Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana 73 Kentucky 72

Featured Replies

The thing that is surprising to me, is that you all are shocked that UK lost in a potential "W" had there been some more in game coaching.....I would venture most of Cal's losses the last 4-5 years, could have been avoided had he made the necessary adjustments, in game, to manufacture a win, when his team was being out played. That, IMO, is what separates great coaches from great recruiters....

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On another topic, WHY is UK SOOOO bad guarding the 3? Do they just not pick guys up far enough out?
Haven't they been for years tough?
The thing that is surprising to me, is that you all are shocked that UK lost in a potential "W" had there been some more in game coaching.....I would venture most of Cal's losses the last 4-5 years, could have been avoided had he made the necessary adjustments, in game, to manufacture a win, when his team was being out played. That, IMO, is what separates great coaches from great recruiters....

 

Free throws aren't in-game coaching. That's out-of-game coaching.

^ What about defending off the ball? How about the wide open 3?

Free throws aren't in-game coaching. That's out-of-game coaching.
...and it's all coaching.
^ What about defending off the ball? How about the wide open 3?

 

What about taking three schools to a Final Four?

^ Last I checked, just one. Thanks for playing.

^ Last I checked, just one. Thanks for playing.

 

Such a weak argument. Is that really the best you can do? Seriously?

Whether the banners still hang or not, has nothing to do with his coaching ability. The fact is, his coaching and recruiting took three teams to the final four, that is a fact that cannot be argued.

Whether the banners still hang or not, has nothing to do with his coaching ability. The fact is, his coaching and recruiting took three teams to the final four, that is a fact that cannot be argued.

 

Correct.

Yes, and Teague even commented that Cal told them to foul during the time out prior to Lamb's free throw.

 

Maybe Cal needs to get a little more forceful in his decisions in timeouts late in the game. Made the same mistake at Memphis when they lost to Kansas. Said he told them to foul and they didnt, cost him a national title.

I see some of you are bashing Calipari and the Wildcats. I just got in from the game and let me say this: I've watched a heck of a lot of basketball and tonight was by far the toughest road environment I have ever witnessed.

 

I'm stunned that UK was good enough to have an opportunity to win the game. I'm dumbfounded by that crowd tonight. I didn't hear a single word said by the PA guy...couldn't even hear the ref's whistles. If you were there, you know what I'm talking about. If not, you definitely placing blame in the wrong areas.

The thing that is surprising to me, is that you all are shocked that UK lost in a potential "W" had there been some more in game coaching.....I would venture most of Cal's losses the last 4-5 years, could have been avoided had he made the necessary adjustments, in game, to manufacture a win, when his team was being out played. That, IMO, is what separates great coaches from great recruiters....

 

 

I would counter that Cal has made some great coaching moves. In fact, his coaching got UK back into the game. Putting Jones on the bench took guts IMO and was the smart move to make. As bad as Jones was playing, there still are very few coaches that would have kept him on the bench like Cal did. Same with sitting Teague to start the second half. The offensive play calling by Cal was excellent in the second half. In fact, I believe I saw a stats that UK shot 55% for the game and I credit Cal for a lot of that. Changing the offense up and getting Teague to the rim is a big part of why UK even had a chance to win at the end. Cal told the guys to foul at the end and they didn't so you can't blame him for that one. I would have done it differently at the end by having my guys set up in a press to get them totally focused on committing the foul, but if Cal told them to foul and they didn't, what can you say? In fact, watch Miller at the very end. He even pulls his hands back like he wanted to make sure no foul was called. I would like to hear what Miller was thinking there.

 

The game versus North Carolina, Calipari won that game when he changed the defense at the 8 minute mark and started doubling down on Zeller. By the 4 minute mark UK was leading and on their way to victory. I think people who take shots at Cal's coaching believe what they want to believe and don't watch him coach.

This loss means close to nothing. As for the people that only comment on UK threads when they lose, you're pathetic.

Here, just watch this:

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.