Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Brandon Knight coming back?

Featured Replies

Where did I say I thought he was ready? In this thread I said it could take him some time to adjust if he goes now.

 

Being the best pure athlete doesn't make you automatically the best defender. Knight had trouble with Craft because he was going against an ELITE defender on the ball. Two totally different things...

 

Both Westbrook and Rose are quickly becoming elite defenders, and Wall has the tools. Rondo is an elite defender as is Deron Williams and CP3. All I'm saying is Knight, Teauge or whoever is going to see alot better defense in the league than Craft can provide IMO. Would you agree or disagree with that?

  • Replies 98
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both Westbrook and Rose are quickly becoming elite defenders, and Wall has the tools. Rondo is an elite defender as is Deron Williams and CP3. All I'm saying is Knight, Teauge or whoever is going to see alot better defense in the league than Craft can provide IMO. Would you agree or disagree with that?

 

I would agree, but it isn't the gap you think it is. That's all I'm saying...

Bruce Bowen also guarded guys on the wing. Since Bruce's time NBA PGs have become crazy athletic. While Bruce played 3 years ago only a few guys had that kind of quickness. Craft, white or black, is no where near the type of defender Knight will see in the NBA IMO. Not even in the same zip code.

 

Knight might see defenders who are much more athletic than say a craft. However it doesn't mean that they would be playing as hard as they could on defense to do that, especially during the regular season in the NBA. A guy like Billups and Fischer have had great careers in the NBA and been very successful, and Knight is probably more athletic than them. However like them he is very smart, so while he may not be a star pg like Rose, Westbrook, etc. He probably will have a solid career like the guys I mentioned.

I would agree, but it isn't the gap you think it is. That's all I'm saying...

 

Fair enough, I'll take your word for it :thumb:.

 

Knight might see defenders who are much more athletic than say a craft. However it doesn't mean that they would be playing as hard as they could on defense to do that, especially during the regular season in the NBA. A guy like Billups and Fischer have had great careers in the NBA and been very successful, and Knight is probably more athletic than them. However like them he is very smart, so while he may not be a star pg like Rose, Westbrook, etc. He probably will have a solid career like the guys I mentioned.

 

Yeah but I don't think a college freshman should settle for not being as good as they could be. It's hard for players to get alot better in the NBA IMO, you just don't get as much work and coaching as you do in college I don't think. I think they expect you to know what to do a little more. If Knight stays another year or two he'd have the skills to go at the top level guards even more. He just needs to keep adding to his game. Steve Nash is far from a great physical athlete, but he is easily able to overcome it. Cal has been the best at developing PGs for the league, just imagine what he could do with the same PG for two years.

Delete

Edited by The Professor

It's hard for players to get alot better in the NBA IMO, you just don't get as much work and coaching as you do in college I don't think.

 

:scared:

 

WHAT!?!?!?!

 

You can't be serious with that statement. There are strict time limitations on getting coaching in college, and they are basically allowed zero staff instruction over the summer. Add in class, study hall and all of the academic requirements and compare that to the NBA where basketball is your job. You are usually on point with stuff, but that is just an absurd statement...

Was Bruce Bowen an amazing athlete? No, he was hard nosed and took defense very seriously. That's Craft and what he brings on the defensive sie of the ball. Plus Craft is a lot more athletic than the color of his skin gets him credit for...

 

As I was watching the game Friday night I thought to myself this kid looks like a football player (as far as toughness and instinct in a lot of ways). Then they said on the telecast his dad was a high school football coach and the kid had played all the way up to his senior year. You could tell he was mentally tough and took pride in the little things. I bet he was a heck of a high school football player as well...

As I was watching the game Friday night I thought to myself this kid looks like a football player (as far as toughness and instinct in a lot of ways). Then they said on the telecast his dad was a high school football coach and the kid had played all the way up to his senior year. You could tell he was mentally tough and took pride in the little things. I bet he was a heck of a high school football player as well...

 

He was a really good QB...

:scared:

 

WHAT!?!?!?!

 

You can't be serious with that statement. There are strict time limitations on getting coaching in college, and they are basically allowed zero staff instruction over the summer. Add in class, study hall and all of the academic requirements and compare that to the NBA where basketball is your job. You are usually on point with stuff, but that is just an absurd statement...

 

What guys have drastically changed their game in the NBA in the last 10-15 years? Sure guys get better at shooting, but there usually isn't someone who just becomes a star out of the blue.

 

Look at the development of Kemba Walker, which granted no doubt had alot to do with his own personal dedication. He's a completely different player this year. Harrellson, Henson at UNC, Zoubek over his career at Duke, Nolan Smith, etc.

 

 

What I'm saying is there is more mobility in college. You get a little time for the league to figure you out and then you get "slotted" somewhere. If you get pigeon-holed into being a role, spot up guy that's all you ever really do. Maybe that has alot to do with the amount of talent in the NBA, but to me there is far more talent development that goes on in college basketball than in the NBA. Guys that are going to be stars in the league show flashes early in their careers. Other guys just kind of get left behind.

Also GT what I was saying is that in college they teach players how to play the game. In the NBA they expect you to know it, and just work to fine tune whatever skills you do have. Unless you're a star.

Let's start the list...

 

Rondo comes to mind first...

Let's start the list...

 

Rondo comes to mind first...

 

Rondo did what? Got alot better? That can't be the example IMO. He's blessed with alot of gifts necessary for great PGs, and fell into the most idea situation a PG has landed in since Magic Johnson.

  • Author

GT, with all this discussion on Knight and the NBA, what current NBA does he most resemble. When I watch him I think Chauncy Billups.

It looks like there is a lot more development because the college game is nothing close to the talent level in the NBA. You are right about guys getting "slotted" and fitting in to roles, but that is because their are evaluated properly and that's why they are in the NBA. Totally different scenario entirely.

 

College is a developmental system by nature, so it will be more obvious when guys to break through against a much, much different level of talent. EVERY player in the NBA is leaps and bounds better than they were in college...

Not GT, but he looks like Eric Gordon with a mean streak to me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.