Is Brandon Knight coming back?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like there is a lot more development because the college game is nothing close to the talent level in the NBA. You are right about guys getting "slotted" and fitting in to roles, but that is because their are evaluated properly and that's why they are in the NBA. Totally different scenario entirely.

College is a developmental system by nature, so it will be more obvious when guys to break through against a much, much different level of talent. EVERY player in the NBA is leaps and bounds better than they were in college...

I don't doubt a word you said. I just think Knight would learn more about how to use his game for the NBA by staying in college. Do you think Kemba adds all this stuff to his game had he went to the league two years ago? No way IMO. I think when you get in the league you kind of have to go with what you've got.

I don't doubt a word you said. I just think Knight would learn more about how to use his game for the NBA by staying in college. Do you think Kemba adds all this stuff to his game had he went to the league two years ago? No way IMO. I think when you get in the league you kind of have to go with what you've got.

If Kemba was actually given the keys to the car that Knight was as a freshman I think you would have seen a lot of what he is showing now right out of high school.

I do think Knight would be best served with another year, but if he does go it isn't going to make a ton of difference in who he would be in the NBA. He isn't going to develop blazing speed. His jumper is already very solid so while he can get more consistency it isn't because it is broken and needs fixed.

I will tell you this. Every college player I have ever talked to that has spent some time in the summer working with NBA guys have said point blank the amount of work they put in to improve blows them away. It's an entirely different level in terms of work put in...

Yeah but I don't think a college freshman should settle for not being as good as they could be. It's hard for players to get alot better in the NBA IMO, you just don't get as much work and coaching as you do in college I don't think. I think they expect you to know what to do a little more.

WHAT?????????????????????????

WHAT?????????????????????????

In college the coaches will work with the players to develop them. See Calipari and Josh Harrellson. In the pros, the coaches expect you to be able to do what they drafted you for. Any efforts to improve are done on your own and not under the tutelage of Phil Jackson during a practice. You get sent to the NBDL for development in the NBA.

Edited by PurplePride92

In college the coaches will work with the players to develop them. See Calipari amd Josh Harrellson. In the pros, the coaches expect you to be able to do what they drafted you for. Any efforts to improve are done on your own and not under the tutelage of Phil Jackson during a practice. You get sent to the NBDL for development in the NBA.

You do realize how little time is allowed for actual instruction in college right???

You do realize how little time is allowed for actual instruction in college right???

Yes. I was just trying to translate for Cats. I understood what he was saying. It was all already covered by you two I thought. I just didn't feel like telling CC to go back and re read the thread.

I think the simple words.....Daniel Orton would have benefitted from another year of college says it all.

Yes. I was just trying to translate for Cats. I understood what he was saying. It was all already covered by you two I thought. I just didn't feel like telling CC to go back and re read the thread.

I think the simple words.....Daniel Orton would have benefitted from another year of college says it all.

And he might not have ever made it to the NBA if he did that with the status of his knees. He did the right thing and he is at least going to make a few million.

And he might not have ever made it to the NBA if he did that with the status of his knees. He did the right thing and he is at least going to make a few million.

Yeah but at least he'd have a better chance to play. We'll probably never see him again. I hope he saved his money.

Yeah but at least he'd have a better chance to play. We'll probably never see him again. I hope he saved his money.

He would be sitting on the bench at UK right now with knee problems. I don't see him getting any better doing that and it would have probably dropped his stock into the 2nd round.