Rolled Over 200,000 Miles In My Truck Yesterday Morning

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother in law has a 1984 or 1985 4Runner he bought new. This is the first model year for the 4Runner. No idea how many miles are on it but it is in pretty great condition. He doesn't drive it every day anymore, but when he does drive it about once a week he gets a note on his winshield from someone wanting to buy it.

.Lulabell.jpg

My brother in law has a 1984 or 1985 4Runner he bought new. This is the first model year for the 4Runner. No idea how many miles are on it but it is in pretty great condition. He doesn't drive it every day anymore, but when he does drive it about once a week he gets a note on his winshield from someone wanting to buy it.

.[ATTACH=CONFIG]34430[/ATTACH]

Those first generation 4 runners are very hot items with off roaders and outdoorsy type campers. There are websites and blogs all over the place about modifying them.

.[ATTACH=CONFIG]34430[/ATTACH]

I can see why. That thing is beautiful!! 1984 was the first year, but 1985 is a little more popular. Both had solid from axles, thus the higher interest over the 86-89. I'd love to have that.

How much were you offered for your trade-in?

Not much...$500. I was disappointed as in the immediate 6 weeks previous I'd replaced the steering rack, lower ball joints, stablizer links, master cylinder and bought new tires. I spent almost $2500 in those six week. The starter was 7 months old. But, it needed more work, which is where I made the decision to do something I'd never done....get a loan to buy a car. I had to make a decision whether having transportion I had to make payments on was worth the peace of mind. I had to make a decision whether having transportion I had to make payments on was worth the peace of mind, and ability to budget, vs. trying to come up with 1-2K or even 3-5hundred dollars unexpectedly. I'm content with my decision though, as I drive along now @70 MPH without freaking out about what that groan/rattle/clammor/clanking may be. Engine-wise, it was still going strong. I probably could have put at least another 100K on it.

Hit 200K on the drive in to work on Dixie Highway in Fort Wright. Thought about snapping a picture of the odometer with my phone, but, you know...I was driving and stuff.

How many miles do you have on your vehicle? What's the make/model/year? Do you remember where you hit 100K or 200K?

I'm in a '99 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 4WD. It's beaten up, but it's a gooder...

That is awesome! Anymore, newer model vehicles are supposed to be able to get to the 200,000 mile mark easy, but due to many random circumstances and events most people never get to reach that mark in their own vehicles. Toyota is as good of car manufactuer as there is in terms of longevity but still 200,000 miles is 200,000 miles. Just goes to show that you have took the time and care to make sure it was serviced and treated half decent anyway. You can def say you got your moneys worth now, no matter what happens and no matter what you may have to eventually replace.

I have 140K on mine currently. I don't really remember when I hit 100K. If i keep it and it lasts long enough to hit 200K I will be taking a picture. I have a 2000 Chrysler 200M, I am shocked it still runs as good as it does. It doesn't get good gas mileage but it is paid off so I am going to keep it till it stops running.

Man the bolded says it all, run it until the wheels fall off. I had been driving a 1999 Isuzu SUV that I have had paid off for a couple years now. Loved it, still love it. It was never anything flashy and far from a chick magnet but it got me any where I needed to go, and I mean anywhere. It was 4 wheel drive and since I live in Pike County, there was numerous instances for me to get to use the 4x4. One of my favorite hobbies is getting up in the hills and seeing all the wildlife and picturesque mountain scenes. I was able to do all of which no problem with the Isuzu and since it was paid for I had no worries doing it.

Last weekend (weekend before last) I took the plunge and bought a new (new to me, pre owned I guess you can say) Cadillac CTS. I really love it and have no regrets after the first week, but one thing about it is I am sure I am going to miss the days of no car payment once the payments start rolling in for it. Since Chrysler makes such a nice vehicle and since it is at least a 2000 model I would roll with that thing until you had to push it down the road. I'm sure in a couple months I will reassure you of that once I start making payments on mine. :D

No car payment is about the sweetest thing you can ask for once you hit adulthood. The few years of my young adulthood that I got to enjoy without a payment are sure to be cherished once I am now stuck with the burden of probably going for the rest of my life with some form of car payment (whether on the Lac or eventually something else). You should enjoy yours while it lasts. :D

2007 Ford Focus

73,000 and adding 50-60 more every day.

Makes me feel pretty good then Hangman. The car I just purchased had like 81,000 on it and is a 2005 model so I guess you are not too far behind in the 2007. At least makes me feel like the ammount of miles is average and not overkill for the model of the car. Like you I will be putting about 50-60 on it daily.

On another note how do you like your Focus? I had one a few years back and loved it. Was a very comfortable drive and the best part about it (other than the gas mileage) was it was very easy to see out of. No blind spots, big windshield, it was like driving a cube of glass, never had any issues with visibility and on some roads that can be one of the best things a car has going for it. Still though gas mileage was far and away the favorite part about the one I had, easily bagged over 30 mpgs. After gas went up so high over the last couple of years I have longed for it back so bad.

My Corolla has 305,000 miles on it and still runs great. Knock on wood!

Wow, impressive. Still not as impressive considering its a Toyota and how those things run for an eternity but no matter if it is a Yota or not 300,000 is 300,000. Very impressive and very much worth what you paid, def got your moneys worth with that one.

213,000 mile on my 2000 suburban. Hit 200,000 on way to destin. Kept saying just one more trip to destin Bessie. She made it one more time this summer. May be time to put her down or let my 15 year old son wreck her next year.

:lol: Sadly thats probably about the best thing you could do. It pained me as one of the younger kids in my class watching all of my buddy's get these brand new sweet rides knowing I was going to get something that was way used and way past its prime. Given I have a vast ammount of respect for my parents and given I was raised to be uber appreciative of everything I got it didn't really bother me that bad, I was just lucky and appreciative to have anything. But it still kind of hit me every time one of my buddys got their dream car as their 1st or 2nd (and still in high school). Sure enough my mother always said, "You don't need a new car, no one needs a brand new car for their first car. Something will happen to it. You need something just to learn how to drive in first." Like I said, at the time I hated that and always tried to come back with the clever well mom most kids just don't know how to take care or appreciate anything, I'm not like that. Needless to say my urges went on deaf ears and my first car was way past its prime. However, if I didn't back into/hit/bang/ding almost everything in sight with that thing. Eventually I had a pretty good tap with the guard rail that almost sealed its fate for good. Now that I got older and now that I realize I watched most of my buddys bang up and rag out all their new cars while their parents were still stuck with paying for them, I realized perhaps mama does know best. Now if the time ever comes for me to get my children their first vehicle, they will also be getting a "warm-up" vehicle. Regardless of my financial situation, don't care if I could easily afford them anything they want, until they get a couple of years under their belt, I'm going with the good average car that can afford to take a beating or two.

So with all that said, it is obvious I got your back on that idea. Your probably going to hear a million reasons why not to do so, but best decision you could ever make would be to pass her on down IMO.

I know one thing......

This thread came to me at the right time during work. Not really a car buff or anything like that at all but somehow this thread alone has almost got me through the last hour of work. Sorry it had to come at your all's expense though. I apologize for all my useless random rambling and driving tales. :D :lol:

Those first generation 4 runners are very hot items with off roaders and outdoorsy type campers. There are websites and blogs all over the place about modifying them.

I can see why. That thing is beautiful!! 1984 was the first year, but 1985 is a little more popular. Both had solid from axles, thus the higher interest over the 86-89. I'd love to have that.

Those things are very popular and I can see why. Even the 90' model ones still demand a lot of respect. Like I said my former every day vehicle was a 1999 Isuzu Amigo and a guy I work with has a 1999 Four Runner. The two are basically the same exact vehicle minus a few slight differences. Know a few other guys with 4 Runners and they all love theirs as well, I know sure love(d) my Amigo. After getting them off road its hard not to fall in love with them. Like I said earlier in the thread, my Amigo was far from flashy and far from a chic magnet but even it got a lot of attention from people who have made offers to buy it or who have told me to get up with them when it comes time to let it go.