UK move to the ACC?

ADopted ADmiral

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could really benefit them in football, basketball would obviously become more competitive. It would be pretty awesome getting to see them play UNC and Duke every year in college basketball.

I agree.If the cats haven't been competitive in the SEC since I have been following them for 30+years they never will be.I don't think they would rule in the ACC,but it's got to be better than trying to compete in the SEC.

People keep complaining about getting a big name coach...IMO I don't care who they bring in they're not going to compete for the SEC championship year after year.

Care to be more specific?

Moving because UK is weak at football is just dumb, we can't play with the big kids so we're just gonna go play with the other kids that aren't as good but we'll at least have a chance beating. That's a cop out, I'd be embarrased to be a UK fan if that happened.

Moving because UK is weak at football is just dumb, we can't play with the big kids so we're just gonna go play with the other kids that aren't as good but we'll at least have a chance beating. That's a cop out, I'd be embarrased to be a UK fan if that happened.

Are you not embarrased to be a UK fan...that has not had a winning conference record in the SEC since 1977?How about not beating Florida since 1986 or Tennessee since 1984?I understand what your are saying but the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again that is not working.

Not saying that those not in favor this are doing it for this reason, but I could see many people not being for it due to how much more competitive things will become from a basketball perspective.

I do agree with some of the points that a couple of you are making about bringing in a big name coach for football, but I just don't see it happening, and if it is not done, the Wildcats are always going to be at either the average or lower half of the spectrum, plain and simple.

Not saying that those responding in negativity to this are doing it for this reason, but I could see many people not being for it due to how much more competitive things will become from a basketball perspective.

I do agree with some of the points that a couple of you are making about bringing in a big name coach for football, but I just don't see it happening, and if it is not done, the Wildcats are always going to be at either the average or lower half of the spectrum, plain and simple.

That's the million dollar question. Why won't they bring in a big name coach? Someone............PLEASE explain.

I hope it happens.

It would be great for College Basketball.I can't even imagine how electric it would be to have UK UNC and Duke in the same conference.Win lose or Draw it would be over the top...As for Football...Duke vs Kentucky could be the best rivalry in football were both schools have great basketball but football that sucks...:lol:

Are you not embarrased to be a UK fan...that has not had a winning conference record in the SEC since 1977?How about not beating Florida since 1986 or Tennessee since 1984?I understand what your are saying but the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again that is not working.

At least playing in the SEC you can often times say to any school not in the conference you wouldn't be a .500 team in the SEC. Moving to the ACC, you're just another sucky team in a sucky conference.

That's the million dollar question. Why won't they bring in a big name coach? Someone............PLEASE explain.

I'm not really for certain, nor are many others probably, but if I had to make my best guess, I would assume that it has to do with wanting to keep the majority of their money where they have been most successful, which has clearly been basketball for a long time.