Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana 73 Kentucky 72

Featured Replies

This was a prototypical upset. David and Goliath. The inferior, less athletic teams comes out and takes advantage of Goliath not being ready to play. Also, it doesn't help when David gets numerous breaks, and I'm not taking the easy way out of saying their breaks were officiating. I'm talking about shots that had no business going in, going in. Over and over. Players like Watford stepping up and playing like All-Americans.

 

This is false. Indiana is athletic and they are a very good team. It's not that Kentucky wasn't ready to play, it was the atmosphere. That first experience on the road is a big wake up call. Unfortunately, it was the sophomore All-American who seemed to be the most rattled.

 

On a bright note, Teague grew up in the second half, Vargas is playing 10 times better than last season, Lamb and Miller stepped up in a big way (minus Lamb's free throw miss) and Kidd-Gilchrist might have been the best player on the court.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep Cal sucks he can't coach a lick. :ohbrother:
Nobody has ever said he couldn't coach. He makes some real head scratching "in game" decisions...
Nobody has ever said he couldn't coach. He makes some real head scratching "in game" decisions...

 

You could say that about 99% of the time about any coach in a close loss.

UK gave away or lost 10 points in offensive falls depending on which way you look at it. At some point they have to find a way to defend 3 point shooting, sure some of them were horse shots but others were open 3's. A few losses will be good for this team regardless.

UK is still learning how to play the game. At this time, I'd take what the Cats have over anyone else out there. Ranked #1 with out being really consistent in any game so far this season, I'll take it. UK is far from peeking. The team at the end of the SEC season will make the current team look awful if everyone stays together and keeps working.

 

Teague will get better. Jones will be more consistent or he will continue to find himself on the bench. I think the post play off the bench will continue to get better. Davis will be much better two months from now. MKG will continue to do his thing. Lamb and Miller will also improve alot. I can't wait to see how much better the team gets this year.

Better they lose at this point in the season than much later. They'll be fine. Nothing to freak out about, IMO. It's almost impossible for a team to go undefeated from beginning to end. There are just way to many games, and sometimes, a team will overachieve, or a team will underestimate another.

UK probably would have benefitted from having already played a true away game. That was a real hornet's nest to throw the young kids into with no prior experience. As far as it being a monumental upset, Vegas didn't think so. Wasn't the line UK -4?

How many more buzzer beaters by guys named Christian will it take before UK learns to guard the inbounds pass?

 

When Calipari's teams win, it's the players. When they lose, it's the coach. I'm picking up on the pattern on here.

 

I'm not shocked or upset by the loss. They can expect that type of atmosphere every SEC road game this year.

 

I keep reading about how the loss will allow them to refocus. Veteran players need to refocus. You don't know how losing will affect 18 year olds. Some respond well while others go into a tailspin.

 

Jones had an off night but UK has enough talent to compensate.

 

Glad to see Teague be more assertive in the second half

Biggest in a decade? I guess that NAtional Championship finals game didn't mean anything?

 

Wasn't that the 2002 season? In terms of a season, it's been a decade.

Hit the FTs and it's over. If Davis is that much of a liabilty at the line, you have to get him out of the game in that situation. The problem I have with the winning shot is that no one was guarding 2. Miller had to come off his guy to try to get a hand in the shooters face and didn't quite get there. Someone had a letdown on that possesion.

Except for MKG, UK was intimidated by the crowd noise and the atmosphere of Assembly Hall. That place is as tough as it gets to come away with a win, simply a sea of red. Hopefully this game will better prepare them for some of the same treatment at Florida, Alabama, Vandy, etc. They'll be okay.

This is false. Indiana is athletic and they are a very good team. It's not that Kentucky wasn't ready to play, it was the atmosphere. That first experience on the road is a big wake up call. Unfortunately, it was the sophomore All-American who seemed to be the most rattled.

 

On a bright note, Teague grew up in the second half, Vargas is playing 10 times better than last season, Lamb and Miller stepped up in a big way (minus Lamb's free throw miss) and Kidd-Gilchrist might have been the best player on the court.

 

I agree that Indiana is athletic and a good team. But you can't say they're anywhere near UK's athleticism or talent level.

You could say that about 99% of the time about any coach in a close loss.

 

That's true.

I keep reading about how the loss will allow them to refocus. Veteran players need to refocus. You don't know how losing will affect 18 year olds. Some respond well while others go into a tailspin.

 

Very good point. Last year's team really struggled with this, but thankfully was able to regroup & make a memorable run at the right time.

 

I'm thinking these freshmen will be okay. I don't see MKG being fazed by much of anything. Davis' problem is learning how to defend in the post, rather than simply rely on this shot-blocking ability. Teague I'm still confused with, though I was elated he had the second half he had. Wiltjer not getting nearly the minutes I thought he would.

Cats are not the same team when Davis is not on the floor. Personally I think if he doesn't get in foul trouble, we win by 8 or so. MKG best game of the year. Teague best half he's played, now need a total game. Lamb was shooting well so he took it to the rack, glad to see that. Miller solid. Vargas played much better. Jones went from SEC player of the week to SEC flop of the week.

 

I looked outside, and the sky is not falling.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.