Bellevue does it Again

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in their right mind would want to coach this program? It has been nothing but a revolving door for the last 10 years or so. Now that Mike Listerman is available, might he be pursuaded to take this program over. IMO the best person for this job would be an alum who would have a passion to restore the program back to its glory days. Do you hear me calling your name Q and/or ABC?

Glory Days of Bellevue athletics???? When was that? I know they rank near the bottom in CATS testing scores in one of the most undereducated states in the country. I would be ashamed to cash my paycheck if I worked in the Bellevue School System administration.

Glory days - Bellevue is known for there great football teams and track teams = late 60's, mid 70's-early 80's and early-mid 90's. Basketball has only 2 regional championships - 1 in the 30's and 1 in the 40's, had a great team in 80-81 with Doug Miller and company, but I would not refer to the basketball program as glory days. This coming from an alum of the bball program.

The community needs to look at the board of education. The pay the super receives is ridiculous for a school with no buses. He is 44th out of 174 school districts, he is $10,000 higher than the state average and has yet to show any improvements in the academic side or athletic side of the school system. It seems contentment is abound all across the board

Glory Days of Bellevue athletics???? When was that? I know they rank near the bottom in CATS testing scores in one of the most undereducated states in the country. I would be ashamed to cash my paycheck if I worked in the Bellevue School System administration.

State championships in football and track are pretty obvious over the past 30 yrs if you open your eyes and come out of the fog. There is a lot of pride in the Tiger Athletic program and there is no reason to rip on the school for having low test scores. They are working hard at improving them by allowing teachers from other schools to come in and do training with the current staff on how to improve in that area. You have to look at the socioeconomic picture as well. Its easy to sit on the high horse in Ft. Thomas where many educated folks flock because they know the schools are good and look down on a river city where hard working people who have pride in their city work just as hard and care just as much about their schools. Instead of calling it an embarrassment we should be looking at the positives and hoping that our fellow neighbors can improve and create better opportunities for the kids who dont have the same luxuries that kids do in other cities like Ft. Thomas.

State championships in football and track are pretty obvious over the past 30 yrs

Bellevue did win a couple of football titles thirty something years ago, and had a little success in basketball over half a century ago....and I guess they won a couple races.

But the reality is that Bellevue, Newport and Dayton should be combined. They could probably put together a competetive school. They would have enough students to allow them to stop catering to the kids and their parents. If the kids didn't want to act right, ship them to the Campbell correctional school. That way the teachers could get something done in the classroom and the enabling of these students and parents could be thwarted. I do not think it is a snub of the nose to point out that other cities in just as bad (worse in many cases) socieoeconomic situations are getting it done in the classroom while places like Bellevue and Newport continue to fall behind.

Of course it would make too much sense to combine the three...you would save too much money by not paying 3 Principals, 3 Superintendants...etc

State championships in football and track are pretty obvious over the past 30 yrs if you open your eyes and come out of the fog. There is a lot of pride in the Tiger Athletic program and there is no reason to rip on the school for having low test scores. They are working hard at improving them by allowing teachers from other schools to come in and do training with the current staff on how to improve in that area. You have to look at the socioeconomic picture as well. Its easy to sit on the high horse in Ft. Thomas where many educated folks flock because they know the schools are good and look down on a river city where hard working people who have pride in their city work just as hard and care just as much about their schools. Instead of calling it an embarrassment we should be looking at the positives and hoping that our fellow neighbors can improve and create better opportunities for the kids who dont have the same luxuries that kids do in other cities like Ft. Thomas.

I agree Q. I see Bellevue as a city and school system working very hard at getting better and there is a lot of upside in the community. There will be ups and downs along the way but I think Bellevue is a nice community that is improving every year.

Q I will agree with parts of this. But the fact remains the leadership of Bellevue Schools is not equipped to lead high academic chamges. Look at the scores. They were vastly improving for four years but in the last three they have tanked and will not get better under the current leadership. They are losing high avcademic as well as some athletes as soon as they hit the middle school. The bottom line is hiring your buddies does not make your academics or your athletics better. Now as far as basketball is concerned they need to get someone like Rob Sanders has done for baseball to do for basketball.................command respect.............command they play hard............and stay for more than a year or two.

Bellevue did win a couple of football titles thirty something years ago, and had a little success in basketball over half a century ago....and I guess they won a couple races.

But the reality is that Bellevue, Newport and Dayton should be combined. They could probably put together a competetive school. They would have enough students to allow them to stop catering to the kids and their parents. If the kids didn't want to act right, ship them to the Campbell correctional school. That way the teachers could get something done in the classroom and the enabling of these students and parents could be thwarted. I do not think it is a snub of the nose to point out that other cities in just as bad (worse in many cases) socieoeconomic situations are getting it done in the classroom while places like Bellevue and Newport continue to fall behind.

Of course it would make too much sense to combine the three...you would save too much money by not paying 3 Principals, 3 Superintendants...etc

I can't imagine that happening. It sure would be an interesting environment

So what you are saying is that each of these schools have low scores because they dont have control of their classrooms? What other cities with the same socioeconomic conditions are getting it done? Covington? NO Lloyd? NO, Ludlow may be the only exception but that is because they have had a great administration there since the early 90's and it has carried over.

You will see pigs fly before you see Bellevue/Dayton and Newport consolidate.

Godie- Interviews are currently taking place.

Goaheadandjump- I will agree with you to the point that the scores dont lie and that the sports programs should follow suit with what Rob Sanders has done with that baseball program. I thinkn the entire Administration probably needs cleaned out. I think Starnes has a lot of good intentions but he is a Newport guy originally and is riding out the final years of his career.

Not the AD.................they have been through what 5 or 6 AD's in the last ten years. And one of those was there for around 4 years. I think the lack of success in testing, hiring teachers and coaches who stay, etc. speaks volumes about higher level leadership. As an FYI the elementary school in the district is one of the top elemetary schools from a test score standpoint in the state. All I am saying is kids do not get dumb when walking from Grandview Elementary to the middle/high school.

I think the lack of success in testing, hiring teachers and coaches who stay, etc. speaks volumes about higher level leadership. As an FYI the elementary school in the district is one of the top elemetary schools from a test score standpoint in the state. All I am saying is kids do not get dumb when walking from Grandview Elementary to the middle/high school.

Okay, I am going to say something that will sound very politically incorrect.

But I think some of the problem could stem from the newport projects being torn down and a lot of those families moving to cheap apartments in Bellevue.

Okay, I am going to say something that will sound very politically incorrect.

But I think some of the problem could stem from the newport projects being torn down and a lot of those families moving to cheap apartments in Bellevue.

The amount of rental properties in Bellevue has always affected the school system's performance. Many are in and out of the city in 2 or 3 yrs and there is no sense of community when you have that. Not the entire problem but a major one if you ask me.