UKMustangFan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love me some kitten fried rice. ......errrrrr chicken fried rice. Lol

Kung pao chicken is also very good. I love it all man but limit my intake due to the mass amounts of sodium in that stuff. I eat it and I'm swole like the Kool Aid guy for two days.

Egg drop soup. ltettuce wraps and kung paolo chicken is what I normally ge at PF Chengs.

Someone explain the difference between Chinese & Thai? I've never had the latter, but this thread has piqued my curiosity.

Not sure if I can explain it but I did find a really good Thai restaurant on Fairfield Ave in Bellevue.

Someone explain the difference between Chinese & Thai? I've never had the latter, but this thread has piqued my curiosity.
Thai food is a lot of noodle and rice dishes. You tend to find a lot less breaded/deep fried foods. Lot more "simpler" preparations and much better use of aromatic herbs. Thai food is generally quite spicy. Also you will encounter quite a few curries in many Thai restaurants. This isn't your typical Indian curry, but delicious nonetheless.

I tell most people, if you like Chinese I'm pretty confident you will like Thai food.

Not sure if I can explain it but I did find a really good Thai restaurant on Fairfield Ave in Bellevue.

The Siam Orchid? I may not have ever gotten the right dishes there then, because I was always kind of under-whelmed by the place, to be honest. Nothing I ever had was bad, but I wasn't particularly impressed by any means either.

My daughter & I sometimes go to a Chinese Buffet on Mall Road in Florence. Is there a Thai place very near that? Or do you not know? I'd really like to try a good one just to see.

My daughter & I sometimes go to a Chinese Buffet on Mall Road in Florence. Is there a Thai place very near that? Or do you not know? I'd really like to try a good one just to see.

Just hopped on urbanspoon.com and it looks like there In 6 Thai restaurants in NKY. I've only eaten at 2, and I've heard of two more:

1) Sweet Basil: Crescent Springs - I've eaten here, and it's pretty good Thai. It's not too expensive, but I'd try it at lunch time if you can, just so you can get an idea without spending any more $$ than you have to.

2) Mai Thai: Florence - I haven't been here, but I've heard decent reviews from folks who have.

3) Siam Orchid: Bellevue - The 2 times I've eaten here the dishes I had were fine, but nothing fantastic by any means. Clyde gave it his thumbs up, though, so like I said, maybe I ordered the wrong dish. (Side note, I had a creepy experience there that involved me witnessing a hippie mother nurse her 6 year old son. Weird.)

4) Mae Ploy Thai Cuisine: Cold Spring - Heard a friend of mine say that she and her husband ate there and liked it.

5) China Star: Erlanger - ???

6) Spice Thai and Sushi: Hebron - ??

Where in Cold Spring is Mae Ploy Thai?

That should've said Highland Heights (I just copied off of Urbanspoon). It's right by the Lowes on Alexandria Pike. Used to be a kind of dumpy looking little Chinese take-out place in my college days at NKU. I don't know if it's under new ownership or if they revamped the place or just renamed it...but when I heard it was good it kind of surprised me. I can also tell you that I'm not too sure how much of a foodie status I would apply to the friend that I heard about it from, so you may want to take any kind of recommendation with a grain of salt.