Chinese Food...

UKMustangFan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anything better? I love me some Chinese food.

What's everyone's favorite? Mine has to be the General Tao's chicken, and I'm currently trying to muster up the courage to give sushi a go. :lol:

UKMF, I love it all...literally nothing I won't try. Favorites are General Tao's, Bourbon, Sesame. I also love fried mussels and crab rangoons.

Within the last year or so I have started trying sushi more and more and I really enjoy it as well.

And now I'm craving it all...thanks.

^Crab rangoons are like little slices of heaven...So delicious.

What kind of sushi would you recommend for someone trying it for the first time. I've heard, Philadelphia and California rolls are the most "tame".

I am a sushi lover. For starters, a lot of things you eat in a California Roll, Cucumber Roll or other specialty type are not really what I consider sushi. You may have some imitation crab meat, but nothing you have never tasted. They are good starting points. I think starting with the maguro (tuna) or nigiri (salmon) are pretty safe bets. It will be a slice of the fish over top of rice in which you consume with one bite with some soy and wasabi. Depending upon the restaurant I would order sashimi. In short sashimi are your better cuts of sushi, like the filet on a cow. In good restaurants the fish will literally melt in your mouth. Nothing tastes better.

I would order a California Roll and an order of maguro and nigri for a starter sushi meal.