UK move to the ACC?

ADopted ADmiral

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the million dollar question. Why won't they bring in a big name coach? Someone............PLEASE explain.

Why would a big name come to UK? What do they have to offer? You'd be going to the only school in a football crazed conference that cares more about basketball. The in-state recruiting base is not good (as GT pointed out).

Just looking at the SEC, why would any good coach pick UK over any other school in the conference with the exception of Vandy? From outside, why would you pick UK over another mediocre school from a difference conference?

It's about more than money when it comes to football at Kentucky.

Here is another thought. Wouldn't a move to the ACC hurt recruiting and make it even harder for UK to get players? Being in the SEC is a big plus for UK in recruiting that they would lose with a move to the ACC or any other conference.

One of the top 3 players on the team is the punter. How much worse can recruiting get?

I think UK moving to the ACC would lead to anarchy and rioting in the state among the fan base. Can you imagine having to play as many as 6 games (maybe more) against Duke and UNC every year? We would undoubtedly lose some of those. I'm not sure Big Blue Nation could live under those conditions.

I disagree. They already play UNC every year and everyone wants the Duke/UK game. Those 3 schools in the same conference is great for college basketball. And as someone mentioned...the Duke/UK football game would be awesome as well.

I disagree. They already play UNC every year and everyone wants the Duke/UK game. Those 3 schools in the same conference is great for college basketball. And as someone mentioned...the Duke/UK football game would be awesome as well.

My post was tongue-in-cheek. Frankly, I'd love to be in a conference with Duke, UNC, Pitt and Syracuse. Although I'm confident it will never happen, UK to the ACC makes a lot of sense and I would have no problem with it.

I missed the mention of the UK vs. Duke football game. Now that would be an awesome rivalry.