Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana 73 Kentucky 72

Featured Replies

Heck, this was 30 minutes BEFORE the game:

 

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing that is surprising to me, is that you all are shocked that UK lost in a potential "W" had there been some more in game coaching.....I would venture most of Cal's losses the last 4-5 years, could have been avoided had he made the necessary adjustments, in game, to manufacture a win, when his team was being out played. That, IMO, is what separates great coaches from great recruiters....

Yep Cal sucks he can't coach a lick. :ohbrother:

Calipari instructed his team to foul on that last play. Teague tried to foul but the official didn't call it. The IU player said in the postgame that Teague fouled him but there was no whistle so he dished to Watford...

^ Teague didn't hustle back up floor fast enough. If he is hustles up floor, that last 3 doesn't happen.

 

I just saw the clip again on Sportscenter and Miller didn't pull back like I originally thought but he made no effort to foul as Calipari wanted. Just inexcusable for there to be no foul there.

Someone made the comment today that this was Indiana's biggest game in a decade while it was Kentucky's biggest game in a week. That made for a great atmosphere and everything that is great about college basketball, regardless of outcome.

This was one of the best basketball experiences ever for me. I have literally never seen anything like it. I'm still confused...

This was one of the best basketball experiences ever for me. I have literally never seen anything like it. I'm still confused...

 

:lol: Confused about what?

:lol: Confused about what?

 

How the crowd was that wild, that loud, that intimidating for the full 40 minutes. I've never seen anything like it.

How the crowd was that wild, that loud, that intimidating for the full 40 minutes. I've never seen anything like it.

 

OK, gotcha. That was how many years of pent up frustration all let loose at once?

OK, gotcha. That was how many years of pent up frustration all let loose at once?

 

LOL, I don't know but they brought the heat tonight.

This was a prototypical upset. David and Goliath. The inferior, less athletic teams comes out and takes advantage of Goliath not being ready to play. Also, it doesn't help when David gets numerous breaks, and I'm not taking the easy way out of saying their breaks were officiating. I'm talking about shots that had no business going in, going in. Over and over. Players like Watford stepping up and playing like All-Americans.

 

This game was lost long before the buzzer-beating three. I never felt that UK would win this game. They didn't deserve to. If UK and Indiana play ten times, I truly believe UK wins 9 of them. However, Indiana was the better team on December 10th, 2011. On December 9th and 11th, I bet UK wins. Indiana was simply better today. And how about those IU fans? Second only to UK's fan base IMO. They brought it for 40 minutes tonight.

 

This isn't the end of the world, and let's not make us, as BBN, look more crazy than we're already perceived. Let's stop with the criticism of Coach Cal. UK was not going undefeated. I never thought this would be the game they would lose, but I'll take a loss to them over a loss to North Carolina or Louisville any day. The sun will still rise tomorrow, and UK has two weeks to work the kinks out and play a few easier games before taking on a very talented Louisville team.

Very good win for the Hoosiers. I know that things have been tough for Crean in Bloomington over the past couple of seasons, but I figured the team was on the way to making a lot of improvement and they showed it yesterday as well as in other games they have played so far.

 

The Cats will be fine and they will learn a lot from this one as a team.

The last 5.6 seconds were misplayed by UK. In that situation, I think the strategy is:

 

1. Soft press. Let them get it in bounds and let them start bringing it up court.

2. Once the ball clears the hash before midcourt, you foul and you make sure the foul is called.

3. Repeat on the inbounds from the side following the foul - pressure but let them in bounds it into backcourt and then foul again.

 

I agree that Teague made an attempt at a foul just as they crossed mid court but it was a weak one. On the other hand Miller actually withdrew from contact trying to avoid getting a foul call on the passer to the 3 point shooter. Bad play by Miller. The way he played it makes me think Cal did not tell them to make sure they commit a foul. Was this discussed by Cal post game?

 

Good sequence, but let's start this all with a TO after Lamb's made FT. How about that?

This loss means close to nothing. As for the people that only comment on UK threads when they lose, you're pathetic.

 

 

:thumb: :thumb:

Someone made the comment today that this was Indiana's biggest game in a decade while it was Kentucky's biggest game in a week. That made for a great atmosphere and everything that is great about college basketball, regardless of outcome.
Biggest in a decade? I guess that NAtional Championship finals game didn't mean anything?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.