Jeter Fan May Owe $14K in Taxes.

FC

I dont get to negotiate for my contract every so often. I get paid what they say I get paid. Not complaining, I love my job. But hes right...Jeter held out this past off season for every penny of almost $20 million per season. He can fork over some cash if i catch that ball.
But, you aren't forced to work there. And thus can leave and sell yourself to other "teams" if you'd like to.

It's worth noting that I wouldn't have given away the ball either.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What HT said.

It was an unselfish act that was stupid to me Saturday and is even stupider to me now. I'd rather be out of debt and not have to come up with 14K more for taxes just so I could look like a great unselfish guy. The starting bid would be 250K.

I would've asked Jeter.

Does this ball mean anything to you, because if not I'm selling it to make a ton of money?

Some guys, like Barry Bonds, didn't really care about the baseball. (I think it was Bonds)

The look on Jeter's face in his picture with the guy looked like he would rather be sitting at home on his sofa.

No taxes, it was a gift as he demanded nothing. Any good tax accountant or attorney wins this hands down. IRS won't pursue something like this where the publicity will kill them. Old IRS would have though.

Somebody still has to pay for the accountant or attorney.

Goes to show you, ain't nothin' free.

I called someone an Idiot back in the 9th grade, and quit doing it. The guy wanted to do something nice, and you don't know how this act might come back to him 10 folds more than he has recieved, maybe he will meet a nice lady and have some great kids, get a great job later on.

But, I might have listened for an offer, the Yanks/DJ could have done a lot more than they did., but is he an idiot? Nope.

I called someone an Idiot back in the 9th grade, and quit doing it. The guy wanted to do something nice, and you don't know how this act might come back to him 10 folds more than he has recieved, maybe he will meet a nice lady and have some great kids, get a great job later on.But, I might have listened for an offer, the Yanks/DJ could have done a lot more than they did., but is he an idiot? Nope.

And how would that have anything at all to do with this?

^Oh, so that's the only way he'd ever be able to have any of those things happen? :rolleyes:

I'm starting to believe so. I'm going to start saving kittens, feeding the homeless, and clothing the poor because I need some karma after the last 3 or 4 women I've been involved with :lol:. Brownie points are brownie points my man. :thumb:

I called someone an Idiot back in the 9th grade, and quit doing it. The guy wanted to do something nice, and you don't know how this act might come back to him 10 folds more than he has recieved, maybe he will meet a nice lady and have some great kids, get a great job later on.

But, I might have listened for an offer, the Yanks/DJ could have done a lot more than they did., but is he an idiot? Nope.

:thumb: Good acts always have value, for both parties. I feel sorry for those that are so stuck inside themselves that they cannot do what's right and think only of how things will benefit them.

:thumb: Good acts always have value, for both parties. I feel sorry for those that are so stuck inside themselves that they cannot do what's right and think only of how things will benefit them.

What is right? 'The right thing to do' in this situation is a matter of opinion.