Is Brandon Knight coming back?

WHAT?????????????????????????

Player's that go to the league before they're ready get swallowed up most of the time. Sebastian Telfair, Dejaun Wagner, Kwame Brown, Gerald Green, all come to mind. I think Knight still has some things to work on before an NBA team would really want to hand him the keys. Maybe his shooting can make up for it,, maybe not. All I know is that I think he's more likely to learn how to play a more tradtional PG role in college than in the league.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Player's that go to the league before they're ready get swallowed up most of the time. Sebastian Telfair, Dejaun Wagner, Kwame Brown, Gerald Green, all come to mind. I think Knight still has some things to work on before an NBA team would really want to hand him the keys. Maybe his shooting can make up for it,, maybe not. All I know is that I think he's more likely to learn how to play a more tradtional PG role in college than in the league.

Problem... How's he going to get the time necessary at PG next year with Teague coming in? If Knight stays, I guess he'll have a role like Bledsoe did last year. Not necessarily a bad thing, just not the opportunity to improve PG play.

PP, Daniel Orton is exactly the kind of guy I was thinking about. Dude will never develop in the league IMO, and I don't think that would have been the case with another year or two of schooling. Dude has zero shot at success IMO.

I agree. I understood your point from the jump.

Problem... How's he going to get the time necessary at PG next year with Teague coming in? If Knight stays, I guess he'll have a role like Bledsoe did last year. Not necessarily a bad thing, just not the opportunity to improve PG play.

Then he may as well leave since this will be as good as it gets for him.

Why is it a foregone conclusion that Knight will be moved?

I would imagine that BK would get the handle the ball plenty next year, I think he's earned that. Maybe playing off the ball some would help him as well though, sort of like former QBs becoming good WRs in college.

I would imagine that BK would get the handle the ball plenty next year, I think he's earned that. Maybe playing off the ball some would help him as well though, sort of like former QBs becoming good WRs in college.

I think he'd be better off the ball. I feel like that's more natural for him. Don't get me wrong, he's a really really good PG. But I love the way he frees himself up off screens and immediately catches and shoots. He has the ability to play both positions. I agree he'd be better served to come back another year. Just not for the same reason as you. I think it would improve his stock by showcasing his off the ball play. The NBA has already seen what he can do at point. Obviously he would still play some point next year. It just wouldn't be his primary position.

Why is it a foregone conclusion that Knight will be moved?

Go watch anything and everything you can on Marquis Teague. He's the real deal, and a TRUE point guard. Knight can very easily move over to the 2 and things would continue to run smoothly IMO. It's just the best move for the team.

Then he may as well leave since this will be as good as it gets for him.

I never said this was as good as it gets. I still think he'd be better off returning next year, but that's because I see him as more of a shooting guard due to his natural abilities. The NBA needs to see that side of him, and it could further improve his draft stock. He's a hybrid guard. Much like Lou Williams, which I pointed put earlier. He's definitely got the tools to play point, but can be used in a variety of ways.

I never said this was as good as it gets. I still think he'd be better off returning next year, but that's because I see him as more of a shooting guard due to his natural abilities. The NBA needs to see that side of him, and it could further improve his draft stock. He's a hybrid guard. Much like Lou Williams, which I pointed put earlier. He's definitely got the tools to play point, but can be used in a variety of ways.

Don't you think he'd be a small shooting guard though? I would think he would have more success in the Steph Curry, Baron Davis, Chauncey Billups role where he scores as much as he passes. I don't see him being a successful starting shooting guard at all in the NBA, even though the league is getting smaller. He'd be fine against guys like Monte Ellis or Eric Gordon, but the bigger guys or the stronger/quicker guys would abuse him worse than the fast PGs would. JMO.

Don't you think he'd be a small shooting guard though? I would think he would have more success in the Steph Curry, Baron Davis, Chauncey Billups role where he scores as much as he passes. I don't see him being a successful starting shooting guard at all in the NBA, even though the league is getting smaller. He'd be fine against guys like Monte Ellis or Eric Gordon, but the bigger guys or the stronger/quicker guys would abuse him worse than the fast PGs would. JMO.

I do see what you're saying and I agree for the most part. I still think he could succeed in the league as a SG, but is probably better served as PG. So if he comes back, does he play the point for us next year with Teague coming off the bench? Because I can't see Teague at the 2. Then again, I didn't expect Bledsoe to play as well as he did there either.

Teague can play the 2. Did it a lot for Pike this year actually...

I'll take your word for it then. I've only seen a little bit of his game and he looked like a true point guard. I just want the two on the court at the same time, regardless of position.

I'll take your word for it then. I've only seen a little bit of his game and he looked like a true point guard. I just want the two on the court at the same time, regardless of position.

He definately a PG first and foremost, but playing off the ball is not something new to Mook...