November 20, 201114 yr The pass completion rule needs to be changed. I'm in agreement with Clyde, the guy had possession crossed the line, just like a RB diving over the pile, it should be a score.
November 20, 201114 yr FC I'm glad you're concerned about my opinion of Gruden. That opinion however was an ex players and I mentioned that in there. I do however agree that those plays were dumb. It's quite obvious Dalton doesn't have a strong arm right? If he did he wouldn't have fell to them. I like him a lot. It doesn't mean he has a good arm. Well considering it seemed that you based you opinion of him because you heard that the players picked up his offense quicked, that meant he probably had an easy offense for defenses to defend. So yes I will comment on it, even though someone else said it because you posted it because you wanted to try to back up your claim. As for the trick play they tried to use, how was it dumb? I didn't say it was a dumb play, it just wasn't executed. I mean we have no idea, someone could have been wide open and it would have been a great play. I LOVED how we have someone who actually has some imagination. We havent seen that in ten plus years. It's quite obvious he doesn't have a strong arm? How? I have seen him rocket throws into small holes as a rookie so far, I have seen him throw pretty deep balls. Also don't confuse Dalton's deep throws to Green as to being under thrown because his arm was weak. Sometimes he is just throwing it up there to be a jump ball for Green to go get. Your constant obsession with his arm is really getting out of hand. Does he have the strongest arm in the NFL no, but your constant things about his arm makes it sound like his arm is weak which it is not. Even most of the people who said he had a weak arm in college, have even said they were wrong and his arm was stronger than they thought. That is why he wouldn't fall as far if the draft happened again. Because his arm is stronger than they thought it was.
November 20, 201114 yr I doubt anyone will come out and say it but I'm very curious as to who screwed up on Dalton's 2nd pick. It looked like he was expecting Simpson to turn in and he didn't.
November 20, 201114 yr O-line was atrocious at the end. Dalton had no chance against a 3 man rush. Abysmal
November 20, 201114 yr I agree people before this two game stretch said if we lost both we could kiss the season good bye. I tried to say we could still be alright even if we lose them both. As long as we don't lose a game that were not suppose to, I think we will make the playoffs because I think we will get a win or two against the Steelers, Ravens, or Texans. I'm not convinced they will get even one win in the rematches with the Ravens and Steelers. Right now though I don't think that matters too much. If they don't slip up and lose to a team that shouldn't beat them the key to the season will be the Texans game. The Bengals got a huge break when the Texans lost Schaub, if they win that one and don't lose one that they shouldn't I think they are a lock for the playoffs no matter what happens vs the Steelers and Ravens.
November 20, 201114 yr I'm not convinced they will get even one win in the rematches with the Ravens and Steelers. Right now though I don't think that matters too much. If they don't slip up and lose to a team that shouldn't beat them the key to the season will be the Texans game. The Bengals got a huge break when the Texans lost Schaub, if they win that one and don't lose one that they shouldn't I think they are a lock for the playoffs no matter what happens vs the Steelers and Ravens. I agree the Jets losing the other night sure helped.
November 20, 201114 yr Well considering it seemed that you based you opinion of him because you heard that the players picked up his offense quicked, that meant he probably had an easy offense for defenses to defend. So yes I will comment on it, even though someone else said it because you posted it because you wanted to try to back up your claim. As for the trick play they tried to use, how was it dumb? I didn't say it was a dumb play, it just wasn't executed. I mean we have no idea, someone could have been wide open and it would have been a great play. I LOVED how we have someone who actually has some imagination. We havent seen that in ten plus years. It's quite obvious he doesn't have a strong arm? How? I have seen him rocket throws into small holes as a rookie so far, I have seen him throw pretty deep balls. Also don't confuse Dalton's deep throws to Green as to being under thrown because his arm was weak. Sometimes he is just throwing it up there to be a jump ball for Green to go get. Your constant obsession with his arm is really getting out of hand. Does he have the strongest arm in the NFL no, but your constant things about his arm makes it sound like his arm is weak which it is not. Even most of the people who said he had a weak arm in college, have even said they were wrong and his arm was stronger than they thought. That is why he wouldn't fall as far if the draft happened again. Because his arm is stronger than they thought it was. Both the quarterback throwback AND the option play were poor play calls and were even more poorly executed.
November 20, 201114 yr Both the quarterback throwback AND the option play were poor play calls and were even more poorly executed. I'll give you the option but the other one could have been a TD if executed correctly. We have no idea if someone was wide open I like being creative sometimes.
November 20, 201114 yr O-line was atrocious at the end. Dalton had no chance against a 3 man rush. Abysmal I wonder on the last play if the crowd noise caused Whit to start a second late? He looked slow off of the snap.
November 20, 201114 yr Both the quarterback throwback AND the option play were poor play calls and were even more poorly executed. I disagree on the option play call. If Dalton would have just gone down it was a nice gainer. A good flip makes it a bigger gainer.
November 20, 201114 yr I wonder on the last play if the crowd noise caused Whit to start a second late? He looked slow off of the snap. GeoffHobsonCin Geoff Hobson Whitworth says cadence problem on last snap
November 20, 201114 yr Anyone else just see the Gates TD in the Chargers game? Couldn't you interpret the rule the same way on that catch?
November 20, 201114 yr I disagree on the option play call. If Dalton would have just gone down it was a nice gainer. A good flip makes it a bigger gainer. That's why it was a bad call. You have a quarterback who obviously wasn't comfortable running that play trying to make a pitch in traffic. Why do that? If you want to call a quarterback run then so be it, instead it wiped out a decent gain and could have been a turnover.
November 20, 201114 yr Did the NFL apply that rule correctly regarding the Gresham catch? I thought it only applied to balls caught IN the endzone. How is it any different than a running back diving for the line and the ball coming loose after it hits the ground? Regarding the horse collar issue even if it wasn't the QB I'm not sure it can be called simply for grabbing the shoulder pads. I would think you would have to bring them down while grasping the pads. That rule has to change...That should be a td all day long..The rule makes no sense...
November 20, 201114 yr I doubt anyone will come out and say it but I'm very curious as to who screwed up on Dalton's 2nd pick. It looked like he was expecting Simpson to turn in and he didn't. All three picks today was when he was throwing to Caldwell. A lot of his picks this year have came actually when he was trying to throw to Caldwell.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.