Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ravens 31 Bengals 24

Featured Replies

That rule has to change...That should be a td all day long..The rule makes no sense...

 

I hate that rule but they got it correct. They just made the same call to take a TD away from the Bears. Terrible rule.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All three picks today was when he was throwing to Caldwell. A lot of his picks this year have came actually when he was trying to throw to Caldwell.

 

Are you sure on #2? I thought it was 89.

Are you sure on #2? I thought it was 89.

 

I am pretty sure, I could be wrong. However I remember thinking at that time again how it was another pick that was thrown Caldwell's way. Not to mention Simpson basically lined up on the left all game, while Caldwell was on the right where the pick happened.

Are you sure on #2? I thought it was 89.

 

You're right. Watched it again. My question stands.

You're right. Watched it again. My question stands.

 

I think it was suppose to be a slant, and Caldwel decided to shut his route down and sit down. Obviously Dalton thought he was going to keep going. As you mentioned we probably will never know on that. However I will just say it is Caldwell's fault, only because the majority of Dalton's picks have came when throwing to him.

Chris Crocker killed the Bengals today.

 

Agreed. What in the heck was he doing on that TD down the middle to Torie Smith.

I think it was suppose to be a slant, and Caldwel decided to shut his route down and sit down. Obviously Dalton thought he was going to keep going. As you mentioned we probably will never know on that. However I will just say it is Caldwell's fault, only because the majority of Dalton's picks have came when throwing to him.

 

Yeah let's just go with you blaming him. Sounds good.

Yeah let's just go with you blaming him. Sounds good.

 

It wasn't a great effort by Caldwell on that one, thats for sure.

Costly turnovers changed the outcome of the game. Bengals are looking good or the future but still growing pains.

It wasn't a great effort by Caldwell on that one, thats for sure.

 

Route got jumped. Dalton is best on slants. We can spin this however we want. He threw 3 picks. Green is his only playmaker. They win the game with Green IMO, but that's how it goes.

The former VP of Officiating for the NFL says he thought the catch was completed and that it should have stayed a TD.

I think it was suppose to be a slant, and Caldwel decided to shut his route down and sit down. Obviously Dalton thought he was going to keep going. As you mentioned we probably will never know on that. However I will just say it is Caldwell's fault, only because the majority of Dalton's picks have came when throwing to him.

 

If the majority of Dalton's picks happen when he throws the ball to Caldwell and they are Caldwell's fault for running poor routes isn't it just as much Dalton's fault for continuing to throw to him. More importantly, since you said most of Palmer's picks were the receivers fault last season, who is coaching these receivers? Why do they still have a job.... Maybe they should just get rid of the receivers and use all tight ends and backs. Bengal quarterbacks would never throw a pick that way.

If the majority of Dalton's picks happen when he throws the ball to Caldwell and they are Caldwell's fault for running poor routes isn't it just as much Dalton's fault for continuing to throw to him. More importantly, since you said most of Palmer's picks were the receivers fault last season, who is coaching these receivers? Why do they still have a job.... Maybe they should just get rid of the receivers and use all tight ends and backs. Bengal quarterbacks would never throw a pick that way.

 

Well they actually have a new receiver coach this year. Also most of the picks have came while throwing to Caldwell, it could be pure coincidence. Or it could be just that his receivers were not finishing routes. Remember does not seem to be as much miscommunication between the other receivers and Dalton. Also Dalton probably knows the offense better than everyone on offense. So if picks keep happening when throwing to Caldwell I will say a lot is on him. We have seen him not fight enough for ball, stop routes, and balls just bouncing off his hands.

 

To answer your question about why he keeps throwing to him, well as a QB you have to trust your receivers.

Yeah let's just go with you blaming him. Sounds good.

 

Route got jumped. Dalton is best on slants. We can spin this however we want. He threw 3 picks. Green is his only playmaker. They win the game with Green IMO, but that's how it goes.

 

I call them as I see them. Just like I had no problem saying the receivers last year was a problem for some of the picks Palmer threw. Maybe it was all on Dalton on this one. However I do know this if Caldwell does not shut his route down and runs his slant it does not get picked. It may not be completed but Caldwell would have at least been between the defender and the ball.

 

As for play makers I believe Simpson has had now three 100 yard receiving games this year. So he is another playmaker he has. Honestly not having Green may help Dalton in the end. Because he did have a habit of focusing to much on Green, now he knows he does have other players he can trust to make plays.

If you tweet follow @MikePereira. He is the VP of Officiating I referenced before. He answers a lot of rules questions.

 

I was wrong about there being a requirement to bring the runner down before you can call it a horse collar.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.