Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Liggins Considering Leaving

Featured Replies

Defensive specialist can't guard Kemba, trying guarding Derrick Rose.
:thumb:
  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He needs to come back and work on some ball handling. For a guy that was a PG coming in he's scary (for UK) when he has the ball.

 

I agree he needs to work on ball handling for the next level but he is far from scary for us when he has the ball. He had the best assist to turnover ratio on the team...

I'm surprised that so many people have negative opinions of Liggins. His game has some short-comings, but he will play in the NBA. 6'6'' with guard skills and a passion for the game. He's a capable outside shooter but his perimeter game needs a lot of work. He could be a great defender & he's already a good penetrator.

 

At a minimum, Liggins (and Darius Miller) should declare for the draft & attend some pre-draft workouts.

 

Liggins has had a rough upbringing. If he can earn a paycheck playing basketball, more power to him.

I agree he needs to work on ball handling for the next level but he is far from scary for us when he has the ball. He had the best assist to turnover ratio on the team...

 

People think that he took a bad shot at the end of the game & it skews their sense of reality...

I agree he needs to work on ball handling for the next level but he is far from scary for us when he has the ball. He had the best assist to turnover ratio on the team...

 

I always feel like something crazy could happen. We don't have alot of high assist guys, so that could be why his is the best. He's usually due for a few plays a game that leave you scratching your head.

I'm surprised that so many people have negative opinions of Liggins. His game has some short-comings, but he will play in the NBA. 6'6'' with guard skills and a passion for the game. He's a capable outside shooter but his perimeter game needs a lot of work. He could be a great defender & he's already a good penetrator.

 

At a minimum, Liggins (and Darius Miller) should declare for the draft & attend some pre-draft workouts.

 

Liggins has had a rough upbringing. If he can earn a paycheck playing basketball, more power to him.

 

:thumb:

 

He was our "glue guy" all year, especially in the last month.

I'm surprised that so many people have negative opinions of Liggins. His game has some short-comings, but he will play in the NBA. 6'6'' with guard skills and a passion for the game. He's a capable outside shooter but his perimeter game needs a lot of work. He could be a great defender & he's already a good penetrator.

 

At a minimum, Liggins (and Darius Miller) should declare for the draft & attend some pre-draft workouts.

 

I do think they should both go and attend some workouts to see what they need to work on. I don't think he's a good penetrator for the NBA level at all, I think he's only above average at it at the college level. I do think he can & will play in the NBA. I think he could be another Matt Barnes or Dahtay Jones.

 

People think that he took a bad shot at the end of the game & it skews their sense of reality...

 

I actually had no problem with the shot. Liggins is one of my favorites on the team, but he scares me when he drives to the hoop. I'd have said that a week ago, 2 months ago, last year or his freshman year. Not one shot is going to influence me as far as that goes.

I do think they should both go and attend some workouts to see what they need to work on. I don't think he's a good penetrator for the NBA level at all, I think he's only above average at it at the college level. I do think he can & will play in the NBA. I think he could be another Matt Barnes or Dahtay Jones.

 

 

 

I actually had no problem with the shot. Liggins is one of my favorites on the team, but he scares me when he drives to the hoop. I'd have said that a week ago, 2 months ago, last year or his freshman year. Not one shot is going to influence me as far as that goes.

 

There's not much evidence to back up your claim about him being shaky with the ball. Every guy on the team made poor decisions at times. I think Liggins was one of our best decision makers on penetration type plays.

Liggins will need some major improvement to his ball handling and jumper to ever play in the NBA.

He will not get drafted. This would be a huge mistake. Get your degree. That's what is best for your family.

He will not get drafted. This would be a huge mistake. Get your degree. That's what is best for your family.

 

:thumb: MAYBE improve enough to make it in the league as a 12th man or play over seas for a few years.

FWIW, nbadraft.net has him listed as a 2nd Round pick (50th overall) in the 2012 draft.

Defensive specialist can't guard Kemba, trying guarding Derrick Rose.

 

What? Walker has 18 on 35% shooting and UCONN scored less than 60 points. The defense on Walker and his team was excellent.

Only problem I had with Liggins on D last night was getting caught up on screens trying to chase Kemba too often. That is going to happen to anyone that guards him, and is why I thought he was better off on Lamb or as the game played out on Napier when he was in to allow Kemba to play the 2. It happened on most of the shots Kemba did make and was there on several he missed. That said he fought through on the 2 blocks which were huge...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.