Ravens 31 Bengals 24

Usually when you see a play where the DB jumps the route you see the receiver moving. Caldwell stopped . He either thought he was supposed to sit down or he gave up or Red just threw the wrong pass.

We simply cannot tell by looking at it.

I had the same question last week when the same exact play happened with Caldwell.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually when you see a play where the DB jumps the route you see the receiver moving. Caldwell stopped . He either thought he was supposed to sit down or he gave up or Red just threw the wrong pass.

We simply cannot tell by looking at it.

I had the same question last week when the same exact play happened with Caldwell.

Just read this direct quote from Caldwell after the game:

“They’ve got a good defense, and to get down like that, it’s tough to climb out. I made some mistakes out there, I caused an interception, I take blame for that. I’m a man, you know. We kept fighting and kept going"

Maybe people should stop doubting on the times I blame it on a reciever. I don't blame everyone on receivers however I am decent at telling when it is on the receiver. :D

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-Ravens-Postgame-Quotes/2b5c4dd8-2d65-4cc0-809e-4711b491cb5a

You have to basically hand the ball to the ref after the catch. The call was correct. The rule is the problem

I think you're right. But I don't think the rule applies in this case since he gained possession before crossing the goal line.

General question about the rule: What must happen for the play to be complete when a receiver catches the ball in the end zone? I mean, if the receiver catches the ball in the end zone, takes 2 or 3 steps out of bounds, trips and falls and in falling it knocks the ball out, is that an incomplete pass? Bottom line question is, when is the play complete on an end zone reception?

I think you're right. But I don't think the rule applies in this case since he gained possession before crossing the goal line.

General question about the rule: What must happen for the play to be complete when a receiver catches the ball in the end zone? I mean, if the receiver catches the ball in the end zone, takes 2 or 3 steps out of bounds, trips and falls and in falling it knocks the ball out, is that an incomplete pass? Bottom line question is, when is the play complete on an end zone reception?

Pereira says you have to become a runner which I think Gresham did. Caught it, took two steps and then went to the ground. I think that's why the officials got it wrong.

To answer your question, I think that if you catch and immediately go to the ground in the end zone you have to maintain control. I think if you catch, take a couple of steps, then go down it doesn't matter if you maintain control.