How many Senior Starters will your team have to replace next year??

Next year looks promising for JC, we lose 8 seniors in total but have experienced players to put in there spots.

On the offensive side Johnson Central replaces 4 starters:

QB: Shawn Music to be replaced by Junior J.K Ratliff

RB: Ron Blume to be likely replaced by Sophomore Ian Welch

G: Jacob Howard

T: Jeremy Curtis to be likely replaced by Senior Ryan Baldwin

On the Defensive side Johnson Central loses 3 starters:

NG/DL: Derrick Flinchum

LB/DB: Shawn Music

DL: Scott Parrigan

Overall JC returns a very solid group of starter off a 8-3 team that took a much to early exit in the playoffs. JC's success in my opinion will depend on how fast QB J.K. Ratliff matures under pressure. I see JC improving on its 8-2 regular season mark this upcoming year and being on of the two front runners and the other being Ashland in terms of winning the district.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newport only has to fill in at 2 spots on D and a couple on O... 7 i believe ... correct me if this is not true

Newport will replace on offense:

Atkins-TE,PK

Runion-Young-T

Sizemore-Smith-G

Thomas-Huston-WR

Glenn-RB

on Defense they will replace:

Smith-Atkins(sometimes)-DE

Young-DL(sometimes)

Glenn-Huston-CB

They have a few holes to fill but i think Coach Schlarman will get it done with the up coming freshman and returning Wildcats.

Holmes doesn't lose hardly anything from this years team. They have to replace BJ Avery, but after that we don't have to replace to much. OL and DL along with the skill positions are pretty much intact.

That's great news for Holmes as the Line was a real strength this season and should be that much better this season. Returning DJ doesn't hurt either. ;)

Dixie Looses 5 key starters who were directly responsible for our success this season. We are lucky to have kids of excellent character IMO though waiting to take up the torch and step up to the challenge in front of them. The five departing seniors were all impact players though, and we will miss them. They made their mark on Colonel football and so will the next group.

Brady Huenfeld QB/WR/DB/LB

Nick Metzger FB/HB/WR/CB/LB/FS/PR/KR

Scott Gumble TE/LB

Ryan Atchley OL/DL

Adam Huber LB/RB (Goal line)

X will lose numerous starters as usual. Offense : 7 starters plus key subs in rotation but have good experience on line and of course Vic coming back. The toughest replacement is Brent curley - great leader and a winner! Defense: 10 starters plus key guys in rotation... hear the defense will/could be very strong next year. D-line supposed to have great potential. Glaser does a great job of getting the younger guys game experience so they are ready to step in. As always, Tigers just re-load!

I would love to have a player such as Zoeller step up to take over at QB. Looks like X will be just fine in that department. Does not hurt to have Vic in the backfield to hand the ball to and lighten the load for a new starter at QB early on. :sssh:

I would love to have a player such as Zoeller step up to take over at QB. Looks like X will be just fine in that department. Does not hurt to have Vic in the backfield to hand the ball to and lighten the load for a new starter at QB early on. :sssh:

:thumb:

This will be an INTERESTING year in 06!

It will be interesting, to say the least, to see which sophomores and juniors will step up and fill these positions. This is pretty much what every team has to have happen every year to compete. Those players that got some varsity snaps this season should be fine and some of the "surprises" you get every off season will help fill all the needs. A little more speed and toughness, a lot more teamwork and everything works out fine. One thing the group of juniors and sophomores DO NOT lack is good work ethic.

I believe Trinity brings back quite a bit of its Defense. However, T loses the majority of its skill players. I guess somewhat similar to the 2003 season when Trinity lost the vast majority of it RB's and WR's but Brohm returned, went 0-4 but regrouped to win state. Well I hope so of course. :D

With a base like T has to pull new starters from? Anyone who watched the T junior varsity this year knows you are sandbagging. :laugh:

It will be interesting, to say the least, to see which sophomores and juniors will step up and fill these positions. This is pretty much what every team has to have happen every year to compete. Those players that some some varsity snaps this season should be fine and some of the "surprises" you get every off season will help fill all the needs. A little more speed and toughness, a lot more teamwork and everything works out fine. One thing the group of juniors and sophomores DO NOT lack is good work ethic.

The situation reminds me a lot of Manual coming into my senior season, in what was supposed to be a down year.

Manual replaces 31 seniors

Starters Offense:

OL-5 , QB, FB, HB-2

Only the TE is a returning starter.

Starters Defense:

DL-3, LB -4 or 3 changed during the year, DB-1 or 2 changed during the year.

Only a DL, and a LB/DB that part-time started and was the same person return on defense.

On special teams the top 2 PAT/FG kickers graduate, as well as all the top return men, the punter returns.

Manual essentially returns 3 starters.

We are losing the top 6 in rushing yards, top receiver and 3rd, 4th, and 5th best receivers, top 2 passers, leader in interceptions, top 4 punt returners, 4 of top 5 kickoff returners, top 6 in scoring, top 7 in total offense, top 8 in all purpose yards, top 6 in tackles, and both kickers.

Wow, spring ball is going to be fun, almost every position will be up for grabs.

It couldn't look any worse could it? Maybe with these statistics to help, we can get Trinity, St. X and Male to schedule their JVs to play Manual on fridays next season. :laugh:

With a base like T has to pull new starters from? Anyone who watched the T junior varsity this year knows you are sandbagging. :laugh:

It won't be the strength it was this year, but not exactly a weakness either. :thumb:

It won't be the strength it was this year, but not exactly a weakness either. :thumb:

Unless some players left from early in the JV season, I saw plenty of speed at the skill positions, size in both lines and size and speed at LB and RB. I am waiting for a response from someone in Rocknation.

It will be interesting, to say the least, to see which sophomores and juniors will step up and fill these positions. This is pretty much what every team has to have happen every year to compete. Those players that got some varsity snaps this season should be fine and some of the "surprises" you get every off season will help fill all the needs. A little more speed and toughness, a lot more teamwork and everything works out fine. One thing the group of juniors and sophomores DO NOT lack is good work ethic.

That's VERY nice to hear!

I'm in agreement with 02ram, this does sound quite a bit like the '01 team.