How many Senior Starters will your team have to replace next year??

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beleive Russell will have to fill 7 on Offense...someone correct me if im wrong and 7 on Defense

I think of those 7 they played both ways. I think there were 2 other that started 1 way on O and D respectively. And we only had 11 seniors. :eek:

X will lose numerous starters as usual. Offense : 7 starters plus key subs in rotation but have good experience on line and of course Vic coming back. The toughest replacement is Brent curley - great leader and a winner! Defense: 10 starters plus key guys in rotation... hear the defense will/could be very strong next year. D-line supposed to have great potential. Glaser does a great job of getting the younger guys game experience so they are ready to step in. As always, Tigers just re-load!

Senior Starters by position at Henry Clay:

QB: Salin Simpson

RB: Rod Johnson

TE: Sam Gardner

OL: Chris Hawkins, Case Allin, Scott McCarty, Matt Breen and Jermaine Birch

DL: Jermaine Birch, Patrick Jones, Chris Hawkins, Rod Johnson, Sam Gardner. Last 3 started multiple games, but mostly in the playoffs.

LB: Case Allin, Ryan Breen

DB: Lyle Wolf

X will lose numerous starters as usual. Offense : 7 starters plus key subs in rotation but have good experience on line and of course Vic coming back. The toughest replacement is Brent curley - great leader and a winner! Defense: 10 starters plus key guys in rotation... hear the defense will/could be very strong next year. D-line supposed to have great potential. Glaser does a great job of getting the younger guys game experience so they are ready to step in. As always, Tigers just re-load!

Freshman D was unbelievable...they scored like 48 points and had 28 INTs

I think of those 7 they played both ways. I think there were 2 other that started 1 way on O and D respectively. And we only had 11 seniors. :eek:

When you throw #'s out like that, you make it look like we have to replace an entire team & start over & that, by a long shot, is not the case...There are several players returning with substantial experience...In McGlone's system, some who don't start end up playing as much or more than some who do and I'm not talking about cleanup time in the second half of games...Russell has some fine players to replace but that's no different than any other year...The great news is we ALWAYS have people waiting to step up and fill those positions...The beat goes on at Russell...Life went on without Gross & it will certainly go on next year as well...Players will be missed but just look at the players returning who played a lot this year...Kasey Clark rb/db, Jacob Sizemore end/db/p, Josh Wills g/lb, Ethan Gullett c/ol, Toby Hicks t/c, Tyler Jones de/qb/rb, Nick Lewis rb/db, Marcus Frazier db/rb, Aaron Beekman lb/rb, Dwaine Evans k/fg, Jason Dolly k...Those are the ones off the top of my head who played big time minutes this year...There are certainly more who played more limited action but that's 9 core players plus 2 kickers...Remember, most players go both ways at this level so even if some don't, that's an awfully strong nucleus of players to build around...

It looks like we will be reloading again next year!!

Mboro loses 2 Sr starters, both played both sides of the ball, but both were subbed for regularly.

18 of 22 starting positions will return, with a lot of experience back at the other 4. '06 should be the most veteran Jacket team since '03, when they had 16 Srs.

Downside is how many of those 18 were Freshman and Sophs in '05. Upside is about 10 of 22 positions should be filled by Srs next season - enough for a solid veteran core, few enough for graduation not to be as devastating as it was after the '03 season (only 3 Sr starters in '04, only 2 in '05). I'm looking forward to it.

HHS loses 4 on offense (Qb, Center,WR and TE) 5 on defense ( 2 DE's, LB, 2DB's)

At one db spot, Spencer Head a junior started part of the season at db. At lb, we lost Beck, but lots of underclassman got a lot of playing time at that lb spot also. At the de spot, depending on what they do with Andrew Roller, he may end up as either a returning starting guard, at the de spot or as a lb. He got real game playing time at both of those defensive positions. If Matt Rogers returns to the team, if Evan Egan stays healthy or if Alex Hempling gets stronger and improves his foot speed (or any of the other underclassmen step up), my guess is that Andrew will play defense next year at either the de or lb spot although he did a fine job on the o line this year. Tyler Owens got a lot of playing time at the de spot also. So its not like we are putting fresh faces in the game. And if Trey Jurgens Joe Fitzgerald have strong off seasons, they could be wicked at the de spot next year. Candidly I think we only have a couple of true question marks heading into spring ball for which there are plenty of talented candidates. The qb spot for sure. A cornerback spot. The center. And a defensive end position. Assuming the underclassmen work their tails off this off season (and my guess is that, with the way this season ended, they will) most of the other spots will be well taken care of.

We have a lot to replace here at the Briar Patch we have lost a lot of players. Chad Hinton at the linebacker spot. Ray Norman and Scottie Newell who could play both sides and provided a spark on offense. Matt Salmons who played some very good defense. On the line we lost Kyle Mccoy and Jared Rhodus the starting center and tackle. Also John Jones who was the noseguard on defense. We aslo lose Kyle Spears who was outside linebacker also Chris Ledford which was very good on defense. I think we will be able to re group get are work done in the weight room and be just as good if not better then last year.