Trinity due to be a preseason top 10 team in Rivals Rankings

jbwill2

It has been confirmed by Rivals that Trinity will enter the season ranked in the top 10. Taking this into consideration (and noting that many of T's starters are only juniors this year), and building upon what was discussed in BGP's Class 6A preseason preview, is Trinity poised to dominate KY in such a way so as to make the rest of KY prep football look like peewee football? And I'm not joking or being sarcastic... Is Trinity even remotely touchable in KY?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly hope they dominate and make a mockery of any team in Kentucky. Perhaps then and only then will the KHSAA take a hard look at establishing two different school leagues, public and private. Trinity's dominance should strengthen this argument.

It has been confirmed by Rivals that Trinity will enter the season ranked in the top 10. Taking this into consideration (and noting that many of T's starters are only juniors this year), and building upon what was discussed in BGP's Class 6A preseason preview, is Trinity poised to dominate KY in such a way so as to make the rest of KY prep football look like peewee football? And I'm not joking or being sarcastic... Is Trinity even remotely touchable in KY?

Highlands should probably cancel the scrimmage now.

I understands what you are saying, but it's not a public-private issue at this point, it's a Trinity-non Trinity issue... T is blowing out the privates as much as they are blowing out the publics at this point.

It's kind of hard to stir up much action about Kentucky football anymore since the state watered down things to 6 classes. I continue to predict that attendance will fall off at games-filtering down to the state championship tilits in the next two or three years. People don't seem to get as juiced about games anymore. Folks still root for their teams and some great individual talent we have in the state...Towles, Pike, Jones, Nussbaum, etc, but there are around a dozen teams that could win the 6 state crowns this year-that's it. The old possibilities of big upsets in classes are gone for good. The Trinity/Highlands SCRIMMAGE has generated the most talk on here.

I understands what you are saying, but it's not a public-private issue at this point, it's a Trinity-non Trinity issue... T is blowing out the privates as much as they are blowing out the publics at this point.

It most certainly is an issue when the publics have to beat the privates for a state championship. HUGE advantage for the privates. HUGE. Anytime you can take kids from out of district and start forming all star teams in the privates, the entire system has lost it's integrity. It becomes more like AAU basketball imo. There are no barriers or borders, they need to have separation. If anyone in their right mind thinks there is no advantage here and it's all fair, then you must be a fan of the privates.

It most certainly is an issue when the publics have to beat the privates for a state championship. HUGE advantage for the privates. HUGE. Anytime you can take kids from out of district and start forming all star teams in the privates, the entire system has lost it's integrity. It becomes more like AAU basketball imo. There are no barriers or borders, they need to have separation. If anyone in their right mind thinks there is no advantage here and it's all fair, then you must be a fan of the privates.

I don't disagree RE. I just wonder how to classify the schools like Beechwood, Highlands, etc that are their own independent school system, yet can accept children from outside their district if they have the availability at the school, and if the parents pay for them to attend school there. A third tier, or throw them in with the private schools? Your thoughts?

It's kind of hard to stir up much action about Kentucky football anymore since the state watered down things to 6 classes. I continue to predict that attendance will fall off at games-filtering down to the state championship tilits in the next two or three years. People don't seem to get as juiced about games anymore. Folks still root for their teams and some great individual talent we have in the state...Towles, Pike, Jones, Nussbaum, etc, but there are around a dozen teams that could win the 6 state crowns this year-that's it. The old possibilities of big upsets in classes are gone for good. The Trinity/Highlands SCRIMMAGE has generated the most talk on here.

I attend alot of high school games in multiple sports and I have seen attendance decline year after year in all sports. I think there are just to many other offerings that take away from game attendance.

While I think T is the class of KY, I think Highlands will make a good showing against them in the scrimmage and would give them some trouble in a real game. Anyone can be beat though, so while T is the heavy favorite in 6A I would never count chickens before the eggs hatch. That said, Trinity seems absolutely loaded. And I'm not and will never be in favor of a public-private separation, I don't see how Trinity being this good hurts KY football. It gives every team something to keep working for, even the other state powers.

I don't see it as a public-private issue at all. Just look at the big public schools in Ohio, they are right there with the privates. 6A public school football in KY is mediocre at best and that is the issue, not Trinity.

Guru and others will point out that Boone County schools could accept kids from other places if they wanted to. Some argue it's a self-imposed limitation. So the issue is not really advantage/disadvantage. KHSAA does not have any rule that forbids public schools from accepting kids from out of the country or district. So who is to blame for this?