Dayton 32 Bishop Brossart 14

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here is the info on Dayton. They faced more adversity than any other team in the first few weeks. The night before opening game the starting qb/db broke collarbone in walk-thru. The same week mlb/fb had emergency appendectomy and missed two weeks. They also had two other season ending injuries(ACL/Back). As well as Jay Nellis #53 was out from a torn labrum. They had to start 4 qb's already. That was not by design. Starter done for year. So they started soph QB in the Holy Cross game. He was then not allowed to play and Dayton then started new qb against Lloyd and Walton. However, this week now that DJ is back, Rogg can now go back to qb where most people feel he should have been. It was just he was needed in the backfield at the time. All of those injuries just plagued Dayton as it will a small school. As previous post stated I think Dayton is better than what they showed first three games. If they play well and don't beat themselves they will turn some heads. Last year they scored 60 points and they have matched that already. So while improving they still have a ways to go and the players are playing with class which is a reflection of the coaching staff and the kids being coachable.

Again I'm not predicting wins, but feel Dayton if they play to potential could be a .500 team before the year is over. That is what this program needs after only winning 3 games in 3 years. This is not based off of last night either. As you can look at my previous post from the winter.

Dayton is not the same team they were last year, they have continued to get better each week in spite of injuries. They will continue to win games if they come to play and finish drives, if you watched the last two games you saw Dayton run the ball down the field they just failed to get the ball into the endzone. This game was the result of Dayton finishing drives and not penalizing them selves.

I agree combs 52. Again if the players from Dayton continue to believe and buy into the team philosophy. The Devils may achieve faster results than most outside of Dayton believed. Again I'm not just saying this because Dayton won 1 game. No one expected Dayton to even win a game until they were done playing their 2A schedule. I'm not predicting wins because Bracken is much improved and Ludlow has been banged up. I also feel Carroll and Bellevue are games that Dayton can win. Dayton just matches up much better with teams their size. Plus the line is playing really well. Dayton has some very athletic kids such as Rogg, Horsley, Walker, Smith, and Sparks. So 4 more wins is a reality.

I agree combs 52. Again if the players from Dayton continue to believe and buy into the team philosophy. The Devils may achieve faster results than most outside of Dayton believed. Again I'm not just saying this because Dayton won 1 game. No one expected Dayton to even win a game until they were done playing their 2A schedule. I'm not predicting wins because Bracken is much improved and Ludlow has been banged up. I also feel Carroll and Bellevue are games that Dayton can win. Dayton just matches up much better with teams their size. Plus the line is playing really well. Dayton has some very athletic kids such as Rogg, Horsley, Walker, Smith, and Sparks. So 4 more wins is a reality.

I think the line is the key in their play. Play calling around that strength and they will be tough to stop. Same on the d line. Caroll and Bellevue will be tall order for them but not unreasonable to achieve.

There were quite a few games last night that had surprising scores. But this game is the most surprising of the night to me. First, because I didn't even expect Dayton to win. Second, because Dayton not only won but it looks like they won rather convincingly. I will say this - I thought Dayton had much better talent than what they showed as a team last year. It looks like the new coach has the talent in the right place and has them playing like a team. Congrats on a big win for the Green Devils!

I didn't get to see much of Dayton at all last year except for the Bellevue game. From what everyone is saying, it sounds like they are definitely doing better than last season. It is going to take some more time, but I agree that Coach Montgomery is going to be good for them. I believe that he is a good fit and will make things even better in the future.