Obamas Legacy

I agree that it's hard to call any President a failure before his first term in even up. However there is not much he has done that points in the direction of success. If the economy was recovering like we were being spoon fed during the first part of this year then maybe you could look to that as a sign of success. But based on how things are currently and the load he fed us during the last election (as 5wide points out) I don't see how anyone could vote for him again no matter who is on the other side of the ballot.

At this point in his first term, I considered GW Bush the worst president since Jimmy Carter and he won re election. Don't count Obama out. The power of incumbency is becoming more and more difficult to overcome. I think Romney has the best chance to beat Obama but I don't think he can win the nomination.

It's always way too early to make that assessment while any President is still in office. Remember how we were told that Bush's presidency would always be viewed more favorably by future historians because of the long-term implications of the invasion of Iraq? Some of those same people are rushing the judgment now.

I agree. All we can look at now is what we've already seen. We can and do certainly debate that back and forth, but I don't see how you can evaluate a President's legacy when the final chapter has yet to be written--especially when that final chapter may not be for another six years.

At this point in his first term, I considered GW Bush the worst president since Jimmy Carter and he won re election. Don't count Obama out. The power of incumbency is becoming more and more difficult to overcome. I think Romney has the best chance to beat Obama but I don't think he can win the nomination.
What about Bush's first term lead you to that conclusion?