Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana 73 Kentucky 72

Featured Replies

I agree that Indiana is athletic and a good team. But you can't say they're anywhere near UK's athleticism or talent level.

 

I didn't say that they were near Kentucky in those regards but it's not as if they just a bunch of slums from the local city league. Oladigo (?) is just as athletic as any player in the nation.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still confused, check this out:

 

You aren't confused. You just go to Rupp Arena too much and aren't used to a hostile environment

You aren't confused. You just go to Rupp Arena too much and aren't used to a hostile environment

 

:thumb:

You aren't confused. You just go to Rupp Arena too much and aren't used to a hostile environment

 

Haha, that's what the general consensus was on media row last night :thumb:

 

The Indiana players did admit that they've never had a crowd like the one yesterday. It was hostile plus a little something extra...

Sorry, but I kind of have to toot my own horn here. I predicted the outcome of this game in front of a buddy who is a big time UK fan. He was all jazzed up when UK got the turnover and was fouled with five seconds to go. I said something like "Here is what's going to happen. He's going to miss the first freethrow, make the second, and Indiana is going to go down and hit a three at the buzzer." Game played out exactly like I said. I thought he was going to smack me. Anyways, I was actually pulling for the Cats in hopes that the planets would align correctly and the UK/UofL game would be a #1 vs. #2 thing. If I were a UK fan I wouldn't be worried much with the loss. It was bound to happen at some point, and they are clearly one of the best teams in the country. New Years should be pretty fun, and hopefully both UofL and UK are in the top five still. That would be great for the state.

Biggest in a decade? I guess that NAtional Championship finals game didn't mean anything?
That was 2002 so close enough to a decade. :cool:
OK, gotcha. That was how many years of pent up frustration all let loose at once?

Kinda like storming the field after beating the Vols...?

^ IU had every reason to storm the court. It's not something I would have done as a UK fan in a similar spot, but it's an exciting time for them.

I'm OK with storming the court in that situation... Yes, IU has a history but most of the students weren't even alive the last time they won a national championship. It's not quite as familiar to them.

 

Plus it was a buzzer beater 3 over a historic rival who also just happened to be the #1 team in the country. I understand getting caught up in the moment in that situation.

^ IU had every reason to storm the court. It's not something I would have done as a UK fan in a similar spot, but it's an exciting time for them.

 

I could have told you at 2:30 p.m. ET yesterday that IU was storming the court if they won the game. There was no question.

Cats are not the same team when Davis is not on the floor. Personally I think if he doesn't get in foul trouble, we win by 8 or so. MKG best game of the year. Teague best half he's played, now need a total game. Lamb was shooting well so he took it to the rack, glad to see that. Miller solid. Vargas played much better. Jones went from SEC player of the week to SEC flop of the week.

 

I looked outside, and the sky is not falling.

 

But it freaking cold out there!

Nobody has ever said he couldn't coach. He makes some real head scratching "in game" decisions...

 

He makes many more excellent in game decisions that he doesn't get credit for. For example, as I said earlier in the thread, in the UNC game without a doubt the move of the game was Cal changing up his defense with 8 minutes to go and doubling down on Zeller. Over the next 4 minutes UK stormed into the lead and took control of the game while the great Roy Williams sat there and watched the game go by him. How about Cal's offensive adjustment spreading the floor and getting Teague into one on one's where he abused Indiana? Cal makes a lot of good moves that he doesn't get credit for.

Anyone who is saying that Calipari made coaching mistakes against IU is off base, IMO.

Here, just watch this:

 

 

Wow, I watched the game but that arena erupts.

 

Like someone else said, it been a long road for IU. Congrats to them, they earned it. This rivalry needs more conviction.

 

IMO, these 2 teams on a nuetral floor, game not even close.

 

I bet 3rd Steet in Bloomington was crazy!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.