Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bellevue does it Again

Featured Replies

Glory Days of Bellevue athletics???? When was that? I know they rank near the bottom in CATS testing scores in one of the most undereducated states in the country. I would be ashamed to cash my paycheck if I worked in the Bellevue School System administration.

 

This is absurd. Last I checked, any job that pays, offers a paycheck that is worth being cashed (especially nowadays). Typical HHS attitude. Wow.

 

Last I checked, this website it primarily about sports.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rumor I heard was Coach Sorrell didn't get the job. Can anyone confirm? He seemed like the obvious canidate to me.

The rumor I heard was Coach Sorrell didn't get the job. Can anyone confirm? He seemed like the obvious canidate to me.

 

Why would Sorrell be the obvious candidate? I don't know him at all, just curious.

 

Who got the job?

Why would Sorrell be the obvious candidate? I don't know him at all, just curious.

 

Who got the job?

 

 

His experience, dedication to the school and the program, he practically provides all financial support needed to run his program thru his own fund raising and a coach that actually demands respect on and off the court while actually teaching the game and being successful at it. And most importantly wants to be there and will stay. Oh well another decision that leaves me guessing......... :confused: Oh and by the way word on the street is the JV Boys coach from last year got hired - great guy I do wish him the best maybe he'll bring back Coach Menefee. Wouldn't that be the icing on the cake!! Cake - get it, LOL :laugh:

Rockstar I hate to admit it but if Coach Sorrell wanted the job and did not get it they are stupid.

Why would Coach sorrel want the job?

 

So has someone been hired?

Jimmy Hicks?

 

Jimmy Hicks? The one at Grant?

If they snubbed Sorrell after all hes done for the school then they may be looking at filling the girls job as well. I know ten yrs of dedication would mean something to me if I were hiring.

Jimmy Hicks? The one at Grant?

 

No I think its a different one. Hicks is a former Highlands guy who I believe played with Menefee in the early 90's. How coaching JV for a yr or two qualifies you to be a Head Varsity coach is beyond me though.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

No I think its a different one. Hicks is a former Highlands guy who I believe played with Menefee in the early 90's. How coaching JV for a yr or two qualifies you to be a Head Varsity coach is beyond me though.

 

Who else do you think you're gonna get to take this job? Everybody knows the situation at Bellvue and those that didn't would definately be weary of taking this job after a little research on Bluegrasspreps.

Who else do you think you're gonna get to take this job? Everybody knows the situation at Bellvue and those that didn't would definately be weary of taking this job after a little research on Bluegrasspreps.

 

BGP is fun and all, but 100% accurate....I think not!

Who else do you think you're gonna get to take this job? Everybody knows the situation at Bellvue and those that didn't would definately be weary of taking this job after a little research on Bluegrasspreps.

 

I think they had a guy who would have been a great fit. Tommy Sorrell the current Girls HC who has raised over $20,000 for the program over the past 8 yrs in private fundraising and has been with the program for 10 yrs. He is a Bellevue guy who from what I understand had a committment from former longtime coach Mike Swauger who would have been his right hand man. I dont know much about Hicks or his background but I just know Sorrell would have been a solid choice who has community ties. His nephew is Ricky Buckler who broke the Bellevue Rushing record a couple years ago in football.

My wife works with Mrs. Swauger and she said that Coach Swauger definitely was not going anybody's staff at Bellevue. Also, after a little investigating on KHSAA the girls program has been very successful over the last few seasons, I think the best record was .500 or a little below. Call me crazy but if he can't be successful as a girls coach, what would make him successful as the boys' coach.

 

This why, I wonder why Bellevue people automatically think Bellevue people should get the coaching jobs. I know they have the Michigan wings, but wasn't aware they had the Michigan mentality.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.