Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton 32 Bishop Brossart 14

Featured Replies

What is, is!

 

Dayton was the better of the two teams on this night.

The Greendevils ran for 256 yards rushing despite scoring 3 touchdowns on pass plays.

 

#16 - Henry Horsley was a load and #22 J.D. Walker was very agile and broke quite a few tackles.

#7 - Thomas Rogg did a creditable job at quarterback and completed three touchdown passes to #14 Danny Sparks.

 

Brossart beat Dayton 50-6 last year at Davis Field. This was a far superior bunch than the group we played last fall.

 

As far as 2-A competition goes, perhaps both teams are vastly inferior to the teams we will face in district competition. Maybe we just through in a major clunker.

 

Brossart had few bright spots including a plethera of Un-Mustanglike penalties tonight.

 

While the Mustangs aren't proud of the loss, it was a big win for Dayton as evidenced by the post-game celebration. They have a new coach in Chad Montgomery, Sr.. They seem to have quite a few more kids on the roster than we've seen in the past, and once they return to Class

1-A competition, may be found to be more competitive than expected.

 

The Mustangs will have to go back to the drawing board and find a way to right the ship.

 

Hopefully, cuase right now they are the RMS Titanic and they could be heading into the iceberg field.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well snapped 15 game losing streak. The Greendevils lined up and ran the ball at will. The offensive line is huge and just pushed Brossart around all night. They have been able to do it the last few games and drive the ball, however tonight they finished drives. They didnt bobble snaps and fumble. By the way they tackled tonight too. That is why they won the game. The most amazing part is they were a classy football tonight. They played the game hard and played it the right way.

Dayton's first 3 games: Holy Cross, Walton, & Lloyd put a "beatdown" on the Greendevils and Brossart plays the same 3 teams later in the year, does this mean the "Stangs" are in for some serious "poundings"???? Also, throw in NewCath and it's going to be UGLY. How we lookin'.......NOT GOOD.

 

Its cool, you have to take the good with the bad. You can't learn if you don't lose. Brossart is going to be overmatched in a lot of games against 2A schools here in NKY. Its expected and you act like it is something of a surprise. Do you want these young men to quit? I'm betting that option isn't even in these young men minds. As a matter of fact, I look up to these guys, even though I am a 30 year old man. These guys have the courage to go out against NKY's best, not afraid that they might lose and try the hardest that they can. Keep trying boys! You keep showing up!! I'm proud of you! Go 'Stangs!!!

Brossart and their coaching staff must be kicking themselves this morning for losing this game.

 

Congrats to Dayton on snapping their losing streak,....however I wouldn't get use to it, there maybe only 1 more victory left this season.

Dayton is a much better team then Ludlow and Bracken to say there is only one more victory in the season is an insult.

I saw the Walton game last week for the Devils. It was bad on paper, but I thought Dayton was far better this year than last. Glad to see them put a whole game together.

There were quite a few games last night that had surprising scores. But this game is the most surprising of the night to me. First, because I didn't even expect Dayton to win. Second, because Dayton not only won but it looks like they won rather convincingly. I will say this - I thought Dayton had much better talent than what they showed as a team last year. It looks like the new coach has the talent in the right place and has them playing like a team. Congrats on a big win for the Green Devils!

Congrats to Dayton. BB needs a lot of work!!!!!

Dayton is a much better team then Ludlow and Bracken to say there is only one more victory in the season is an insult.
Ludlow maybe, but not Bracken this year:thumb:
Ludlow maybe, but not Bracken this year:thumb:

Depends on how Bracken is up front.

Well I agree with everything everyone is saying about Dayton. Much improved team this year. Still have a lot of work to do. I said from the beginning I think Dayton could still be a .500 team. I think they have a shot with Bracken, Ludlow, and Carroll. The Bellevue game should be a dog fight. Everyone can compare the Walton score, but comparing scores is like comparing apples to oranges. Dayton will have there best chance in the last three years. Beechwood will be a very tough game. Newport will present some challenges this week , but if Dayton continues to play smart disciplined football they'll be okay.

Dayton always has a tough group of kids & will always play until the last whistle.

I'm guessing last years game provided some incentive for Dayton and maybe a little

over-confidence for Brossart.

As with every program, learn from the past and get better.

Good Luck to both schools!

Dayton unveiled a new player last night that made his first appearance in a Northern Kentucky varsity football game.

 

#22 J.D. Walker is a name you might want to remember. He is extremely mobile, agile, and can carry the mail. He is a transfer from the state of Oregon who gives the Greendevils a whole new demension that they didn't have for the first three games this year while being drilled by their first three 2A opponents.

 

I feel confident that if #16 Horsley had been the only major ball-carrying threat in the Dayton backfield, the Mustangs would have been much more successful stopping the run.

 

Do I think we would have won the game???? I didn't say that. I do think we would have been much more competitive and am making a statement that something was different last night that hadn't been there for the first three games of the campaign.

Dayton is a much better team then Ludlow and Bracken to say there is only one more victory in the season is an insult.
Not really. If they'd won a game in the recent past, it might be an insult. As it is, Ludlow beat them last year and Bracken County has a winning record, a new coach, and a new attitude. Happy to see them get a win, but let's see them build on it before we go making predictions of more.
Dayton unveiled a new player last night that made his first appearance in a Northern Kentucky varsity football game.

 

#22 J.D. Walker is a name you might want to remember. He is extremely mobile, agile, and can carry the mail. He is a transfer from the state of Oregon who gives the Greendevils a whole new demension that they didn't have for the first three games this year while being drilled by their first three 2A opponents.

 

I feel confident that if #16 Horsley had been the only major ball-carrying threat in the Dayton backfield, the Mustangs would have been much more successful stopping the run.

 

Do I think we would have won the game???? I didn't say that. I do think we would have been much more competitive and am making a statement that something was different last night that hadn't been there for the first three games of the campaign.

 

I thought #22 Walker played for them last year, because I thought I seen him playing last year for them? So this might have been his first game back since he moved back from Oregon, but I don't think it was his first game with Dayton.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.