Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana 73 Kentucky 72

Featured Replies

Sorry for Cats fans. But my new co-workers will be on cloud 9 tonight. Already talked to one who was at the game. He is, simply put, speechless.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it seems pretty clear that Syracuse will be #1 on Monday. In the Coaches poll, I expect Louisville to be #2, with an outside shot at doing the same in the AP (they're currently behind UNC - for some reason). But then we reach a bit of an interesting point. Does OSU fall only to #3 given they were without Sullinger? Does UK land at #3, barely dropping in the same way UNC did when they lost on the road to UNLV? Does UNC somehow suffer two losses (including one to UK) and end up above them?

 

Ohio State shouldn't fall very far, considering they lost without their best player. I'd probably rank it: 1) Syracuse 2) UL 3) Ohio State 4) Kentucky

Jones didn't seem to have his head in the game today. Wonder what was up with him?

 

Yep. He killed them. Doesn't sound right, but I'm hoping he was sick.

Yep. He killed them. Doesn't sound right, but I'm hoping he was sick.

 

The way Cal was on him all game long, I doubt sickness was involved. Chalk it up to Jones being the immature, bad attitude ridden kid he sometimes can be.

Cal was calling to foul, players may not have heard him but still no excuse. T.V. guys said that Lamb tried, I didn't notice it.

 

1. Post defense was non existant.

2. I thought that Cal outcoached Crean, players just didn't execute. U.K. played hard, with one very obvious exception. more later3. Teague stepped up in the 2nd half, Lamb and Kid Gilchrist kept the Cats in the game.

4. 1st true road game in a very hostile;fired up enviroment for this team with a couple of exceptions, one being the same guy mentioned above.

 

5. AND NOW for the "to be named later".........WHERE WAS T. JONES???? IF nothing was wrong with him, other than being Mr. "I'm an all american, I don't need to play" superstar the he should have been benched and for the next one as well.

The snake oil salesman has a little explaining to do.

Teague looked much better today, especially in the 2nd half. Not surprised by the loss. Cal's teams usually get better defending the 3 as the season progresses. It seems they always struggle at the beginning of the year.

I don't know if they do stats like this, but I'd like to see the score of the game with Davis on the floor vs. Davis not on the floor. His presence/absence was huge for both teams.

This should be a very "interesting" week of practice with no game untill Saturday. Hopefully some things and one certain attitude along with others will be worked out.

This game meant pride and bragging rights, I never want to or am happy with a loss, never. I would hope that they can learn from this (that they can be beaten) and won't run into this in conference play or March.

In the long run this game will go along way to this team improving.

 

I actually think if they would have won the game it would not be positive in the long run. Because it would build a believe into the team that they can coast or not be focused for the whole game, and then suddenly turn on the switch and win.

I don't think you can leave out Millers play in the second half. He in the first half like Teague played poorly, but both in the second half played really well and made big shots to get them in position to have a chance to win.

 

Miller did play pretty well the second half, but never really stepped up this game the way a senior should. He didn't seem to ever really rally the troops or try to get them to play inspired. No one did really, I guess thats one of the reasons they lost. Just total lack of inspired play.

I don't know if they do stats like this, but I'd like to see the score of the game with Davis on the floor vs. Davis not on the floor. His presence/absence was huge for both teams.

 

Every time Kentucky made a surge Davis was on the floor. Every time Indiana started to pull away Davis was on the bench.

The snake oil salesman has a little explaining to do.

Should you be talking about Calpari I disagree. Only explanaion for this one was we got beat, outplayed most of the game. I certainly don't think it was coaching.

 

Teague looked much better today, especially in the 2nd half. Not surprised by the loss. Cal's teams usually get better defending the 3 as the season progresses. It seems they always struggle at the beginning of the year.
Agreed.
In the long run this game will go along way to this team improving.

 

I actually think if they would have won the game it would not be positive in the long run. Because it would build a believe into the team that they can coast or not be focused for the whole game, and then suddenly turn on the switch and win.

I understand what you are saying and why, that could be right. Alot of people agree wih you that. I am just one that believes a loss never helps.

I have a question... I realize Calipari has an unreal amount of talent on this year's team, but does he have any players who can effectively shoot the ball? It seems like it may be difficult to win a title if no one on the team can shoot well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.