December 14, 201114 yr Anyone who thinks Arizona is a given is sorely mistaken. 1st up is St. Louis. who may look like a pushover, but I wouldn't take that game for granted either. I would lean a lot more towards 1-2 than 3-0 in the last 3 games. Arizona definitely is going to be a tough game. I mean I not surprised that some of you think the Bengals would go 1 and 2 the rest of the way. The same people saying that are the same people who thought they would suck before the year even started. So that is not surprising. You are right though that people shouldn't just assume the Bengals will win. It definitely will be a tough game, and the Rams have shown by how they beat the Saints that they are tough at home. So by no means will it be easy. However the Bengals have shown all year that these next two games at least are games that the Bengals do well in and have been winning. So I do think they will win these two, and the Ravens game will be tough. I think or at least I hope they come out aggresive against them, if they do I like their chances. I just like how this team is made up, and how they play. I think they will find away to win all three. All year long they have been there best when their backs up against the wall, it seems like they like doing things the hard way. So I think they will pull it off, just depends if they get the help they need in the others, which I think will happen though.
December 14, 201114 yr I don't think they have been their best when their backs were against the wall. Last week was a pretty important game at home against a team that had to play a 3rd string rookie QB, and they couldn't get it done. They have been their best against inferior teams early in the season when the pressure to win was a little less.
December 14, 201114 yr Author I don't think they have been their best when their backs were against the wall. Last week was a pretty important game at home against a team that had to play a 3rd string rookie QB, and they couldn't get it done. They have been their best against inferior teams early in the season when the pressure to win was a little less. I was thinking the same thing. :thumb:
December 14, 201114 yr I don't think they have been their best when their backs were against the wall. Last week was a pretty important game at home against a team that had to play a 3rd string rookie QB, and they couldn't get it done. They have been their best against inferior teams early in the season when the pressure to win was a little less. I was thinking the same thing. :thumb: Well we all know what our opinions are about this, and at least this time no is trying to state their opinion as a fact by saying no way it can happen. We will see how it plays out, it could go either way. My prediction to start this year was based on how Dalton plays. If he plays well they will win the next 3 IMO, if the struggles then 1 and 2 is very possible as you all have said.
December 15, 201114 yr Well we all know what our opinions are about this, and at least this time no is trying to state their opinion as a fact by saying no way it can happen. We will see how it plays out, it could go either way. My prediction to start this year was based on how Dalton plays. If he plays well they will win the next 3 IMO, if the struggles then 1 and 2 is very possible as you all have said. I'm not as worried about the play of Dalton as much as I am about the O Line, and the defense. Who replaces Williams on the line?
December 15, 201114 yr Author ^Williams is old and washed-up. He was horrible this year. Whomever it is won't be any worse IMO.
December 15, 201114 yr ^Williams is old and washed-up. He was horrible this year. Whomever it is won't be any worse IMO. Don't disagree. There are not many that are targeting the O line as an area of concern. I am. If not upgraded next season, they will have problems.
December 15, 201114 yr Author ^Agreed. I did see the latest version of a mock draft that has the Bengals lucking into Trent Richardson with the 18th pick. Their reasoning was that the teams that really need a RB would all be picking too early in the draft to grab him. I'd be alright with that pick.
December 15, 201114 yr Don't disagree. There are not many that are targeting the O line as an area of concern. I am. If not upgraded next season, they will have problems. I honestly have never understood why Anthony Collins never gets a chance to be the true starter at tackle. Maybe he doesn't do well in practice, but seems like he always does well in games. I think moving Andre Smith to RG next year and Collins at RT would help out. Hopefully they can address it in the draft too.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.