance the fumble and get on Sportscenter was inexcusable. The PI call on Jones (and it was legit) was critical. Calling the timeout on defense after Houston got the PI call and had the ball on the 6 I thought gave the Texans a chance to draw up the game-winner; without the TO I'm not sure they could have.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.