Bellevue does it Again

My wife works with Mrs. Swauger and she said that Coach Swauger definitely was not going anybody's staff at Bellevue. Also, after a little investigating on KHSAA the girls program has been very successful over the last few seasons, I think the best record was .500 or a little below. Call me crazy but if he can't be successful as a girls coach, what would make him successful as the boys' coach.

This why, I wonder why Bellevue people automatically think Bellevue people should get the coaching jobs. I know they have the Michigan wings, but wasn't aware they had the Michigan mentality.

EF- Okay ! I will call you crazy ! You are waaaay off base here.... your wife might work with somebody's wife, but you are totally off base and WRONG in the direction your taking this post.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife works with Mrs. Swauger and she said that Coach Swauger definitely was not going anybody's staff at Bellevue. Also, after a little investigating on KHSAA the girls program has been very successful over the last few seasons, I think the best record was .500 or a little below. Call me crazy but if he can't be successful as a girls coach, what would make him successful as the boys' coach.

This why, I wonder why Bellevue people automatically think Bellevue people should get the coaching jobs. I know they have the Michigan wings, but wasn't aware they had the Michigan mentality.

So hire a JV coach with NO VARSITY experience? Nice arguement.

Several points here.

Also, after a little investigating on KHSAA the girls program has been very successful over the last few seasons, I think the best record was .500 or a little below. Call me crazy but if he can't be successful as a girls coach, what would make him successful as the boys' coach.

It seems that you didn't do all your research. After seeing this I went back and looked and from what I can tell, the girls have a much tougher schedule than the boys did the last three years. This year the girls play Campbell twice, Dixie, Holy Cross, Brossart, Knoxx Central. That looks like a pretty tough schedule, and to add to that, I believe their best player Arnzen was hurt and didn't play in the final 10 games. Also, I didn't know you had to win as a girls coach to be successful enough to coach boys?????

Well lets see, they've had 7 coaches the last 11 years not hiring a Bellevue person. Doesn't look like that is working!

I do not think it has to be a "Bellevue guy." What the job called for was someone to give the program stability, good coaching, and show an interest in being around for awhile and/or showing that they would not have to be let go after a few years ( or one season). Coach Sorrell would fit all these qualities.