Chinese Food...

UKMustangFan

I like pretty much every food "nationality" I've tried. Love Greek/Mediterranean, Italian, Mexican, Indian (one of my favorites), Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese (closer to Thai than Chinese IMO), etc. etc.

If I had to live off of one food genre though, it would be seafood.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai food is far superior. Of course Indian is superior to both, but all are good.

I love Indian food, but I'm going with Thai over both. Give me a good Pad Thai over ANY Chinese dish. Vietnamese is also way up there for me and definitely superior to Chinese. I'm a sucker for a Bahn Mi.

For Chinese I usually get the General and some Crab Rangoons.

Having been to India a handful of times, I like some of the food, but still prefer Chinese. Actually two of the best Chinese dinners I've ever had were in India.

Having been to India a handful of times, I like some of the food, but still prefer Chinese. Actually two of the best Chinese dinners I've ever had were in India.

I was told by a friend of mine who spend a month or so in Bangalore for business that Indian food in India and Indian food here are dramatically different. I seem to recall him saying that they were advised not to eat the local fare.

I've had some bad service there, but overall it isn't enough to even consider staying away.

It is enough to make me go carryout only from now on. My fiance and were seated for about 15 minutes before our waitress even acknowledged our existence. We were less than 60 seconds from leaving when she finally showed up.

I also am kind of annoyed at how it is now the "in" place to go in St. Matthews whereas prior to their move at least 70% of the people you see there wouldn't even give the place a second glance.

I was told by a friend of mine who spend a month or so in Bangalore for business that Indian food in India and Indian food here are dramatically different. I seem to recall him saying that they were advised not to eat the local fare.

Mother Teresa spent a lot of time in Calcutta, and she was pretty daggone skinny.

It is enough to make me go carryout only from now on. My fiance and were seated for about 15 minutes before our waitress even acknowledged our existence. We were less than 60 seconds from leaving when she finally showed up.

I also am kind of annoyed at how it is now the "in" place to go in St. Matthews whereas prior to their move at least 70% of the people you see there wouldn't even give the place a second glance.

I'm mainly carry out only myself but have never had an experience quite that bad. At the smaller location I was 95% carry out only with the lone exceptions being days when outdoor dining was pleasant.

On a side note, have you tried the Vietnamese restaurant that moved into the old place?

They are very different when comparing here to there.

LOL, that is what we're told too. I've been 5 times for a month each time. It's hard to eat hotel food for that long. It really depends on where you go. If you go to reputable restaurants you should be fine, although there are exceptions. The ONLY bad food experience I had was on my 2nd trip and it was at TGI Fridays of all places. I knew better, but I ordered a pasta dish. My body was not a happy camper for about 36 hrs.

George likes his chicken spicy! :lol:

What's funny is that this thread has made me think of three separate Seinfeld moments. Obviously, there is the episode at the Chinese restaurant. "Cartwright? Carrrrtriigght???" Then there is the episode where George's parents are trying to blow off his phone call and his mom fakes the "Chinese food!" knock at the door.

Something happens everyday that reminds me of Seinfeld. Today a co-worker did not have TP in the stall and I said "can't spare a square"