Obamas Legacy

On the economy, I always question how much control a President truly has but I can't see how anyone can disagree that Obama has failed in that area. However, I consider managment (or lack thereof) the budget and debt his greatest failure.

Sure have seen it done with some others, Bush comes to mind...

I don't recall that being done RTS during the third year of his first term. I recall it being done the last two years of his "lame duck" time as president but never when he was in a first term and there was no certainty if his time in office was through.

To me, what I pin on Obama is the contrast between his campaign (hope, change, yes we can) and promises (transparency, etc.) vs. the results to date. A massive health care bill that our own representatives didn't read, much less the regular citizen...how's that for trasnparency?

To be fair, it hasn't all been bad. I applaud him for getting Bin Laden and how he handled that situation.

I don't recall that being done RTS during the third year of his first term. I recall it being done the last two years of his "lame duck" time as president but never when he was in a first term and there was no certainty if his time in office was through.

That's what I was thinking. Too soon to talk legacy.

I agree that it's hard to call any President a failure before his first term in even up. However there is not much he has done that points in the direction of success. If the economy was recovering like we were being spoon fed during the first part of this year then maybe you could look to that as a sign of success. But based on how things are currently and the load he fed us during the last election (as 5wide points out) I don't see how anyone could vote for him again no matter who is on the other side of the ballot.

To me, what I pin on Obama is the contrast between his campaign (hope, change, yes we can) and promises (transparency, etc.) vs. the results to date. A massive health care bill that our own representatives didn't read, much less the regular citizen...how's that for trasnparency?

To be fair, it hasn't all been bad. I applaud him for getting Bin Laden and how he handled that situation.

Wholeheartedly agree! :thumb:

I agree that it's hard to call any President a failure before his first term in even up. However there is not much he has done that points in the direction of success. If the economy was recovering like we were being spoon fed during the first part of this year then maybe you could look to that as a sign of success. But based on how things are currently and the load he fed us during the last election (as 5wide points out) I don't see how anyone could vote for him again no matter who is on the other side of the ballot.
If my options are Obama vs Bachmann I will GLADLY vote for Obama.

It's always way too early to make that assessment while any President is still in office. Remember how we were told that Bush's presidency would always be viewed more favorably by future historians because of the long-term implications of the invasion of Iraq? Some of those same people are rushing the judgment now.