KHSAA: Lexington Catholic lacks 'institutional control'

Jesse James

I first off want to say that I respect your opinions even though I don't agree sometimes. I think we probably see through a little bit different set of eyes as I mainly think about football in this issue and I'm guessing you probably think a lot about girls basketball. I just don't want to see football regress which is what I think would happen since it is snowballing in such a positive way right now. The proposed 6 class system makes some sense in football but the Public/Private split is crazy as far as football goes IMO.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first off want to say that I respect your opinions even though I don't agree sometimes. I think we probably see through a little bit different set of eyes as I mainly think about football in this issue and I'm guessing you probably think a lot about girls basketball. I just don't want to see football regress which is what I think would happen since it is snowballing in such a positive way right now. The proposed 6 class system makes some sense in football but the Public/Private split is crazy as far as football goes IMO.

I am trying to look at the issue from an entire sports vision. I truly believe that some of the votes FOR Prop 20 was looking at it that way. Looking ONLY at football and the split is a killer. But I don't think you can make a decision because of football that does not help all the other sports.

Some sports will be hampered and others will benefit no matter how this plays out. Meaning whether Prop 20 is upheld, sent to it's final resting place or a compromised is worked out.

Could you tell me the names of the public school systems that advertise cause i have never heard of any around here? Maybe they do on that part of the state?

Not living in Kenton County and not having a Kenton County zip code, I was surprised to receive a mailing from the Kenton County School District Learning Community titled "WOW! Look at us!" It was a four page color newspaper style mailer, which talked about all the good things going on in the Kenton County School District. The kicker to me was the back page; there in all of its glory was a proposed graphic design of the new Dixie Heights athletic complex. Understand when I started to read this I thought that this just might be something that some home builder put out to induce people to move into Kenton County, but after looking closer, there right on the front page it states, Kaleidoscope is a publication of the Kenton County School Board. Gee and public schools don’t advertise or use public money to improve their enrollment! :rolleyes:

Not living in Kenton County and not having a Kenton County zip code, I was surprised to receive a mailing from the Kenton County School District Learning Community titled "WOW! Look at us!" It was a four page color newspaper style mailer, which talked about all the good things going on in the Kenton County School District. The kicker to me was the back page; there in all of its glory was a proposed graphic design of the new Dixie Heights athletic complex. Understand when I started to read this I thought that this just might be something that some home builder put out to induce people to move into Kenton County, but after looking closer, there right on the front page it states, Kaleidoscope is a publication of the Kenton County School Board. Gee and public schools don’t advertise or use public money to improve their enrollment! :rolleyes:

And an example of why this is the tip of the problem in schools. While public/private got it on the table, it goes deeper than that.

• 4 weeks later...

One question regarding the whole mess at LexCath.

People talk about missions and policies and whatnot regarding who can get aid and so on.

From what I understand, LC doesn't even have a written policy in regards to who can receive financial assistance and their was no written policy that expressedly states the requirements to receive such aid.

Hence, the president was arbitrarliy giving aid to whom he or she pleased.

That is one sticking point that LC got dinged on by the KHSAA.

People talk about missions and policies and whatnot regarding who can get aid and so on.

From what I understand, LC doesn't even have a written policy in regards to who can receive financial assistance and their was no written policy that expressedly states the requirements to receive such aid.

You are wrong. I am not affiliated with Lexcath but was able to find this information within 30 seconds by googleing Lexington Catholic and clicking on Admissions then clicking on Tuition Information ,and there was the information that you said didn't exist . It was simple and easy to find with a small amount of effort . :p Now did they follow this procedure? That is the question . Here is the link http://www.lexingtoncatholic.com/admissions/admissions.htm

This is how this whole mess got started. People spreading rumors as truths. Even if the person spreading a rumor thinks it's true... Full rides, etc... :rolleyes:

You are wrong. I am not affiliated with Lexcath but was able to find this information within 30 seconds by googleing Lexington Catholic and clicking on Admissions then clicking on Tuition Information ,and there was the information that you said didn't exist . It was simple and easy to find with a small amount of effort . :p Now did they follow this procedure? That is the question . Here is the link http://www.lexingtoncatholic.com/admissions/admissions.htm

KyTmcNcc....I wish more people would take it upon themselves to investigate Private schools as you did. Many people want to believe what they believe, regardless of the facts presented. It's always amazing to me the misconceptions that are out there, that could be eliminated if people would just do their homework. I think some people just want to believe the worst, becaues it offers some sort of justification for their perceived bias.

KyTmcNcc....I wish more people would take it upon themselves to investigate Private schools as you did. Many people want to believe what they believe, regardless of the facts presented. It's always amazing to me the misconceptions that are out there, that could be eliminated if people would just do their homework. I think some people just want to believe the worst, becaues it offers some sort of justification for their perceived bias.
Mostly it is just laziness on their part . I guess it is too hard to find the facts . :thumb:

Go to Louisville some time. Stay the night in a hotel. Watch for the TV show promoting the Jefferson County Public Schools. They listen to the radio ads. Or watch the billboards on the expressway. In Lexington, individual high schools buy radio ads. It is quite an environment we have created here in the Commonwealth for seeking high school students.