Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana 73 Kentucky 72

Featured Replies

I hate to see the Cats lose, but I've been saying ever since Crean got hired that I really hoped IU got back on track. This used to be a pretty solid rivalry and I think now we are getting back to that again.

 

Thankfully I was at a Christmas party and missed all but the last 8 minutes of this game. I think I would have had a sick feeling in my stomach for a lot longer. I just wish they had a solid opponent between now and UL. That's too long for me to wait lol.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kinda like storming the field after beating the Vols...?

 

If we're comfortable putting IU hoops and UK football in the same stratosphere...

Wow, I watched the game but that arena erupts.

 

Like someone else said, it been a long road for IU. Congrats to them, they earned it. This rivalry needs more conviction.

 

IMO, these 2 teams on a nuetral floor, game not even close.

 

I bet 3rd Steet in Bloomington was crazy!

 

That was a movie script ending. It all happened in a split second it seemed. Three goes in and withing a blink the court is covered with fans. Pretty cool. I'd have enjoyed it more if UK weren't on the losing end of it.

Haven't read the thread, don't plan on doing so, just wanted to say Congrats to IU, it's been a long road coming back, and this rivalry is definitely more fun and entertaining when both teams are relevant. Very happy for Crean, he seems to do things the right way.

 

Can't win them all, and I honestly am not all that upset with the loss even as a big UK fan. Young team, extremely hostile environment, it's going to happen. Important thing is for the young guys to use it as a learning experience and improve, which I think they will.

 

Really not sure what's going on with TJ, hopefully he can figure it out soon though.

Haven't read the thread, don't plan on doing so, just wanted to say Congrats to IU, it's been a long road coming back, and this rivalry is definitely more fun and entertaining when both teams are relevant. Very happy for Crean, he seems to do things the right way.

 

Can't win them all, and I honestly am not all that upset with the loss even as a big UK fan. Young team, extremely hostile environment, it's going to happen. Important thing is for the young guys to use it as a learning experience and improve, which I think they will.

 

Really not sure what's going on with TJ, hopefully he can figure it out soon though.

 

100% agree on all points.

I am glad to see this game being played on each team's home court now. I think many forget we went a long time with this game being played at the Hoosier Dome and Freedom Hall.

TJ is the most maddening player in my whole time of watching UK play. He's got a million dollar body, but his mind just doesn't seem right. Even when he's playing well, it looks like there is nobody home. I hope for his sake that he was sick.

 

W/out illness, there is no excuse for the lack of desire he showed on Saturday.

Jones quit, plain and simple.

TJ is the most maddening player in my whole time of watching UK play. He's got a million dollar body, but his mind just doesn't seem right. Even when he's playing well, it looks like there is nobody home. I hope for his sake that he was sick.

 

W/out illness, there is no excuse for the lack of desire he showed on Saturday.

 

Believe me that's just him being him.

 

Guy is completely clueless as to how the world works.

 

From most of the stories I've heard, common sense is not his strong suit, and there's a good chance he'd make Chris Johnson look like an academic all-american. :lol:

It's taken two monumental efforts to almost beat and beat this young outstanding UK team. They have no where to go but to continue to keep improving. This team will be battle tested and very prepared for March. That's really all that matters in the big picture.

The thing that is surprising to me, is that you all are shocked that UK lost in a potential "W" had there been some more in game coaching.....I would venture most of Cal's losses the last 4-5 years, could have been avoided had he made the necessary adjustments, in game, to manufacture a win, when his team was being out played. That, IMO, is what separates great coaches from great recruiters....

 

I had no problem with the bench coaching in this game, actually though Cal did a very good job in keeping UK in it. I guess haters will hate though......

I have my "The Assembly Hall Experience: My First Trip to Bloomington" article up on my site. I can't link it because it includes some videos and thoughts on how the IU fans acted but just wanted to let you guys know. Hope you enjoy!

The thing that is surprising to me, is that you all are shocked that UK lost in a potential "W" had there been some more in game coaching.....I would venture most of Cal's losses the last 4-5 years, could have been avoided had he made the necessary adjustments, in game, to manufacture a win, when his team was being out played. That, IMO, is what separates great coaches from great recruiters....

 

Not sure what more coaching Calipari could have done, maybe he should have ran out on the floor and fouled an IU player on his own. His team was in a position to win because of his coaching, but in the final seconds his team didn't execute by missing free throws and not fouling when they were instructed too. With fouls to give, I wouldnt' necessarily want a player on the man inbounding the ball because it is another players who should be able to foul the ball handler since they had fouls to give.

 

Calipari is a good in-game coach and a great recruiter. Those who don't believe that are simply people who are looking to hate on Calipari. Seems like every other game one of the commentators, even those from ESPN, are commenting on how he doesn't get enough credit for his in-game coaching and how he's much more than just a recruiter.

Despite the fact it is UK that lost this video of different reactions by IU is pretty cool.

 

Calipari is a good in-game coach and a great recruiter. Those who don't believe that are simply people who are looking to hate on Calipari. Seems like every other game one of the commentators, even those from ESPN, are commenting on how he doesn't get enough credit for his in-game coaching and how he's much more than just a recruiter.
It's true, that I am not a Calipari fan.....but, I feel he is not one of the better in game coaches around. Sure he may be Top 25....but that's not much when you're talking about elite coaches. That being said, IMO, he's the best recruiter there's ever been.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.