Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ravens 31 Bengals 24

Featured Replies

Bengals battle back in the 4th being 17 down with a chance to tie under a minute to go...

 

The only way this team has a chance is if they fix the secondary.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Default

 

MikePereira Mike Pereira

 

Former Vice President of Officiating in the National Football League. Current Rules Analyst at FOX Sports. Referee of Twitters 18th officiating crew

 

In Cin/Bal - that's not a horse collar, it doesn't apply to the QB in the pocket.

 

 

Makes perfect sense. You can't do anything to a QB like you can to other plays but you can horse collar a QB and not anyone else

 

 

And the absurd completing the catch rule. Unreal.

Bengals battle back in the 4th being 17 down with a chance to tie under a minute to go...

 

The only way this team has a chance is if they fix the secondary.

 

The secondary was looking to improve once Jones returned, but then Hall got hurt.

  • Author
Default

 

MikePereira Mike Pereira

 

Former Vice President of Officiating in the National Football League. Current Rules Analyst at FOX Sports. Referee of Twitters 18th officiating crew

 

In Cin/Bal - that's not a horse collar, it doesn't apply to the QB in the pocket.

 

 

Makes perfect sense.

 

It's ok to break the QBs neck as long you don't give them a concussion...:confused:

The ups and downs of having a rookie QB. He made some rookie mistakes, but he also made some AMAZING throws. I thought we were going to see a repeat of what Carson Palmer did against the Ravens his rookie year with a huge 4th quarter comeback.

 

I like our chances when we see them again. Another good thing to come out of this is Jerome Simpson. Dalton this year did seem to focus on Green a lot. I think Simpson might have earned his trust more today, to know that he really spread the ball around even more when Green is healthy.

  • Author
The secondary was looking to improve once Jones returned, but then Hall got hurt.

Either way the problem has to get fixed...

SSC you really need to stop with the weak arm stuff of Dalton, and the stuff you say about Gruden that I noticed in the update thread. Yes Dalton doesn't have as strong of an arm as some other QB's in the league, however he is also is no Chad Pennington either with the weak arm he had. Dalton can fire it in there, and can throw the deep ball too. Yes he missed a few today, but everyone misses them sometimes.

 

As for Gruden his playcalling that you talked about put up around 500 yards today. There was also some creativeness to it, something we haven't seen in A LONG time. Yes the throwback to the QB didn't work, but it was nice to see them actually being creative for a change. Yes there will be times when Dalton will mess up cause he is a rookie, and will be times when Gruden might call a bad play. However we have two really good guys in them two, and just imagine how much better they will be with an off season together. Your almost getting as bad with the complaining of them as people were when they complained about Palmer.

  • Author
The ups and downs of having a rookie QB. He made some rookie mistakes, but he also made some AMAZING throws. I thought we were going to see a repeat of what Carson Palmer did against the Ravens his rookie year with a huge 4th quarter comeback.

 

I like our chances when we see them again. Another good thing to come out of this is Jerome Simpson. Dalton this year did seem to focus on Green a lot. I think Simpson might have earned his trust more today, to know that he really spread the

ball around even more when Green is healthy.

 

I have seen many veterans make the same mistakes Andy made and not battle back the way he did.Even though they lost this game I am still loving this team!If the defense takes care of the third and longs they will make the playoffs...

Either way the problem has to get fixed...

 

Agreed. However I do think the secondary is not as bad as people think. Remember I believe 17 points came off of Bengal turnovers today. Yes they gave up a few big pass plays. However overall they didn't do to bad, and if it weren't for the turnovers then the defense did play well enough.

I have seen many veterans make the same mistakes Andy made and not battle back the way he did.Even though they lost this game I am still loving this team!If the defense takes care of the third and longs they will make the playoffs...

 

I agree people before this two game stretch said if we lost both we could kiss the season good bye. I tried to say we could still be alright even if we lose them both. As long as we don't lose a game that were not suppose to, I think we will make the playoffs because I think we will get a win or two against the Steelers, Ravens, or Texans.

Did the NFL apply that rule correctly regarding the Gresham catch? I thought it only applied to balls caught IN the endzone. How is it any different than a running back diving for the line and the ball coming loose after it hits the ground?

 

Regarding the horse collar issue even if it wasn't the QB I'm not sure it can be called simply for grabbing the shoulder pads. I would think you would have to bring them down while grasping the pads.

Chris Crocker killed the Bengals today.

FC I'm glad you're concerned about my opinion of Gruden. That opinion however was an ex players and I mentioned that in there. I do however agree that those plays were dumb. It's quite obvious Dalton doesn't have a strong arm right? If he did he wouldn't have fell to them. I like him a lot. It doesn't mean he has a good arm.

Did the NFL apply that rule correctly regarding the Gresham catch? I thought it only applied to balls caught IN the endzone. How is it any different than a running back diving for the line and the ball coming loose after it hits the ground?

 

Regarding the horse collar issue even if it wasn't the QB I'm not sure it can be called simply for grabbing the shoulder pads. I would think you would have to bring them down while grasping the pads.

 

You have to basically hand the ball to the ref after the catch. The call was correct. The rule is the problem

MissEnquirer Miss Enquirer

Rookie quarterbacks who have thrown 15 TD passes in first 10 NFL games: Marino, Peyton Manning, Andy Dalton. #Bengals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.