Bellevue does it Again

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did he resign?

There is a thread that discussed the district tourney game. I am sure what was said in that thread plus some other issues raised by parents had a lot to do with this. I am speculating but that is my guess. Good young coach maybe needed time as an assistant before jumping into a head coaches job...still.....................Bellevue needs stability in the coaching ranks.

As far as hiring a graduate Tommy Sorrell is a very good example as to what this can lead to.............he is a stable para professional who will be coaching the girls (and coaching them well) for as many years as he wants. Several years ago they could have moved him up as he was the boys varsity assistant but instead brought in Kent Vories.

Sounds like it was a resign or your fired situation. Pretty sad. Whoever is hired will make the 7th coach in 10 years-can't build anything that way. That community deserves better out of their decision makers.

That community can't support what a minority of parents supported last year in the District Game. That snapshot shows me that there was never much support from the parents for their coach. Building a team starts w/ building civic pride behind them. Bellevue High School certainly does not appear to have that compared to the early 90s or even into the beginning of the new millenium.