Shaq Retires ...On Twitter

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, Shaq didn't really make the decision - his body retired him.

It would have been nice to see him work a little harder on that body. IMO one of the most talented players in NBA history and a player who could have achieved more. Seeing him in the LSU days was a sight to behold for sure.

Shaq's final's averages during the Laker's three-peat:

35.9 PPG, 15.2 RPG, 2.9 BPG, 60% FGs. Has anyone ever dominated the Finals like that? Good grief.

No, they have not. D. Wade had an impressive run his final four games in '06, averaging about 40, but Shaq was just an unstoppable force of nature. Absolute monster and the most dominating player I have ever seen.

Problem with Shaq was he only gave full effort about half the time and would let himself get out of shape if he did not care. To the point he forced himself out of L.A. Kobe is smiling today.

No, they have not. D. Wade had an impressive run his final four games in '06, averaging about 40, but Shaq was just an unstoppable force of nature. Absolute monster and the most dominating player I have ever seen.

Problem with Shaq was he only gave full effort about half the time and would let himself get out of shape if he did not care. To the point he forced himself out of L.A. Kobe is smiling today.

Yep. Kobe will end with 5 rings and Shaq with 4.

And yes, had Shaq cared about the game as much as he did entertaining then he could have gone down as the GOAT or #2 of all time. Imagine his numbers if he would have shot 75% from the free throw line......Imagine his ring total if he could have kept his ego in check at Orlando, LA and Miami and coexist with Penny, Kobe and Wade......Imagine his ring total if he would have kept himself in the best shape possible in Phoenix, Cleveland and Boston. Everyone talks about how lovable he was and he was such an ambassador to the game but his actions as a teammate are way worse than anything LBJ has done yet LBJ gets vilified and Shaq gets a pass because of Shaq's personality. A major reason why I don't care if a guy is a tool or not. I care about your play on the court and for me, Shaq was a disappointment. He could have been and should have been so much better. But no one ever talks about that. Glad 'The Big Fraud' is gone.

Shaq was also an impossible player to referee. A lot of it was laziness, but there were many times he would just be standing there and called for a foul simply because he outweighed the opposing center by 150 lbs. On the other side of things, he would get absolutely punished and often times nothing was called because of his size, which was not fair. FTs he worked tremendously hard at, but just painful to watch. Great entertainer and hilarious to listen to though.

Shaq was also an impossible player to referee. A lot of it was laziness, but there were many times he would just be standing there and called for a foul simply because he outweighed the opposing center by 150 lbs. On the other side of things, he would get absolutely punished and often times nothing was called because of his size, which was not fair. FTs he worked tremendously hard at, but just painful to watch. Great entertainer and hilarious to listen to though.

Agree on all points.