December 11, 201114 yr T. JOnes will be back for his Jr. and Sr. seasons. If I was Coach Cal I would have made him stay out and watch that celebration. Your stud can't put up a performance like that. Disagree on first sentence. Pretty good idea on the second sentence. Couldn't agree more on third sentence.
December 11, 201114 yr IU tried to foul a couple of times before Davis got the ball. They were trying to steal the ball more than they were trying to foul at that point, and were doing a good job at it. UK had to get the ball passed half court or else there would have been a 10 second violation.
December 11, 201114 yr Author Sorry fellas. Tough to lose one like that. Amazingly, I feel nothing. I certainly didn't want UK to lose, but I don't think it's the worst thing in the world either. Clearly, UK has to work on perimeter defense. Both North Carolina and Indiana destroyed them from the three point line. Defense has been stellar in other games and everywhere else on the floor, but they are very vulnerable to teams that get hot when they're getting so many open looks. Jones was exposed as someone that needs a huge gut check.
December 11, 201114 yr We had not seen the Jones from last year until this game. So lets not act like this is an everytime thing with him, last year it happened a lot. This is the first time this year, and hopefully it will be the only time. Sitting out the final 6 minutes of a game especially in crunch time hopefully will get him back on the right track again. He went back in for one IU posession and allowed his man to shoot a layup to get the lead back, then was immediately pulled again. UK played much better when he was on the bench.
December 11, 201114 yr Author They were trying to steal the ball more than they were trying to foul at that point, and were doing a good job at it. UK had to get the ball passed half court or else there would have been a 10 second violation. They had about 3 seconds to get it across. MKG was right in front of Davis. Davis needs to know that if it becomes a necessity that he have the ball that he has to get rid of it at the first opportunity.
December 11, 201114 yr Amazingly, I feel nothing. I certainly didn't want UK to lose, but I don't think it's the worst thing in the world either. Clearly, UK has to work on perimeter defense. Both North Carolina and Indiana destroyed them from the three point line. Defense has been stellar in other games and everywhere else on the floor, but they are very vulnerable to teams that get hot when they're getting so many open looks. Jones was exposed as someone that needs a huge gut check. IU spread the floor more in the 2nd half. Watford & #4 opened up the perimeter with penetration. But yes, this is something UK needs to work on.
December 11, 201114 yr Hate to lose to IU, but glad to see the rivalry might be on its way back. One of those games. They always happen, but you never know when.
December 11, 201114 yr Amazingly, I feel nothing. I certainly didn't want UK to lose, but I don't think it's the worst thing in the world either. I feel the same way... Usually after a loss I'm pretty ticked -- Or as mad as I would actually let sports get me. With this one, I had an initial "Crap!" moment and then I was over it immediately.
December 11, 201114 yr UK played horrible. Whatever it happens. They played like they have all year. They gave up the three ball, and they played with no offensive identity as they have all year long, it was all one on one stuff. They have won the other games simply because of talent and being better. They are better than Indiana, however you can't rely just on talent if you are going to win true road games. Until they are able to establish a true offensive identity, they are going to struggle on the road. This is the most talented team in the country, and that alone will win most games for them. However at this point they don't play that well together, especially on offense. It will get better as the year goes on, however until that happens we will see a lot of tough games on the road.
December 11, 201114 yr Hate to lose to IU, but glad to see the rivalry might be on its way back. One of those games. They always happen, but you never know when. Yep. Just as North Carolina won't have to beat us again @ Rupp this year, neither will we have to beat IU again in Assembly Hall.
December 11, 201114 yr They had about 3 seconds to get it across. MKG was right in front of Davis. Davis needs to know that if it becomes a necessity that he have the ball that he has to get rid of it at the first opportunity. It's the heat of the moment, crowd is going crazy, end of the game and their internal clock probably is telling them we need to get the ball pass half court. So at that point they are just trying to get it across half court, you don't take time to decide who to throw to. It's easy when we see it on tv when we are not guarded by anyone. So I don't fault them for that one, however the other stuff I agree with. Lamb needs to make his FT's and they have to foul there at the end.
December 11, 201114 yr Author So it seems pretty clear that Syracuse will be #1 on Monday. In the Coaches poll, I expect Louisville to be #2, with an outside shot at doing the same in the AP (they're currently behind UNC - for some reason). But then we reach a bit of an interesting point. Does OSU fall only to #3 given they were without Sullinger? Does UK land at #3, barely dropping in the same way UNC did when they lost on the road to UNLV? Does UNC somehow suffer two losses (including one to UK) and end up above them?
December 11, 201114 yr Jones didn't seem to have his head in the game today. Wonder what was up with him?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.