Rolled Over 200,000 Miles In My Truck Yesterday Morning

Colonels_Wear_Blue

One last thing before I get out of this thread and get out of work. :D

After hearing all of your all's success stories mileage wise, I have built a pretty good confidence in my decision to purchase a pre owned vehicle that I really love compared to a brand new vehicle I would have just been okay with. After hearing all the great mileage stories I can only hope the 81 some thousand miles on mine are just the beginnig. It runs great and sounds great right now but I still have in the back of my mind the thought of accidently buying a lemon. You guys have helped me get my confidence up though and hopefully I can put as many miles on mine as you all have yours.

The Isuzu I have talked about a couple of times by the way has almost 170k on it. Somehow I forgot to mention that in all my useless kill time at work rambling, and that was the main reason for me to even come into the thread. :lol:

But its 4 o' clock and time to get this Monday work day behind me, see you guys later. :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man the bolded says it all, run it until the wheels fall off. I had been driving a 1999 Isuzu SUV that I have had paid off for a couple years now. Loved it, still love it. It was never anything flashy and far from a chick magnet but it got me any where I needed to go, and I mean anywhere. It was 4 wheel drive and since I live in Pike County, there was numerous instances for me to get to use the 4x4. One of my favorite hobbies is getting up in the hills and seeing all the wildlife and picturesque mountain scenes. I was able to do all of which no problem with the Isuzu and since it was paid for I had no worries doing it.

Last weekend (weekend before last) I took the plunge and bought a new (new to me, pre owned I guess you can say) Cadillac CTS. I really love it and have no regrets after the first week, but one thing about it is I am sure I am going to miss the days of no car payment once the payments start rolling in for it. Since Chrysler makes such a nice vehicle and since it is at least a 2000 model I would roll with that thing until you had to push it down the road. I'm sure in a couple months I will reassure you of that once I start making payments on mine. :D

No car payment is about the sweetest thing you can ask for once you hit adulthood. The few years of my young adulthood that I got to enjoy without a payment are sure to be cherished once I am now stuck with the burden of probably going for the rest of my life with some form of car payment (whether on the Lac or eventually something else). You should enjoy yours while it lasts. :D

I am sure trying to enjoy it. It makes paying the bills a heck of a lot easier. I would really like to get a new car but I just enjoy not having the payment to much. Enjoy the Caddy I'd love to get one just like that.

On another note how do you like your Focus? I had one a few years back and loved it. Was a very comfortable drive and the best part about it (other than the gas mileage) was it was very easy to see out of. No blind spots, big windshield, it was like driving a cube of glass, never had any issues with visibility and on some roads that can be one of the best things a car has going for it. Still though gas mileage was far and away the favorite part about the one I had, easily bagged over 30 mpgs. After gas went up so high over the last couple of years I have longed for it back so bad.

I've had mine about a month. I drive at least 61 miles each way to work (minimum ~600 miles per week...some weeks more depending upon what route I may have to take, or other circumstances). As of this morning I'm averaging 37.3 MPG. I love it!

Makes me feel pretty good then Hangman. The car I just purchased had like 81,000 on it and is a 2005 model so I guess you are not too far behind in the 2007. At least makes me feel like the ammount of miles is average and not overkill for the model of the car. Like you I will be putting about 50-60 on it daily.

On another note how do you like your Focus? I had one a few years back and loved it. Was a very comfortable drive and the best part about it (other than the gas mileage) was it was very easy to see out of. No blind spots, big windshield, it was like driving a cube of glass, never had any issues with visibility and on some roads that can be one of the best things a car has going for it. Still though gas mileage was far and away the favorite part about the one I had, easily bagged over 30 mpgs. After gas went up so high over the last couple of years I have longed for it back so bad.

I'm suffering from "I've had this car for over 4 years" burnout, but overall I'm happy with the purchase. There's some money that I need to put back into it on basic maintenance that I am dreading, but needs to be done. And I think me dreading that so much makes me want a new car more than I would otherwise. But it's not the car's fault... The same stuff needs done in a Focus or an Escalade I guess.

When I get some new tires and clean it back up a little bit, it'll feel new again.

The gas mileage is a big plus.

That is awesome! Anymore, newer model vehicles are supposed to be able to get to the 200,000 mile mark easy, but due to many random circumstances and events most people never get to reach that mark in their own vehicles. Toyota is as good of car manufactuer as there is in terms of longevity but still 200,000 miles is 200,000 miles. Just goes to show that you have took the time and care to make sure it was serviced and treated half decent anyway. You can def say you got your moneys worth now, no matter what happens and no matter what you may have to eventually replace.

Man the bolded says it all, run it until the wheels fall off. I had been driving a 1999 Isuzu SUV that I have had paid off for a couple years now. Loved it, still love it. It was never anything flashy and far from a chick magnet but it got me any where I needed to go, and I mean anywhere. It was 4 wheel drive and since I live in Pike County, there was numerous instances for me to get to use the 4x4. One of my favorite hobbies is getting up in the hills and seeing all the wildlife and picturesque mountain scenes. I was able to do all of which no problem with the Isuzu and since it was paid for I had no worries doing it.

Last weekend (weekend before last) I took the plunge and bought a new (new to me, pre owned I guess you can say) Cadillac CTS. I really love it and have no regrets after the first week, but one thing about it is I am sure I am going to miss the days of no car payment once the payments start rolling in for it. Since Chrysler makes such a nice vehicle and since it is at least a 2000 model I would roll with that thing until you had to push it down the road. I'm sure in a couple months I will reassure you of that once I start making payments on mine. :D

No car payment is about the sweetest thing you can ask for once you hit adulthood. The few years of my young adulthood that I got to enjoy without a payment are sure to be cherished once I am now stuck with the burden of probably going for the rest of my life with some form of car payment (whether on the Lac or eventually something else). You should enjoy yours while it lasts. :D

I'm 28 and still haven't had a car payment (though my first few cars were gifts). My goal is to never have one.

I'm also single and drive a Dodge Caravan...:lol:. I could afford something quite nice, but I'd have to make lifestyle sacrifices I'm not willing to make. But on average I drive 40 miles a week so a vehicle isn't something I'm concerned about in the least. I ride my bike or walk everywhere except to and from work.

95 Chevy K2500 with 271,500, bought it new and the wife said get what you want, my reply is what is the catch? You have to keep it until the youngest graduates college, she was 2. Freshman at Georgetown so 4 more years. Other vehicles we have 202,000, 133,000 and 93,000. We upgrade to the 133,000 when we got rid of the van with 200,000 on it. Cost too much to buy new, drive them till they drop!:ylsuper:

I've had mine about a month. I drive at least 61 miles each way to work (minimum ~600 miles per week...some weeks more depending upon what route I may have to take, or other circumstances). As of this morning I'm averaging 37.3 MPG. I love it!

My bad...38.3 MPG as of this evening! It was up to 38.6, but then I got stuck in traffic for 45 minutes on the Kennedy bridge.

Those things are very popular and I can see why. Even the 90' model ones still demand a lot of respect. Like I said my former every day vehicle was a 1999 Isuzu Amigo and a guy I work with has a 1999 Four Runner. The two are basically the same exact vehicle minus a few slight differences. Know a few other guys with 4 Runners and they all love theirs as well, I know sure love(d) my Amigo. After getting them off road its hard not to fall in love with them. Like I said earlier in the thread, my Amigo was far from flashy and far from a chic magnet but even it got a lot of attention from people who have made offers to buy it or who have told me to get up with them when it comes time to let it go.

No offense, but comparing an Amigo to a 4Runner is like comparing a Ferrari to a Pinto. They both have 4 tires, and that's it. There's a reason the Amigo only lasted 3 years and the 4Runner is going on 28.

The engine in the early 90 models (90-95) was probably one of the worst, if not the worst, engine they ever put out. The 3.0 (or 3 slow) was horrible. I love my 97, and I loved my 99 Tacoma, but getting down to one vehicle, and another Toyota that I really wanted was definitely worth it. I'll drive my Tundra until it dies.

No offense, but comparing an Amigo to a 4Runner is like comparing a Ferrari to a Pinto. They both have 4 tires, and that's it. There's a reason the Amigo only lasted 3 years and the 4Runner is going on 28.

The engine in the early 90 models (90-95) was probably one of the worst, if not the worst, engine they ever put out. The 3.0 (or 3 slow) was horrible. I love my 97, and I loved my 99 Tacoma, but getting down to one vehicle, and another Toyota that I really wanted was definitely worth it. I'll drive my Tundra until it dies.

Hahahaha, sheeeew come on Ness don't do me like that, Ferrari to Pinto is pretty harsh. :lol: :D

I think the main thing is the Amigo is/was two door and had a few other differences. You take an Isuzu Rodeo though from around the same model date and then you take a 4 runner from around the same model date (late 90's) and they are going to be built almost the exact same. May be some differences in the engines or other mechanical mechanisms but as far as body goes they are almost the exact same body style and make. Only real difference in the 99' Amigo and 99' Rodeo is like I said, Amigo is a two door, Rodeo is a four door.

My bad...38.3 MPG as of this evening! It was up to 38.6, but then I got stuck in traffic for 45 minutes on the Kennedy bridge.

Wow, thats something to be jealous of right there. In my town gas was 3.77 a gallon today, 38+ miles a gallon does a good job at making that go a long way.

I am sure trying to enjoy it. It makes paying the bills a heck of a lot easier. I would really like to get a new car but I just enjoy not having the payment to much. Enjoy the Caddy I'd love to get one just like that.

You are no doubt doing the right thing, I'm just a little over one week in on my purchase and already the thoughts crossed my mind did I need to do that. Is it really worth it to have the car payment? Like I said, I would ride it until the wheels fall off because it is def nice enough to be able to go a while without picking up a payment. Everythings already getting so expensive as it is, not having a car payment can go a long way to making sure everything else is taken care of comfortably. I don't see the price of everyday items going down, everything will only continue to get more and more expensive.

I'm suffering from "I've had this car for over 4 years" burnout, but overall I'm happy with the purchase. There's some money that I need to put back into it on basic maintenance that I am dreading, but needs to be done. And I think me dreading that so much makes me want a new car more than I would otherwise. But it's not the car's fault... The same stuff needs done in a Focus or an Escalade I guess.

When I get some new tires and clean it back up a little bit, it'll feel new again.

The gas mileage is a big plus.

Yeah I really loved my Focus, they really are good vehicles. Once you sink the money into it to do whatever you need to do you will be loving it again, either that or hating it. :D

I'm 28 and still haven't had a car payment (though my first few cars were gifts). My goal is to never have one.

I'm also single and drive a Dodge Caravan...:lol:. I could afford something quite nice, but I'd have to make lifestyle sacrifices I'm not willing to make. But on average I drive 40 miles a week so a vehicle isn't something I'm concerned about in the least. I ride my bike or walk everywhere except to and from work.

Can't blame you one bit. If I didn't have to drive so much I would roll with whatever could get me from point A to point B. Considering I do a pretty good amount of driving I had to break down and get something newer. If I was in your situation I would go as long as I could before I signed myself into a payment. I will be ready to congratulate you if you make it another ten years and still are sticking to the plan. :thumb:

Can't blame you one bit. If I didn't have to drive so much I would roll with whatever could get me from point A to point B. Considering I do a pretty good amount of driving I had to break down and get something newer. If I was in your situation I would go as long as I could before I signed myself into a payment. I will be ready to congratulate you if you make it another ten years and still are sticking to the plan. :thumb:
If my driving situation was different I MIGHT get something newer. Though I'd more than likely try to stay away from a car payment if at all possible.

Hahahaha, sheeeew come on Ness don't do me like that, Ferrari to Pinto is pretty harsh. :lol: :D

I think the main thing is the Amigo is/was two door and had a few other differences. You take an Isuzu Rodeo though from around the same model date and then you take a 4 runner from around the same model date (late 90's) and they are going to be built almost the exact same. May be some differences in the engines or other mechanical mechanisms but as far as body goes they are almost the exact same body style and make. Only real difference in the 99' Amigo and 99' Rodeo is like I said, Amigo is a two door, Rodeo is a four door.

Now that you're comparing the Amigo to a Rodeo, yeah, they're very similar. Before you were comparing the Amigo to a 4Runner, hence the Ferrari, Pinto comment.

• 1 year later...
Hit 200K on the drive in to work on Dixie Highway in Fort Wright. Thought about snapping a picture of the odometer with my phone, but, you know...I was driving and stuff.

How many miles do you have on your vehicle? What's the make/model/year? Do you remember where you hit 100K or 200K?

I'm in a '99 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 4WD. It's beaten up, but it's a gooder...

I took it easy on the old Yoder fot the last year...only added 16K and change to the odometer. I ended up having Toyota to buy it back on a recall for extensive rusting on the frame. They made good and paid me over $11,000 for it!!! Picked up the check today.