December 13, 201114 yr Author FC, you didn't mention it in your post, but do you think the Bengals will end up 10-6?
December 13, 201114 yr As I mentioned before the season is not over now. I look at the Bengals and what the results have produced, and also just look at how they play. I look at how they matchup with other teams and how they will do against them. I do think the Bengals are a good team, and I do think they will end up at 10 and 6. Which if they get to 10 and 6 I don't know how people could say they are not a good team. Which 10 and 6 is not a guarntee to make the playoffs, because now they need a couple of teams to lose. However I do think if they get to 10 and 6 it will work out to where they make the playoffs. If they don't then I will agree that they were just an average team this year no more no less. The team that is 1-4 in the past 5 games, goes 3-0 to finish? OK
December 14, 201114 yr The team that is 1-4 in the past 5 games, goes 3-0 to finish? OK Well considering that a team that was 1 and 2 ended up winning 5 straight. A team that was 6 and 2 and then ended up going 1 and 4 after that. So it's not that hard to believe that they could easily turn it around again. Twice already this year they have done that, one time it was a good thing, the other time it was a bad thing. They have two very winnable games in St. Louis and Arizona. Arizona is playing better, and honestly hopefully Kolb is healthy and playing. Because I think their better with Skelton at QB. But with that game being in Cincy in the cold, I give the Bengals the edge in that one. So it then comes down to the Ravens game. Which will be a tough game, but it's a game that they do have a shot in. I think they will need to open it up early in that game and be aggressive. It doesn't matter that they struggled against teams with good records to that point, all it takes is one win sometimes to get it going. Which that one win against a very good team could be good enough to get them in the playoffs. I am just stating my opinion and backing up why I think that. If it doesn't happen I have no problem admitting I was wrong and will admit they were just an average team this year.
December 14, 201114 yr I was listening to Mike and Mike as they spoke about the Jets holding the wild card and the Bengals only beating one team with a winning record. I looked the Jets schedule up and they have beaten 1 team with a winning record which was Dallas in week 1 and Dallas is 7-6, just like the Titans 7-6 record the Bengals beat. It may come down to a three way tie and the Titans may get in with a better Conference record.
December 14, 201114 yr I was listening to Mike and Mike as they spoke about the Jets holding the wild card and the Bengals only beating one team with a winning record. I looked the Jets schedule up and they have beaten 1 team with a winning record which was Dallas in week 1 and Dallas is 7-6, just like the Titans 7-6 record the Bengals beat. It may come down to a three way tie and the Titans may get in with a better Conference record. The Titans have to win out for that to happen, which is possible. However I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts get their first win this week against them. They play all AFC teams from here on out, so one lost takes away their advantage in coference.
December 14, 201114 yr The Titans have to win out for that to happen, which is possible. However I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts get their first win this week against them. They play all AFC teams from here on out, so one lost takes away their advantage in coference. They have Indy, JAX and Houston who may be resting players. They have better odds to win out than the Bengal's, IMO. I think the Jets lose the next two so I think if the Bengals can win out, which won't be easy, then they will get the last spot. I just hope they win the next two so the last game means something.
December 14, 201114 yr They have Indy, JAX and Houston who may be resting players. They have better odds to win out than the Bengal's, IMO. I think the Jets lose the next two so I think if the Bengals can win out, which won't be easy, then they will get the last spot. I just hope they win the next two so the last game means something. The Houston game is a lot like the Ravens game for the Bengals. There is also that chance the Ravens might rest people for that game too. At the moment the Ravens and Texans are both trying to get home field, so I doubt either rest players.
December 14, 201114 yr Author ^No chance the Ravens are resting players IMO. They're not only shooting for home-field, unlike the Texans, they have a division to win. The North is most likely not going to be decided until that final weekend. Baltimore has @San Deigo, Cleveland, and @Cincinnati left. Pittsburgh has @San Francisco, St. Louis, & @Cleveland....Probably going to be tied going into the final week of the season, meaning Baltimore has to win to clinch. Tennessee has the best chance at finishing 10-6 out of any of the 3 teams competing for the final wildcard. The Jets will almost certainly lose one of the final three. The Bengals will be fortunate to still be alive going into week 17. Still way up in the air, but if I had to handicap the field, the Bengals are definitely in the worst position.
December 14, 201114 yr ^No chance the Ravens are resting players IMO. They're not only shooting for home-field, unlike the Texans, they have a division to win. The North is most likely not going to be decided until that final weekend. Baltimore has @San Deigo, Cleveland, and @Cincinnati left. Pittsburgh has @San Francisco, St. Louis, & @Cleveland....Probably going to be tied going into the final week of the season, meaning Baltimore has to win to clinch. Tennessee has the best chance at finishing 10-6 out of any of the 3 teams competing for the final wildcard. The Jets will almost certainly lose one of the final three. The Bengals will be fortunate to still be alive going into week 17. Still way up in the air, but if I had to handicap the field, the Bengals are definitely in the worst position. Why would the Bengals be fortunate going into the last week of the year? The Bengals have two very winnable games the next two weeks. Also as you mentioned the Jets probably will at least lose one game within the next two weeks. Baltimore may have the division wrapped up by the last weed of the year if they win the next two weeks and the Steelers lose one game. With Big Ben being banged up it makes the 49ers even harder for them. So a lot of things could happen. Honestly I don't see the Texans or Ravens resting people because both would be trying for homefield advantage. One good thing for the Bengals is that they should at least have AJ Green for that game, he didn't play the last time. On the other hand Rey Lewis may be back for them, however he may rest that week too just to be safe. So if the Bengals could to their part and win the next two games, then it should make for an exciting last week of the year. You would have the Bengals/Ravens, Jets/Dolphins, Titans, Texans, and Cowboys/Giants all playing that week with the playoffs on the line for each of them.
December 14, 201114 yr Author ^Because the Arizona team I've watched the past couple weeks is a better football team top to bottom than the Bengals. The Ravens have an equally difficult game this weekend @SD. I fully expect both to lose this weekend. Both have gimmies next weekend against Cleveland and St. Louis, which makes week 17 a must win for the division.
December 14, 201114 yr ^Because the Arizona team I've watched the past couple weeks is a better football team top to bottom than the Bengals. The Ravens have an equally difficult game this weekend @SD. I fully expect both to lose this weekend. Both have gimmies next weekend against Cleveland and St. Louis, which makes week 17 a must win for the division. Well first of all I am not sure why we are discussing this, because I even said in the initial post that I didn't think the Ravens would rest people. I don't think the Texans will either, was just stating that there is about the same amount of chance of the Ravens resting people as the Texans. Which is basically less than 5 percent chance it happens. As for the Cardinals I do not see a team that is better top to bottom, I see a team who I admit seems to be a lot like the Bengals. Both have a top WR, except Bengals have a better TE. Runningback play is the same, meaning it is inconsistent. On defense the Cardinals have played better defense the last few weeks, however its no where near the defenses the Bengals have seen for the last 5 weeks. So they are very similar, especially when Skelton is at QB. That is why I hope Kolb is healthy, they shown that they still will start him for some reason when he is healthy. With the game being in Cincy in cold weather, and meaning more to the Bengals I just think the Bengals win it. But I do admit it will be a tough game. However the Cardinals is the type of team the Bengals have beaten this year.
December 14, 201114 yr Author Cardinals win out and they still have a legit shot at the postseason as well...Cleveland, @Cincinnati, & Seattle....Not the most difficult looking task. That game will mean just as much to them as Cincy. Beanie Wells is a much better back than Ced as well IMO.
December 14, 201114 yr Cardinals win out and they still have a legit shot at the postseason as well...Cleveland, @Cincinnati, & Seattle....Not the most difficult looking task. That game will mean just as much to them as Cincy. Beanie Wells is a much better back than Ced as well IMO. Beanie has the potential to be, however he like Ced is inconsistent. However Wells has done better recently, the key is if he can keep it up and stay healthy too. I admit it will be a tough game, however the Cardinals are the type of team that the Bengals have done well against this year. So I just like their chances.
December 14, 201114 yr Anyone who thinks Arizona is a given is sorely mistaken. 1st up is St. Louis. who may look like a pushover, but I wouldn't take that game for granted either. I would lean a lot more towards 1-2 than 3-0 in the last 3 games.
December 14, 201114 yr Anyone who thinks Arizona is a given is sorely mistaken. 1st up is St. Louis. who may look like a pushover, but I wouldn't take that game for granted either. I would lean a lot more towards 1-2 than 3-0 in the last 3 games. Very much so. I think they will lose they way they are playing now.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.