TV Executives Admit That Hollywood Pushes a Liberal Agenda

O'Reilly may be a bully, but I do not see him as some kind of right wing loon. Hannity, I give you. Though I think a lot of his is for entertainment purposes.

Very true. I even think O'Reilly claims the Independent party but he seems to lean to the right. I remember him calling for a boycott of Pepsi because they used the rapper Ludacris in their commercials and Pepsi eventually dropped him. He also went after the rapper NaS as well. His close minded attitude grates me because he creates a new close minded disciple every time his show airs.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly how I feel. No wonder we get along so well PP. But you'll never get a conservative/republican to disagree with Fox News. Most liberals I know are not that way with liberal stations. Fox News is the most unprofessional station of all, IMO. Everything always has a slant, and they have never supported Obama. Not when he was elected, not ever. The man could personally cure cancer and aids and end poverty and he'd still be slammed.

I've never met a conservative who enjoyed Fox News. :idunno: Let me guess, you feel stations like CNN and MSNBC are credible and unbiased right?

Fact is, Fox News leans heavily right. CNN and to an even greater extent MSNBC lean heavily left. MSNBC might as well have been renamed the "Obama Cheerleading Network" during the last election/campaign. Is that one guys leg still tingling from Obama's speech? :lol:

It always confuses how people say they never watch MSNBC, FoxNews, etc. yet they have strong views about them.

Let me add in the word regularly then. I have seen enough to not want to watch it regularly or have my politics swayed by either network. I'll leave that to Huffington Post and Bill Maher.

I have seen Two and a Half Men but I don't watch it.(regularly)

I've never met a conservative who enjoyed Fox News. :idunno: Let me guess, you feel stations like CNN and MSNBC are credible and unbiased right?

Fact is, Fox News leans heavily right. CNN and to an even greater extent MSNBC lean heavily left. MSNBC might as well have been renamed the "Obama Cheerleading Network" during the last election/campaign. Is that one guys leg still tingling from Obama's speech? :lol:

BINGO!

Did I say that? Pretty sure that I haven't ever said that on here or anywhere else. I take all major news stations with a grain of salt. I agree with alot of liberal viewpoints and ideologies, but I am overall unaffiliated because I think hardcore conservatives and liberals are sickening to watch, listen to, or talk with about politics.

But the fact is that if you only watch or believe one of the major stations, you're going to be really uninformed and even more biased that the average bear.

To the original idea of the thread I think it makes sense for Hollywood to push a more liberal agenda. I think liberal ideology is easier to write about for Hollywood, because most people are going to have a definite opinion on most of the subjects they will use. Makes for a better story, which leads to more money.

Did I say that? Pretty sure that I haven't ever said that on here or anywhere else. I take all major news stations with a grain of salt. I agree with alot of liberal viewpoints and ideologies, but I am overall unaffiliated because I think hardcore conservatives and liberals are sickening to watch, listen to, or talk with about politics.

But the fact is that if you only watch or believe one of the major stations, you're going to be really uninformed and even more biased that the average bear.

So, you agree that MSNBC is as bad or worse than Fox and CNN is just as bad if not extremely close behind?

So, you agree that MSNBC is as bad or worse than Fox and CNN is just as bad if not extremely close behind?

No I believe all three are close but in order of worst to best I would go: Fox, MSNBC, then CNN. I think that may have alot to do with the President that is in office though.

However, I think that supporting the country no matter what should be important. And the conservatives I know push that way harder than the liberals I know. Yet, Fox News slams the President. Hypocrites, IMO. I'm of the mindset that at some point you do actually need to support and respect the man leading your country, unless he is proven to be a tyrant like Hitler or Bin Laden. Obama can be called many things, but a villain I think not. JMO

To the original idea of the thread I think it makes sense for Hollywood to push a more liberal agenda. I think liberal ideology is easier to write about for Hollywood, because most people are going to have a definite opinion on most of the subjects they will use. Makes for a better story, which leads to more money.

I am not understanding what you mean here.

No I believe all three are close but in order of worst to best I would go: Fox, MSNBC, then CNN. I think that may have alot to do with the President that is in office though.

However, I think that supporting the country no matter what should be important. And the conservatives I know push that way harder than the liberals I know. Yet, Fox News slams the President. Hypocrites, IMO. I'm of the mindset that at some point you do actually need to support and respect the man leading your country, unless he is proven to be a tyrant like Hitler or Bin Laden. Obama can be called many things, but a villain I think not. JMO

You're right, it has to do with who's in office because MSNBC is hard core liberal cheerleader much more than a news channel. In fact, of the three, MSNBC being called a news channel is really a stretch. Fox and CNN, I find to be about equally guilty. Both lean a certain way, but both at least attempt to be a news channel.

I can only speak for myself on here. I don't like Obama the politician. I don't agree with his views, I don't like his agendas. He is my president, he has my support as my president, unless I have a problem with what he's doing. I like some things he's done, but disagree with most of what he's done.

I am not understanding what you mean here.

While the quotes used in the article are pathetic, I could see alot of the issues talked about as money-makers and not just an anti-conservative angle. The article talks of things like homosexuality, marijuana use, things like that. Think of a super hero, what is one of the most appealing things about them? They don't use or need guns, a liberal issue. Abortion is a big issue on television and movies. I think it makes sense to use a liberal agenda, because I think in America liberal viewpoints are much more controversial as a whole.

This is exactly how I feel. No wonder we get along so well PP. But you'll never get a conservative/republican to disagree with Fox News. Most liberals I know are not that way with liberal stations. Fox News is the most unprofessional station of all, IMO. Everything always has a slant, and they have never supported Obama. Not when he was elected, not ever. The man could personally cure cancer and aids and end poverty and he'd still be slammed.

That sounds like something mountain ref would say only the other way around. "The other side is a bunch of lockstep morons, but our side is the enlightened one full of people who make their own decisions politically at all times," is essentially what you are saying. Don't get on one side for generalizing the left and then do the exact same thing to the right.

For what it's worth I don't watch any TV news, I get all my info online.

You're right, it has to do with who's in office because MSNBC is hard core liberal cheerleader much more than a news channel. In fact, of the three, MSNBC being called a news channel is really a stretch. Fox and CNN, I find to be about equally guilty. Both lean a certain way, but both at least attempt to be a news channel.

I can only speak for myself on here. I don't like Obama the politician. I don't agree with his views, I don't like his agendas. He is my president, he has my support as my president, unless I have a problem with what he's doing. I like some things he's done, but disagree with most of what he's done.

The way you described MSNBC is right IMO. However, I feel that Fox is the same thing while pretending they are a real news station. I think at this time they are way more extreme as a whole. I'd be ashamed to work for or admit to being a fan of either station to be honest.

That sounds like something mountain ref would say only the other way around. "The other side is a bunch of lockstep morons, but our side is the enlightened one full of people who make their own decisions politically at all times," is essentially what you are saying. Don't get on one side for generalizing the left and then do the exact same thing to the right.

For what it's worth I don't watch any TV news, I get all my info online.

Did I say Republicans/conservatives were stupid or that liberals had all the answers? Hardcore liberals are almost as sickening to listen to about politics as hardcore conservatives are IMO. I should have clarified that I was talking about the Republicans I know personally, rather than making it seem like a general statement. But, I do not know a single conservative (that is at least moderately interested in politics) that doesn't think Fox News is the end all be all of news. I do know plenty of liberals who think MSNBC or other liberal stations are garbage. Just speaking from my experience, just to clarify.