Liggins Considering Leaving

Clyde

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs to come back and work on some ball handling. For a guy that was a PG coming in he's scary (for UK) when he has the ball.

I agree he needs to work on ball handling for the next level but he is far from scary for us when he has the ball. He had the best assist to turnover ratio on the team...

I'm surprised that so many people have negative opinions of Liggins. His game has some short-comings, but he will play in the NBA. 6'6'' with guard skills and a passion for the game. He's a capable outside shooter but his perimeter game needs a lot of work. He could be a great defender & he's already a good penetrator.

At a minimum, Liggins (and Darius Miller) should declare for the draft & attend some pre-draft workouts.

Liggins has had a rough upbringing. If he can earn a paycheck playing basketball, more power to him.

I agree he needs to work on ball handling for the next level but he is far from scary for us when he has the ball. He had the best assist to turnover ratio on the team...

People think that he took a bad shot at the end of the game & it skews their sense of reality...

I always feel like something crazy could happen. We don't have alot of high assist guys, so that could be why his is the best. He's usually due for a few plays a game that leave you scratching your head.

I'm surprised that so many people have negative opinions of Liggins. His game has some short-comings, but he will play in the NBA. 6'6'' with guard skills and a passion for the game. He's a capable outside shooter but his perimeter game needs a lot of work. He could be a great defender & he's already a good penetrator.

At a minimum, Liggins (and Darius Miller) should declare for the draft & attend some pre-draft workouts.

Liggins has had a rough upbringing. If he can earn a paycheck playing basketball, more power to him.

:thumb:

He was our "glue guy" all year, especially in the last month.

I do think they should both go and attend some workouts to see what they need to work on. I don't think he's a good penetrator for the NBA level at all, I think he's only above average at it at the college level. I do think he can & will play in the NBA. I think he could be another Matt Barnes or Dahtay Jones.

People think that he took a bad shot at the end of the game & it skews their sense of reality...

I actually had no problem with the shot. Liggins is one of my favorites on the team, but he scares me when he drives to the hoop. I'd have said that a week ago, 2 months ago, last year or his freshman year. Not one shot is going to influence me as far as that goes.

I do think they should both go and attend some workouts to see what they need to work on. I don't think he's a good penetrator for the NBA level at all, I think he's only above average at it at the college level. I do think he can & will play in the NBA. I think he could be another Matt Barnes or Dahtay Jones.

I actually had no problem with the shot. Liggins is one of my favorites on the team, but he scares me when he drives to the hoop. I'd have said that a week ago, 2 months ago, last year or his freshman year. Not one shot is going to influence me as far as that goes.

There's not much evidence to back up your claim about him being shaky with the ball. Every guy on the team made poor decisions at times. I think Liggins was one of our best decision makers on penetration type plays.

Only problem I had with Liggins on D last night was getting caught up on screens trying to chase Kemba too often. That is going to happen to anyone that guards him, and is why I thought he was better off on Lamb or as the game played out on Napier when he was in to allow Kemba to play the 2. It happened on most of the shots Kemba did make and was there on several he missed. That said he fought through on the 2 blocks which were huge...