Liggins Considering Leaving

Clyde

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think maybe he will throw his name in, go to the works outs for the experience and see how he stands, but he will be back.

At a minimum he will enter the draft. Same goes for Miller. They'd be wasting a valuable opportunity if they didn't at least attend a few workouts...

You have to keep in mind a few things regarding Liggins.

For one he is no spring chicken. I am too lazy to look it up but I would venture to say he is roughly 23 years old right now.

Another factor is that he has a new baby which complicates matters.

Sure he has a few things he can work on, but will his stock be any higher than it is now?

No one has mentioned the bolded part from LABS. Factor in that Liggins came from a less than desirable economic background and you can see why he might be interested in earning a check. My thought is that his game would benefit from another college season, but next year's draft could be hard to crack into. This might be his best shot.

Evidence? You'd need NBA advanced statistics for that. I'd be interested to see his stats at the rim against top defenses. I don't theink they'd be that good. And I certainly do not think he could do it in the NBA. NBA sscouts obviously agree. As a matter of fact I'll see what my scout buddy has to say, I'll take his eval over just about anyone's.

That has NOTHING to do with us being "scared" when he has the ball. His FG%, 3PT% and Assist/TO ratio prove your "feeling" wrong.

I agree with most posters above that Liggins did a good job on Walker. Honestly, I will take that game out of Walker every time and like my chances versus U Conn. Especially since the other defenders kept Lamb pretty well in check also. Liggins can play defense and be an attractive asset in that area to an NBA team.

I actually see Liggins being better suited to the NBA than college. His game is a more open court game. I see some of the same things in Liggins that I did in Rondo. Now please do not take that to mean he is going to be as good as Rondo. But I always thought Rondo would be a better player in the pros than he was in college and I say the same thing about Liggins. Along those lines, who would you all say is a better shooter in college - Liggins or Rondo? Personally, I think right now Liggins is shooting it better than Rondo did at UK. But shooting is definitely a weakness for Liggins. The thing Rondo had that is no where to be found in Liggins' game is finishing on penetration - either at the rim, with a pull up floater or a nice assist inside. The only area I have seen any of that from Liggins is in the inside assists. His game is no where near being NBA ready on the offensive end but he is a capable ball handler with an intriguing NBA body. And we all know the NBA will usually draft on size and perceived potential over a more polished less potential player. So I could see a team taking a flyer on Liggins at the end of round two. I think Liggins should declare, go to the camps and then make a decision.

Liggins NBA value is all about his ability to defend. I think he has a chance to stick somewhere based on that. He needs to work on his shooting and improve in that area. He doesn't have a lot in his arsenal offensively and I'm not sure he can develop a whole lot at this point. And, I don't think its likely he'll improve his draft prospects by returning for another season.

I'm guessing he's gone if he's considering it.

No one has mentioned the bolded part from LABS.

Almost no one. Check post #43. :cool:

As I stated in that post. I don't think Liggins is necessarily thinking NBA. He's simply thinking of earning a check for playing ball. He can do that in Europe or other places. And if his reason for doing so is taking care of his family, I'll be the first to applaud him.

That has NOTHING to do with us being "scared" when he has the ball. His FG%, 3PT% and Assist/TO ratio prove your "feeling" wrong.

It's my person feeling when he has the ball OR. Didn't say you had it or had to have it. Take a freaking chill pill. No amount of stats are going to amount to the eyeball test for me. Keep your opinion and let me have mine because its a subjective thing which means that no one could possibly be wrong.

It's my person feeling when he has the ball OR. Didn't say you had it or had to have it. Take a freaking chill pill. No amount of stats are going to amount to the eyeball test for me. Keep your opinion and let me have mine because its a subjective thing which means that no one could possibly be wrong.

:lol: I'm chill bro. Agree to disagree :thumb: