Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texans 20 Bengals 19

Featured Replies

Shoulda put Yancey Gates on the goal line waiting for Walters.

 

LOL.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Houston also just clinched the AFC South with Tennessee losing to the Saints.

Did they really just give up 300 yards passing to the incomparable TJ Yates????

Without Johnson playing...ouch.

Going to be a tough day for all the Bengals fans out there who are also die hard UK basketball fans. 2 daggers at the buzzer, not a good way to end your weekend if you are a fan of both teams. Luckily for me I'm not a Bengals fan but I'm sure to be equally disappointed once the Cowboys come on later. :D

2nd smallest crowd ever at PBS. Playoffs are pretty much done now. I couldn't be happier that I gave up my tickets. Wake up Mikey!!

 

What you expect Mike to do? I mean they have put together a good young team together with a bright future, why would he change how he does things now?

What you expect Mike to do? I mean they have put together a good young team together with a bright future, why would he change how he does things now?

 

Put a winning team on the field consistently. Get a coach who can get his players do the right things. Hire a GM. Step down because he has no clue. Want me to go on? 1 year every now and then isn't good enough. He got lucky and fell into some players and Dalton has turned out awesome. The recent success is a matter of luck. Zim will be gone soon and this D will be even worse. Just get it over with and fire Marvin. not right now but at the end of the year. Bring someone in here to get over the hump. You can be happy with Marvin I guess if 8-8 and a playoff loss every so often is good enough for you.

At least now the Bengals can put to rest any talk of postseason....I'm saying 8-8 is what they finish. Better than expectations, but just a complete and utter collapse.

 

This lost sucks no doubt, but why does it put to rest any playoff talks? The Bengals have two very winnable games the next two games, which they have done well against teams they should beat. Then they will have at least one more shot to beat a good team to end the year at home against the Ravens. Who knows if the Ravens will be playing everyone at that point depending how things are. The Bengals have to win out, which means having to beat a good team. However this team can do that.

 

Tennessee already lost today, if Green Bay beats Oakland like they should. Then the Jets are the only team the Bengals have to worry about if the Bengals win out. The Jets have three tougher games to end the year than the Bengals. They have the Giants, the Eagles, and Miami to end the year. The Jets very well could lose 2 out of those last 3. Its definitely harder than what the Bengals have. The Bengals don't control their fate now, however it definitely is not impossible. Especially with how things set up. Today's win would have been huge though!

If you let a third string rookie quarterback from North Carolina lead a game-winning touchdown drive against you, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs. I also hate the prevent defense. When was the last time it prevented anything?

What you expect Mike to do? I mean they have put together a good young team together with a bright future, why would he change how he does things now?

 

I agree. I don't know that you can toss this loss in Brown's lap. The Bengals certainly seem headed in the right direction. What worries me is how Brown handles the mandate next year to spend up to the salary cap max.

Put a winning team on the field consistently. Get a coach who can get his players do the right things. Hire a GM. Step down because he has no clue. Want me to go on? 1 year every now and then isn't good enough. He got lucky and fell into some players and Dalton has turned out awesome. The recent success is a matter of luck. Zim will be gone soon and this D will be even worse.

 

I repeat once again he has now put a good young football team together, a team that should be better each year. So why do you think he will decide now to change things. Honestly why should he now at this point? He is already hard headed, so not like he is going to change things after putting together a good young team.

I'm not tossing the loss on him, I am talking about in general. There is a reason people aren't going to games. Bengals do just enough to lose the game. Same story different week, different year.

If you let a third string rookie quarterback from North Carolina lead a game-winning touchdown drive against you, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs. I also hate the prevent defense. When was the last time it prevented anything?

 

It didn't look like they were in a prevent at all. They were bringing blitzes and everything, but the Texans beat them with the same things that they did all day long. Which was passes to the TE's and runningbacks. The only time they really sat back was on that last play, if I remember correctly it looked liked they only rushed three on the last play.

I'm not tossing the loss on him, I am talking about in general. There is a reason people aren't going to games.

 

We have discussed this before, he is not the reason why they are not going to games. He might be for some people, but for most people he is not the reason. People gave up their season tickets because they were fed up with losing and thought this team would really suck this year. Season tickets determine stadiums selling out, and they lost so many season tickets that they won't really sell out. Just like next year they probably will sell out more games, because some people will start buying season tickets again because of the young talent even though he would still be the owner. If it still is nothing but blackouts next year too, then you will be right.

I'm not tossing the loss on him, I am talking about in general. There is a reason people aren't going to games.

 

They are not going to see an attendance bump until the year following a successful season. People want to be convinced first. But, to date anyways, I still think you have to say there have been some marked improvements and some cause to be hopeful looking forward. We really haven't even had that in the past few years.

They are not going to see an attendance bump until the year following a successful season. People want to be convinced first. But, to date anyways, I still think you have to say there have been some marked improvements and some cause to be hopeful looking forward. We really haven't even had that in the past few years.

Most by luck. His track record is proven. No reason to think the same improvements will keep happening with him making decisions.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.