Is Brandon Knight coming back?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knight, Lamb and Mook all playing 20 minutes a game and causing havoc for anyone trying to defend them...

I know Knight and Lamb are team players and could deal with less minutes. I'm assuming Teague's the same way. The thought of it's scary.

I have been saying all along that if I had a choice, Knight would be the player I would pick to keep even though Teague is coming in next year. I think Knight would be even BETTER at the two guard. I could only imagine the team next year if he comes back.

It would be hard to give up a sure thing. We've seen Knight excel at the collegiate level and Teague has yet to step on the court on that stage. And Knight, true PG or not, takes care of the basketball. The importance and significance of that cannot be overstated, IMO.

Obviously it hinges on who returns, but it might be very difficult for the incoming freshmen at UK to crack the starting lineup. It also depends on what kind of lineup Calipari wants to put on the court, but the best opportunity will likely be for the bigs.

Let's assume all our freshmen return. Would you try to go with a standard or small lineup?

The small lineup could be Knight, Lamb, Liggins, Miller and Jones.

The standard would have the 1-3 spots filled by Knight, Lamb, Liggins, Miller, Teague and Gilchrist. The 4 would be Jones and the 5 would be Vargas or one of the other two freshmen.

Good problem to have.

I like having Knight at the PG for the most part. I would want it to touch his hands every possession if he's back next year. The dude is almost unstoppable off of the dribble. If he moves to the 2 I'd want sets for Knight every possession to get him a shot, or at least a touch.

I'll take your word for it then. I've only seen a little bit of his game and he looked like a true point guard. I just want the two on the court at the same time, regardless of position.

If Bledsoe could play the 2, I would imagine that Teague could as well. He'd still get to handle the ball plenty, because in a few sets I would imagine Cal might want Knight off the ball.

I don't think they are after Simpson as hard as he makes it sound...

So are they hard after anybody else? I've heard they've even backed off of Lacey due to the grade issues & that Alabama is the leader for his services. Think Cal is done, or is he waiting for Knight to decide?

So are they hard after anybody else? I've heard they've even backed off of Lacey due to the grade issues & that Alabama is the leader for his services. Think Cal is done, or is he waiting for Knight to decide?

Anderson would seem to be the most likely right now...

Aaric Murray is a transfer from La Salle that could be an option.